Welcome To the Crewing Area

showmasters

I want to join the crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I get involved in crewing and can I apply for the London Film 2005 & C8?

What do I have to do and what info I have to submit and where?

It says it all in this thread if you read the posts :D

But to help you:-

They haven't sent out the crew emails yet so if you apply to crew@showmastersonline.com you should be okay.

All you have to do is email them at the above email address and say you're interested - the rest will be explained once they contact you.

Edited by Jola

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Then you need to email them rather then post on here where they are unlikely to see it :rolleyes:

859726[/snapback]

Erm arent you likely to have spotted this davey ???

A - Sorry got bored decided to try and revive this section!

• 4 months later...
hi guys, hope to be crewing for this event, how are jobs assigned? are we just picked at random and given a job?

942116[/snapback]

Hi

The crew bosses sit down and organise the roster for the weekend, with subsequent modifications made on later days. Do not expect to be doing a particular job as you are expected to be flexible in what you can do. The roster is kept secret until the crew briefing each day at whcih time the jobs for the day are read out.

Paul

I wouldn't mind what kind of job I get if I get picked to crew. It's all about the experience for me. I think it'll be good for the kind of work I want to get into. I fancy doing Public Relations or events Management for a career so it'll be good to get an inside look at a big event like Collectormania.

Annie.

• 3 months later...

oooh a crew area!!! this is cool!!

*waves at all fellow cew*

*looks forward to the next crew party*

teehee!

=x=

*waves back*

*also looking forward to next crew party*

LOL!

See you very very soon.

Pauline XX

• 7 months later...

Riiiiiiight, either we have a spambot or Crew parties are taking a different turn this year :uhoh:

*I didn't click it, I'm just assuming, lol*

I suppose it's a step or 2 on from being spanked with swords

*and no I didn't click either*

• 6 months later...

I have a Q for you!

If you help with the set up on the Fri for Comic Con do you get put up in a hotel?

I think ive bombared you with emails about this already but i haven't heard back yet.

HELP!

Hannah xx

lila_black_uk@yahoo.co.uk

I have a Q for you!

If you help with the set up on the Fri for Comic Con do you get put up in a hotel?

I think ive bombared you with emails about this already but i haven't heard back yet.

HELP!

Hannah xx

lila_black_uk@yahoo.co.uk

Well you didn't email me to ask :firedevil:

I've emailed you back with a reply.

I am... surprisingly flexible so long as I'm physically capable of doing something. :YAHOO:

In other words... can't lift and/or carry heavy things or do a lot of bending, and can't stay standing up and still in one place all day without taking some sit-down-and-take-my-pain-medication breaks. :YAHOO:

I'm willing and ready though. *grins* I really hope I get to help out at LFCC, because every other time I've been told I wasn't needed, but the event's so much bigger this time that just maybe...

• 8 months later...

Hey

I know it's quite a while off but is there any information about crewing for Chevron 7? Because I'd do pretty much any job there :D

I think but dont trust me on this, its the same procedures as Eclipse and Lockdown most likely. I think there was a thread that explained how crewing worked, not sure if it applies to Chevron 7

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....rewing&st=0

Its explained a bit further down at post 12 but im not sure myself, you should email and ask or something :)

• Moderators

That list is for the traditional signing events really, not the 'conventions' like The Hub, Chevron 7 etc.

The system for crewing the conventions is a little different (as explained in that topic that was linked) so it's not the same application process :thumbup: