Welcome To the Crewing Area

showmasters

Hey guys, just finished three days of crewing for DSTL, absolutely loved it! First time crewing, if you met me while I was around, the name's Rob in case you've already forgotten.

Is there a chance someone could invite me to the Showmasters Crew Facebook group 'cos Kate was telling me it's a secret group & I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks.

Hi guys, Blue here, thought I would join the site as well as the Facebook! I had a great weekend and I definitely want to do it again! Thanks for giving me this opportunity. I met so many awesome people, and I'm sure there are many more I have yet to properly meet :) I can't wait! x

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This will be my 1st crewing this year, is there anything that I should and shouldn't bring like food or drink, what should I wear (I mean trousers) and footwear.

I am looking forward but a bit nervous too.

Bring... enthusiasm. ;) You don't have to bring food or drink. You'll get a crew handbook that gives you a good overview once you've been selected.

What should you wear... comfortable shoes. I learned that the hard way. There's no special guidelines with trousers. Show up with a decent pair of trousers that are not ripped in the wrong places and you'll be fine. Or if you prefer skirts that's not an issue either.

This will be my 1st crewing this year, is there anything that I should and shouldn't bring like food or drink, what should I wear (I mean trousers) and footwear.

I am looking forward but a bit nervous too.

Bring... enthusiasm. ;) You don't have to bring food or drink. You'll get a crew handbook that gives you a good overview once you've been selected.

What should you wear... comfortable shoes. I learned that the hard way. There's no special guidelines with trousers. Show up with a decent pair of trousers that are not ripped in the wrong places and you'll be fine. Or if you prefer skirts that's not an issue either.

I normally wear jeans, combat trousers or cargo pants. The main thing is that you are comfortable.

• Moderators

Yep, other than the crew shirt you can literally wear whatever you want. Jeans, shorts, a ballgown... As long as your crew shirt is visible (and you're otherwise 'decent') it really doesn't matter! (Although the ballgown would probably be a bit impractical at most events!)

It's always handy to wear a t-shirt under your crew on as there will be the very occasional down times when you won't want to be stopped for questions - like when you are going to the bathroom for example or if you are going to any personal photoshoots (unless you want to wear your crew t-shirt for those).

If you generally feel the cold there is no harm wearing layers, you can always remove them during the day. In fairness, just because it might be cold outside, doesn't mean it'll be cold inside with lots of people around. It's a new venue so al the crew will be on the same level of not knowing what to wear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had an email to crew Milton Keynes but as CFCC will be my first crewing I don't know whether to apply.

: I have no transport to Milton Keynes, would have to have a hotel

:What if I apply and don't like crewing, can anyone help

X

• Showmasters Admin

The deadline for MK application is the Sunday of Cardiff. So my suggestion is, fill the application in, save it as draft and then send it Sunday night of Cardiff depending on whether you like it or not :smile:

TBH if you apply and then have to pull out BEFORE you reply to the confirmation email then it's not the end of the world, it's just us removing you from a spreadheet. If you confirm and THEN pull out, that is annoying as we could have already paid the hotel etc.