Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Welcome To the Crewing Area

Hey guys, just finished three days of crewing for DSTL, absolutely loved it! First time crewing, if you met me while I was around, the name's Rob in case you've already forgotten.

Is there a chance someone could invite me to the Showmasters Crew Facebook group 'cos Kate was telling me it's a secret group & I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks.

Hi guys, Blue here, thought I would join the site as well as the Facebook! I had a great weekend and I definitely want to do it again! Thanks for giving me this opportunity. I met so many awesome people, and I'm sure there are many more I have yet to properly meet :) I can't wait! x

A big thank you for letting me join your team at Cardiff comic com

Had a great time see you all in London

Nik Gaskell

• Like 1

Is anyone wearing their Christmas Jumpers for Sat night

Edited by smcelhenny

Do we know when the Crew Application emails for CM21 are going to be sent out...finally ready to commit to an event...

Do we know when the Crew Application emails for CM21 are going to be sent out...finally ready to commit to an event...

Have you asked to be put on the list already? It will be a while until the application e-mails go out. It's still a few months out.

Yeah I am on the list; I had an email about LFCC '13 and CM20...I wonder if I have been taken off the mailing list as I have not applied...

Yeah I am on the list; I had an email about LFCC '13 and CM20...I wonder if I have been taken off the mailing list as I have not applied...

Unless you ask to be taken off the list the e-mail will be sent, don't worry.

This will be my 1st crewing this year, is there anything that I should and shouldn't bring like food or drink, what should I wear (I mean trousers) and footwear.

I am looking forward but a bit nervous too.

This will be my 1st crewing this year, is there anything that I should and shouldn't bring like food or drink, what should I wear (I mean trousers) and footwear.

Bring... enthusiasm. ;) You don't have to bring food or drink. You'll get a crew handbook that gives you a good overview once you've been selected.

What should you wear... comfortable shoes. I learned that the hard way. There's no special guidelines with trousers. Show up with a decent pair of trousers that are not ripped in the wrong places and you'll be fine. Or if you prefer skirts that's not an issue either.

Bring... enthusiasm. ;) You don't have to bring food or drink. You'll get a crew handbook that gives you a good overview once you've been selected.

What should you wear... comfortable shoes. I learned that the hard way. There's no special guidelines with trousers. Show up with a decent pair of trousers that are not ripped in the wrong places and you'll be fine. Or if you prefer skirts that's not an issue either.

I normally wear jeans, combat trousers or cargo pants. The main thing is that you are comfortable.

It'll be my first time crewing at the Newcastle event am kinda nervous. I tend to hug everyone I meet so will have to learn to be a bit less excitable lol

Hi thanks for all the replies is there any specific colour that the trousers have to be??

Hi thanks for all the replies is there any specific colour that the trousers have to be??

No. It's really not a uniform type thing. You'll be given a crew shirt which identifies you as a volunteer, that's pretty much the "Must wear" and the only must wear.

Yep, other than the crew shirt you can literally wear whatever you want. Jeans, shorts, a ballgown... As long as your crew shirt is visible (and you're otherwise 'decent') it really doesn't matter! (Although the ballgown would probably be a bit impractical at most events!)

Would be defiantly different to see a whole crew of people in ballgowns, then again with the cosplayers around it would probably blend right in. I'm thinking of wearing black jeans and a tshirt for underneath the crew one as its likely to be freezing up here.

It's always handy to wear a t-shirt under your crew on as there will be the very occasional down times when you won't want to be stopped for questions - like when you are going to the bathroom for example or if you are going to any personal photoshoots (unless you want to wear your crew t-shirt for those).

If you generally feel the cold there is no harm wearing layers, you can always remove them during the day. In fairness, just because it might be cold outside, doesn't mean it'll be cold inside with lots of people around. It's a new venue so al the crew will be on the same level of not knowing what to wear.

• Like 1

I have had an email to crew Milton Keynes but as CFCC will be my first crewing I don't know whether to apply.

: I have no transport to Milton Keynes, would have to have a hotel

:What if I apply and don't like crewing, can anyone help

X

The deadline for MK application is the Sunday of Cardiff. So my suggestion is, fill the application in, save it as draft and then send it Sunday night of Cardiff depending on whether you like it or not :smile:

TBH if you apply and then have to pull out BEFORE you reply to the confirmation email then it's not the end of the world, it's just us removing you from a spreadheet. If you confirm and THEN pull out, that is annoying as we could have already paid the hotel etc.

I'm not getting emails to crew other events, Newcastle will be my first time crewing but am hoping to do more. Well if you decide to keep me on that is.

The only one that's come out since the Newcastle ones is MK.

• Like 1

Hi is there a specific entrance that crew staff need to go in, and Stuart I would love to apply for MK but transport is a problem as I don't drive, is there any other way to get there, that preferably wont cost me lots.