A message to the 'haters'.....

I can understand that people are a bit disappointed by the guest list so far - especially in light of SMs claims for this years event. But there are still three things you have to bear in mind : -

There's still two weeks left

Very important point this - anything can happen in two weeks. I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of the guests are only going to be there for Saturday.... now what does this tell us? Look at the Blakes 7 guys - Sat only, and thats what 5 guests? This tells us that SM have some big plans for the Sun as well. Now whether thats a cast reunion, or a load of seperate guests, only time will tell. But there are definitely holes to be filled, and you can be sure SM are working round the clock to fill them. I know you've been moaning about the fact that there are few 'film' guests, but bear in mind that actors / actresses have tight schedules, and sometimes time slots only appear at the last minute.

Negativity breeds negativity

Lets all be positive! Being negative only gets people annoyed and negative themselves, and it just ends up with people losing their enthusiasm for the event. Lets just all be positive, and look forward to what transpires - SM will no doubt pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat, and I'll be saying I told you so ^_^^_^

There is still a chance that Jeri Ryan could be there

You never know! :unsure::angry:

That's it - just chill and wait for SM to totally redeem themselves!

I get what your saying and based on track record we have no reason to doubt Showmasters. And yes positivity is a great thing. However, this is a message board for people to you know - discuss things :unsure: And the fact that the event is quite small at the moment is a legitimate concern as is the fact that people are going to want to know what's going on. Personally I don't doubt SM's have a few ace's up their sleeves, but as long as people are polite I see no reason to call them 'haters' and to ban people from talking about certain things. Otherwise this message board will soon be empty.

Jenny

Who every time she has tried to post in the last hour the thread has been closed or deleted so is not overly hopeful that this will work *g*

I get what your saying and based on track record we have no reason to doubt Showmasters. And yes positivity is a great thing. However, this is a message board for people to you know - discuss things :o And the fact that the event is quite small at the moment is a legitimate concern as is the fact that people are going to want to know what's going on. Personally I don't doubt SM's have a few ace's up their sleeves, but as long as people are polite I see no reason to call them 'haters' and to ban people from talking about certain things. Otherwise this message board will soon be empty.

Jenny

Who every time she has tried to post in the last hour the thread has been closed or deleted so is not overly hopeful that this will work *g*

Lol don't get me wrong - I'm just trying to cheer everyone up!

And the term 'haters' is just a generic term - refers to anyone expressing dislike over anything - Theres not much more meaning behind it, so I wouldn't read too much in :lol:

PS : - Know what you mean about threads closing - seems to happen to ever third thread at the moment :huh:

Hey I know where you're coming from - this place does seem to need cheering up a little bit at the moment. You're post just made me think of the phrase 'I may disagree with your opinion, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it'.

And just as a FYI that bit about threads dissapearing wasn't meant to be a dig. I just couldn't seem to get anything through for about half an hour *g* I think TT was paying me back for a certain coke theft-age :o:huh:

I can understand that people are a bit disappointed by the guest list so far - especially in light of SMs claims for this years event. But there are still three things you have to bear in mind : -

Very important point this - anything can happen in two weeks. I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of the guests are only going to be there for Saturday.... now what does this tell us? Look at the Blakes 7 guys - Sat only, and thats what 5 guests? This tells us that SM have some big plans for the Sun as well. Now whether thats a cast reunion, or a load of seperate guests, only time will tell. But there are definitely holes to be filled, and you can be sure SM are working round the clock to fill them. I know you've been moaning about the fact that there are few 'film' guests, but bear in mind that actors / actresses have tight schedules, and sometimes time slots only appear at the last minute.

Lets all be positive! Being negative only gets people annoyed and negative themselves, and it just ends up with people losing their enthusiasm for the event. Lets just all be positive, and look forward to what transpires - SM will no doubt pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat, and I'll be saying I told you so :o:lol:

You never know! :huh::o

I think hate is a rather strong word.

When the big announcement was made for the LFCC, I would think most people were very positive and excited about what sounded like a huge American style convention with summer movie tie-ins, other events etc

Perhaps we all misinterpreted it !

I have had the chance to meet some great guests thanks to Showmasters and I will have the chance again in two weeks time to meet some good guests.

I think people are just disappointed based on the original announcements.

LFCC2 had a far stronger line up.

I don't hate Showmasters at all, they have given me the opportunity to meet many of my TV and Film favourites, I just wish that they were a little more realistic in their advertising, rather than the over promise , under deliver approach.

• Showmasters Admin

I know it's not a direct dig at me Jenny (or maybe it is :huh: )

But I will answer the comment about closing of threads.

As I've said before if people post constructively then great, but so many threads get started in a negative way and they just start arguments.

There are 2 things I'm trying to do as a mod…..

1: Keep the live relevant topics in view by closing duplicates (and I always post the other thread for the discussion to continue). This keeps all of the discussion for a topic in one place rather than in 2 or 3 threads, and will make the forum easier to read.

2: Keep the forum a less negative place, by pre-empting arguments.

I can do this by:

Editing the posts - I'm not going to edit peoples comments (unless they're out right rude or offensive), as that may take they're opinion out of the post and I'm not going to stop someone expressing their opinion.

Deleting the thread completely - Again this removes the persons opinion, so I won't do it, unless the thread has got out of hand. (For the record the only thread I deleted earlier was the one addressed to me as it had been answered)

So I chose to close the thread and explain why I've done it - This means anyone that wishes to, can read the opinion of the poster but an argument can not start. Hopefully the person that started the thread will see why I have closed it. And if they wish to put there opinion across in a less aggressive/sarcy way they can start a new thread, to start a discussion (not an argument).

It makes the most sense to me.

I'd rather not put this in a new thread, but a lot of people have talked about how late Burt Reynolds was announced last time, and how we should keep the faith ! I have checked, and Burt Reynolds was announced on 22nd October. Exactly FIFTEEN days before the show.

Yaphet Kotto was announced on 23rd October !

Michael Biehn was announced on the 26th !!! TEN DAYS before LFACCC !!

Anything can happen in a fortnight ! Either way, I am going to LFACC now - I have enough guests to be worth my while making the journey & taking the time off work etc, so I won't get myself an ulcer about how it's not up to the usual standard :huh: ....

I'd rather not put this in a new thread, but a lot of people have talked about how late Burt Reynolds was announced last time, and how we should keep the faith ! I have checked, and Burt Reynolds was announced on 22nd October. Exactly FIFTEEN days before the show.

Yaphet Kotto was announced on 23rd October !

Michael Biehn was announced on the 26th !!! TEN DAYS before LFACCC !!

Anything can happen in a fortnight ! Either way, I am going to LFACC now - I have enough guests to be worth my while making the journey & taking the time off work etc, so I won't get myself an ulcer about how it's not up to the usual standard :huh: ....

Damn right Dufresne - good work on pulling up those stats. All this does is heighten my expectation at Jeri Ryan being announced at some point in the next two weeks!

• Moderators

I don't think you should heighten your expectations!

Think that's the cause of 99% of ppls disappointment right now anyway ...

I'd just take the lineup as it is right now, and if anything major happens then great! If not then it's a solid, albeit not exactly COLLOSAL or whatever, lineup!

Look at it this way - next year we'll be saying that

"Karen Allen was announced on 11nd June

Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody were announced on 14th June

John Rhys Davies was announced on 16nd June

Jeri Ryan was announced on the 20th

Harrison Ford was announced on the 22nd!!"

Woot!

Lets just wait and see!

Look at it this way - next year we'll be saying that

"Karen Allen was announced on 11nd June

Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody were announced on 14th June

John Rhys Davies was announced on 16nd June

Jeri Ryan was announced on the 20th

Harrison Ford was announced on the 22nd!!"

Woot!

Lets just wait and see!

Ok, I know Harrison Ford but who are those other people?! And who's Jeri Ryan???

<_<

Edited by paul

loool :)

Karen Allen = Marion Ravenwood out of Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Kate Capshaw = Willie Scott out of Temple Of Doom

Alison Doody = Dr Elsa Schnieder out of Last Crusade

John Rhys Davies = Sallah (and Gimli out of LOTR) - he was at the last CM though

Jeri Ryan = Seven Of Nine out of Voyager - the impossibly hot blonde ex-borg with the sprayed on catsuit <_<:wub:

Very important  point this - anything can happen in two weeks. I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of the guests are only going to be there for Saturday.... now what does this tell us? Look at the Blakes 7 guys - Sat only, and thats what 5 guests? This tells us that SM have some big plans for the Sun as well. Now whether thats a cast reunion, or a load of seperate guests, only time will tell. But there are definitely holes to be filled, and you can be sure SM are working round the clock to fill them. I know you've been moaning about the fact that there are few 'film' guests, but bear in mind that actors / actresses have tight schedules, and sometimes time slots only appear at the last minute.

Lets all be positive! Being negative only gets people annoyed and negative themselves, and it just ends up with people losing their enthusiasm for the event. Lets just all be positive, and look forward to what transpires - SM will no doubt pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat, and I'll be saying I told you so ;)  :lol:

You never know!  ;)  :borg:

I think hate is a rather strong word.

When the big announcement was made for the LFCC, I would think most people were very positive and excited about what sounded like a huge American style convention with summer movie tie-ins, other events etc

Perhaps we all misinterpreted it !

I have had the chance to meet some great guests thanks to Showmasters and I will have the chance again in two weeks time to meet some good guests.

I think people are just disappointed based on the original announcements.

LFCC2 had a far stronger line up.

I don't hate Showmasters at all, they have given me the opportunity to meet many of my TV and Film favourites, I just wish that they were a little more realistic in their advertising, rather than the over promise , under deliver approach.

what he said basically.

the only thing is that i already booked my planetickets, hotels and tickets for the theatre before they canceled the evnet WAY TOO LATE with this excuse and now...................... it looks to be exactly the same event with perhaps a small change here and there and that pisses me off.

i love the lfcc events and i think that this is a good line up even though this will be my lowest score with autographs EVER (only four or 5) but it ddissapoints me to see that they haven't lived up to what they promise YET AGAIN.

and where are the comic guys? surely perlman and kilmer aren't the only ones?

I know what you're saying.... it's more of a TV con than a film con at the moment. I suppose to be fair Kate Mulgrew has been in more than a few films.... But as I said earlier in the thread it doesn't surprise me. The actors will always be the last to confirm.