GOLD PASS TICKETS

showmasters

i personally think this is a bad idea .i know i cant afford it ! i would feel patronised by this knowing that people who DID pay for the pass were being prioritised. feel like my nose is being rubbed in it ! thats my view. :blink:

Presumably you don't (and certainly won't in future) ever travel by non-charter plane, or any distance by train, as you would just wilt with embarrasment knowing that they were people who were travelling first class or something like that because they had bought more expensive tickets and were getting better treatment. And if you ever stay in a hotel, make sure they don't have any really expensive suites available for high rollers as that would surely demean you too. Oh the shame, the shame! :rolleyes:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i had £250 i wouldn't spend it on a priority ticket thing... i'd much rather get a guitar or something lol! :o

it's a great idea, shame about the price. SMs must think we have more money than sense! lol :unsure:

perhaps showmasters could run a few competitions in the run up to C8, to win gold passes, so that all those who don't have £250 have a chance to get hold of a pass.

maybe something like a tie breaker( why should i get a gold pass), with the most original or outrageous winning a pass.

but then thats a bit unfair to the people who have decided to find the money and get one.

Me and my friend are by no means rich but we are considering it just so we don't have to get up early and make it more of a holiday also getting to the front at the ralks is quite appealing but i would be pretty pissed if i had scrimped and saved and another ten people just got them for nothing

perhaps showmasters could run a few competitions in the run up to C8, to win gold passes, so that all those who don't have £250 have a chance to get hold of a pass.

maybe something like a tie breaker( why should i get a gold pass), with the most original or outrageous winning a pass.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....ST&f=45&t=18640

They did one, but as has been said, giving too many away would defeat the point in having them in the first place.

Mm I agree with the other posters who've stated that although it's a great idea it's just too expensive!

Seems to me like it's just a way for Showmasters to make a quick twelve and a half grand from selling just 50 tickets.

Mm I agree with the other posters who've stated that although it's a great idea it's just too expensive!

Seems to me like it's just a way for Showmasters to make a quick twelve and a half grand from selling just 50 tickets.

Jesus when you think about how much they would be making that way. if they though in like 2 - 5 autographs of your choice i would probably go for it then but when you think how much more they are gonna get off us for that ......... well its making me think twice.

Jesus when you think about how much they would be making that way. if they though in like 2 - 5 autographs of your choice i would probably go for it then but when you think how much more they are gonna get off us for that ......... well its making me think twice.

Then don't buy it. Just to make it clear, Showmasters are offering this as an option for an admittedly small number who'd be happy to pay to avoid having to queue from the early hours. They still have free admission for all other people and it's going to make a negligible effect on the actual event.

There's really no need to post in here, "Oh my God, that's so expensive, I'm never buying it!". Showmasters are a business, not a charity, and they're obviously going to try and offer products people will buy: it's called selective pricing and is used universally, such as First Class Rail tickets. Don't want it, don't buy it, simple as that.

I'm not adverse to people paying to get to the front of the queue for guests.. ... it's not something i would get as i rarely want to go to *all* the talks, and dont spend that much per collectormania.

and also - does showmasters know where they are holding the talks for c8? because if it's at that stadium again i wouldnt want to go - that was a terrible room, and it took away from the enjoyment of the talk.

however. 50 is a nice number. it's not enough to seriously make a difference to the majority of other people at the event - and of course make SM a tidy sum.

so yes. i'll allow it ok :lol: just dont go upping the numbers of tickets! :P

They still have free admission for all other people

:P but its not free admission..i thought u had to pay to get in :P:lol:

Nah, free admission :D, LFACC you have to pay for, but CM is totally free except the autographs, talks and party.

Methinks if you paid you were scammed... probably by DavidB :P.

They still have free admission for all other people

:P but its not free admission..i thought u had to pay to get in :D:P

Nah, free admission ;), LFACC you have to pay for, but CM is totally free except the autographs, talks and party.

Methinks if you paid you were scammed... probably by DavidB :P.

:P d'oh .. wrong con :P:lol: thought i was in LFACC :lol:

Edited by vampwillow

Yes before anyone says anything, Im not jellous or trina show off, I do have the money to afford one of these tickets but Im not stupid

So... you claim you have the money to buy something you think is a rip off... but you're not showing off? Riiiight ;).

Again, Showmasters aren't FORCING you to part with your money. If you think it's worth it, you'll buy it, if not, you won't. Deal with it, it's the real world.

I'll have saved about £300 by C8, but a gold pass wouldnt be any good to me. i'm not really that interested in the talks (always to tired after walking around all day!) and the £250 would be put to better use on about 12 autographs! I don't begrudge anyone that buys one, but i'd rather spend my money on something I can see at he end of the day.

Yes before anyone says anything, Im not jellous or trina show off, I do have the money to afford one of these tickets but Im not stupid

So... you claim you have the money to buy something you think is a rip off... but you're not showing off? Riiiight :blink:.

Again, Showmasters aren't FORCING you to part with your money. If you think it's worth it, you'll buy it, if not, you won't. Deal with it, it's the real world.

No I just save well, and I think first before I spend my money, yes some may say getting a scribble on a piece of paper with someones face on (ie singed photo) is a rip off but at lease I can hang that on my wall and look at it for years to come and if people see them I can tell them where I got and its a reminder of the past (a good reminder)

A gold ticket only shows how much money you waisted not the good time you had, cause think about it if you go with a group of friends for the most part not everyone in the group will have a gold ticket (it might only be you) , whats the point in having a fast track pass if your friends have ticket number say 200 or above and you want to not only see the guests but to experience it with your friends....So you wait for them to go through to see the guest so you can go with them (d'oh just get a virtual que ticket when they do, its cheeper)

I could go on and on but I wont, but mainly the point is Im not hanging a gold ticket on the wall and I'll have more money to spend on other stuff at the event, because its not always about autographs for everyone there are other things to consider

So... you claim you have the money to buy something you think is a rip off... but you're not showing off? Riiiight :angry:.

No I just save well, and I think first before I spend my money, yes some may say getting a scribble on a piece of paper with someones face on (ie singed photo) is a rip off but at lease I can hang that on my wall and look at it for years to come and if people see them I can tell them where I got and its a reminder of the past (a good reminder)

A gold ticket only shows how much money you waisted not the good time you had, cause think about it if you go with a group of friends for the most part not everyone in the group will have a gold ticket (it might only be you) , whats the point in having a fast track pass if your friends have ticket number say 200 or above and you want to not only see the guests but to experience it with your friends....So you wait for them to go through to see the guest so you can go with them (d'oh just get a virtual que ticket when they do, its cheeper)

I could go on and on but I wont, but mainly the point is Im not hanging a gold ticket on the wall and I'll have more money to spend on other stuff at the event, because its not always about autographs for everyone there are other things to consider

Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm always way too poor to afford many autographs anyway (think I've got 4 over 4 SM events), I love meeting up with people and spending my money on the parties and alcohol... what can I say, I'm a social slut :D.

so yeah, i do think it's a rip off but if people are willing to buy these things i won't stop them.

Gee, how magnanimous of you :D

Incidentally, how would you stop them? Shouldn't your sentence read "if people are willing to buy these things i can't stop them."? :angry: Or can you freeze everyone's bank accounts (in which case, I have some business for you... :D )

my point and main problem i have with these tickets is that a big convention organiser in the states -who shall remain nameless- has gold passes as well and has all of the above perks BUT also includes about 10 to 15 autographs from the guests and they are even cheaper and you get WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAY more for the price.

all in all it comes down to paying at least 100 pounds only to just jump the queues.

so yeah, i do think it's a rip off but if people are willing to buy these things i won't stop them.

I wholeheartedly agree. Nothing wrong with making money, but this is way over the top and before I would spend 250 on a Gold Pass, I would probably put that towards a flight to the US where there tend to be bigger conventions and more of the actors I would like to see. I find the whole thing really puts me off.

Hopefully SM will at least sell the CDs seperately as well for those of us who are either not loaded or willing to spend so much money for so little in return! :angry:

Edited by MissAnonymous

This is really a question for Showmasters if they are keeping an eye on this topic.

i don't go to LFCC purely becuase i can't get the time of work for that aswell but i was looking on the board and their gold tickets are only £200 and they seem to be getting more for their money.

i could be wrong and no doubt Costa Coffee will correct me if i am, but that seems a bit unfair.

i know ppl going to the LFCC have to pay admission but its only £5 - £10 hardly worth the £50 mark down

Plz explain

• Showmasters Admin

I could afford one of these tickets but don't get enough autographs for it to make sense to get one.

For those that do have the money and do get lots of autographs I can see the appeal in this.

The price question. Think of it logically. It has to be high or everyone could afford it and then what would happen…..

Everyone would want one!!!!!

Then SM would get complaint after complaint that "they" (the complainer) hadn't got one because they'd run out. SM can not win this one. I think it makes sense that they make it a high price so people that it's worth it to, get them. Worth is relative to the person. Someone may pay £50K for a painting. To me that's mad but to them it's the bargain of a life time. It's all relative.

To you maybe it's not worth it, I know it's not worth it to me. But I can see why to someone else it is.

• Showmasters Admin
This is really a question for Showmasters if they are keeping an eye on this topic.

i don't go to LFCC purely becuase i can't get the time of work for that aswell but i was looking on the board and their gold tickets are only £200 and they seem to be getting more for their money.

i could be wrong and no doubt Costa Coffee will correct me if i am, but that seems a bit unfair.

i know ppl going to the LFCC have to pay admission but its only £5 - £10 hardly worth the £50 mark down

Plz explain

One simple answer is. It's 3 days instead of 2.

In theory you're getting the 3rd day half price.

I could afford one of these tickets but don't get enough autographs for it to make sense to get one.

For those that do have the money and do get lots of autographs I can see the appeal in this.

The price question. Think of it logically. It has to be high or everyone could afford it and then what would happen…..

Everyone would want one!!!!!

Then SM would get complaint after complaint that "they" (the complainer) hadn't got one because they'd run out. SM can not win this one. I think it makes sense that they make it a high price so people that it's worth it to, get them. Worth is relative to the person. Someone may pay £50K for a painting. To me that's mad but to them it's the bargain of a life time. It's all relative.

To you maybe it's not worth it, I know it's not worth it to me. But I can see why to someone else it is.

dude, i don't mind the high price of the ticket. it's just that the things you get in return do not justify the ridiculous pricing.

for 250 pounds i could indeed get a plain ticket to the US (you can even do a short holiday). for 300 dollars extra (mind that's only about 150 pounds) you get about 10 to 15 autographs, goody bags, que jumping, a lot more dealers with special items, about a dozen talks/ q&a's, screenings, admission, a special collectors edition item and most of the time a party and a diner. and there are more guests for me personally to meet and see.

now i spend at least 150 pounds at collectormania on autographs. actually it's about 250/ 300, it depends on the guests. i have to pay for my plain ticket/ travel/ food and hotel anyway so if i would consider the gold ticket, i might as well go to the USA for a convention.

which i'm also going to do instead of collectormania 8.

but then again it's personal. if someone wants to pay for it, go ahead. but honestly i dont think it will sell out unless they make it more atractive like including at least 5 free autographs from guests of your choice or from a certain theme like star trek, BSG, lotr etc....

Seems to me to be a case of the supply - demand curve. If Showmasters can sell all the gold tickets at that price why not charge them at that price.

My only concern is that the front few rows at talks won't be filled by the gold ticket holders meaning that there are spaces for people who would have liked to attend had there been the ordinary tickets available. :huh:

My only concern is that the front few rows at talks won't be filled by the gold ticket holders meaning that there are spaces for people who would have liked to attend had there been the ordinary tickets available. 

Too bloody right! I spent HOURS queuing for the LOTR talk at C4 and got a seat in the 3rd row, which was well worth it, but the thought of spending the same time queuing only to end up somewhere where I can't see anything (bearing in mind that there is no stadium seating) because the front row seats have all been taken - No thank you!

If people want to fork out the money on these gold tickets that's up to them, but I know that next time I want to see the Hobbits, who happen to be the actors I am most interested in, I will look at American conventions.