GOLD PASS TICKETS

showmasters

finaly i get to respond ( forgat my pass )

SM this is totaly unfeer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

basicly what you are telling me is :

If you have tuns of cash and we like you - i spend tuns of cash which i save all year round just to get to collectormnia.

please re - think this, whay shuld I or any one alese be put aside cuz we dont have lots of cash - YES this is what you are doing !!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please re - think this, whay shuld I or any one alese be put aside cuz we dont have lots of cash - YES this is what you are doing !!!!

Interestingly enough, why do you think you get the opportunity to meet celebrities that you obviously value enought to pay autographs for? It's cause Showmasters put their neck on the line and pay out for the organisation. In the end, though, they need to get back the costs of flying in celebrities, booking centre:mk and paying for all the infrastructure. Seriously, now, would you rather that 50 people who can afford it priority treatment with pretty much no effect on you, or that they add £5 to every autograph to get the same amount of revenue.

Of course, if you want to organise some Communist event where everyone's treated equally, go ahead, just make sure you have pockets deep enough to finance it first. Oooooh... no, wait, cause if no-one's making profit then nothing like this ever would be organised... welcome to capitalism.

you not what Costa you really jump down any ones throat who doesn't agree with you.

People are entitled to their opinion and sure respond like i said you are also welcome to your opinion but you are so aggresive.

Calm down

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone who is going to take this aggressively : please don't, I'm just pointing something out, it's not meant to rile people.

If you were organising a convention like Collectormania and you had flights, hotel, accomodation, energy, guests, food, publicity and other such things to pay for, wouldn't you be thinking of the most plausible ways to make that money to make the convention half decent?

If you think about it, most of those tickets will probably be snapped up by dealers - even if not, the demand for these gold tickets may be higher than we think. From experience as a crew member, I see an awful lot of people spending more money at one convention than I will probably see in a year, which makes these passes financially sound for them. I know someone will say 'Well, if they're so much in demand, why haven't they sold out yet?' - plenty of people will want to reason first and weigh up the pros and cons of buying one of these passes, just like we are in this topic (although hopefully, less aggressively).

That much money may not make any sense to some of us but we're only a handful of fans and we don't even represent a tiny portion of the wide spectrum of fans - it's only fifty tickets out of however many go to these conventions - you get less than fifty people infront of you in a virtual queue, it's really not so big a number, and it really doesn't stop you from doing what you want to at these conventions.

That's all I wanted to say :D

• Showmasters Admin
Maraviel, if I don't get the little info that was posted so far about Gold Passes totally wrong, they will not be sold to dealers.

I took this is mean not dealers.

THERE ARE ONLY 50 GOLD PASS'S AVAILABLE, and these are being made available to the fans only.

Maraviel, if I don't get the little info that was posted so far about Gold Passes totally wrong, they will not be sold to dealers.

I took this is mean not dealers.

THERE ARE ONLY 50 GOLD PASS'S AVAILABLE, and these are being made available to the fans only.

Yes, that's what I interpreted as "won't be sold to dealers", too.

Sorry, I'm silly - think I may have been on autopilot when I read that, I knew they weren't available to dealers! I think what I meant to say, in less confusing terms, were that people who buy autos then sell them on who aren't officially dealers would probably be attracted to them - does that make any sense? Thanks for telling me though :)

Edited by Maraviel

It amazes me how fans are willing to pay more, more and more for (often) less and less.

Apparently years ago it used to be normal for guests to come to cons and sign for free. Now prices seem to be going up all over the place.

Seems to me anyone willing to pay £250 to avoid queing for virtual tickets and get front seats in the talks is nuts. They are not even really going to be able to queue jump (read it: it says it's to join the BACK of any queues). But I'm sure there's some who will. And that's their choice.

Someone compared this to a weekend con ticket: I just spent a great weekend with 8 guests, got all their autos for free on a picture provided for free by the organiser, got front row seats (as a steward) for 11 talks, 3 parties, a meet and greet, got to see short films by one guest and a dj spot by another: all for a £65 ticket. That was low, but I don't think there's been any cons in the UK (or at least not any that had happy punters *G*) at more than £200.

People are saying the gold pass makes people superior. Personally I feel superior not buying it.

They are not even really going to be able to queue jump (read it: it says it's to join the BACK of any queues).

It's not really reasonable to push in on the ACTUAL queue, but then this is maybe ten or fifteen minutes at most ! Jumping the VIRTUAL queue is pretty handy - not to mention that it GUARANTEES you meeting any guest, as you don't need to worry about getting a virtual ticket before they run out !

A lot better being able to walk into ANY queue at any time than turning up at 9am and getting ticket 700 for someone n having to wait around for hours n hours!

£250!!!!!

Suppose it is worth it if you are short of time but that is a lotta wedge to put up.....

And hello again David, it's been a while

• Moderators

lol well I personally wouldn't do it unless I was rich! and if I'd travelled a long way and there were guests that I REALLY wanted to see and couldn't risk not seeing if they were too busy etc .. u know, lots of different reasons but gotta actually have that kinda money to splash around!

And yeah it has been .. Mr Fickle ;) nah just kiddin, good to have ya back if u've got the time! Hope the family's well B)

lol well I personally wouldn't do it unless I was rich! and if I'd travelled a long way and there were guests that I REALLY wanted to see and couldn't risk not seeing if they were too busy etc .. u know, lots of different reasons but gotta actually have that kinda money to splash around!

And yeah it has been .. Mr Fickle :D nah just kiddin, good to have ya back if u've got the time! Hope the family's well  B)

Family good - thanks for asking ;)

Not much time available still - maybe the odd weekend here and there...plus limited internet access as I still have not sorted it out at my new place.

Thanks

Edited by Jedi Lunch Box

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

may get gold pass but was wondering if I was unable to attend on certain day would SM get some crew member to pick up my autographs and get photo with. Also are the goody bags going to be different to the london ones.