Has anyone ever had an "A" list DIRECTOR'S sig?

nicky

Bryan Singer

Sam Raimi

Peter Jackson

George Lucas

George A Romero

Oliver Stone

Tim Burton

Joel Schumacher

Ron Howard

Kevin Smith

Ang Lee

Loads more that I can't think of right now. For some reason the directors are always the nicest peeps at prems.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only director's sigs I have are.....

GEORGE ROMERO (on far too many things to mention)

GUILLERMO DEL TORO (My brother met him & had him sign 2 Hellboy graphic novels for me)

ELI ROTH (Top guy, have 2 Hostel posters & a Cabin Fever DVD signed)

TERRY GILLIAM (Again, my brother got him for me. 12 Monkeys VHS and press book, "Dark Knights and Holy Fools" book.)

I have yet to encounter a few of my faves though, Carpenter, Cameron, Tim Burton, Peter Jackson, etc.

I am no longer Lee...well, not for tonight anyway!

I am BECKY!! (Shirefruit)

I have met Tim Burton (with autograph), George Romero (with autograph) and Ridley Scott...and just told him I love him (as described by Tara already).

It was at the 'Master and Commander' premiere party!

I was sober! BUT we had to tell him that we love him. That's it really :poki:

Now, I am Lee again...

I have SEEN Martin Scorsese and Ang Lee and that's good enough for me LOL!

Now, I am Lee again...

Martin Scorsese is one I would love to meet.

I tried a few years ago to get tickets for his talk at the NFT, but even though I am a member didn't get a look in. Think they must have gone to staff, patrons etc

Hopefully he will show at a Prem soon, maybe for the Departed (not sure of release date), now that is one great cast, Leonardo Di Caprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen , Mark Wahlberg, Ray Winstone, Alec Baldwin, could be a good opportunity to get some great sigs there.

the Departed (not sure of release date), could be a good opportunity to get some great sigs there.
US release Oct 6th...UK release Nov 10th...I'm interested in what you, GG (cos you go to many prems?), get them to sign...do you bring poster/pictures with you or do you just go for the old auto book? And how did you know what the writers at Superman look like or did they sign and then you found out who they were later?

Now, I am Lee again...

Martin Scorsese is one I would love to meet.

I tried a few years ago to get tickets for his talk at the NFT, but even though I am a member didn't get a look in. Think they must have gone to staff, patrons etc

Hopefully he will show at a Prem soon, maybe for the Departed (not sure of release date), now that is one great cast, Leonardo Di Caprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen , Mark Wahlberg, Ray Winstone, Alec Baldwin, could be a good opportunity to get some great sigs there.

I'll definitely be there...been waiting for this one for AGES! I've only seen Leo, but not met him yet (*cries*) and the rest of the cast would be AMAZING to meet too :lol:

the Departed (not sure of release date), could be a good opportunity to get some great sigs there.
US release Oct 6th...UK release Nov 10th...I'm interested in what you, GG (cos you go to many prems?), get them to sign...do you bring poster/pictures with you or do you just go for the old auto book? And how did you know what the writers at Superman look like or did they sign and then you found out who they were later?

I tend to steer clear of posters as it is quite difficult to get them out, unravel them etc, in the space you have, so normally bring 10x8's either from the film itself, if I can get them , or just a 10 x 8 publicity shot. It's always worth bringing the old auto book as well, as you never quite know who might turn up and sign. Other than that, DVD covers is always worth trying, have got quite a few of those signed over the years as well at Prems. You have to bear in mind that some of the stars now turn up with a black sharpie, so you need to steer clear of any dark images if at all possible.

For Superman recently, I got the following signed a 10x8 picture of Bryan Singer on the Superman set, a 10 x 8 picture of Frank Langella as Perry White from Superman, a 10 x 8 of Kate Bosworth on the Red Carpet of the American Superman Premiere, a 10 x 8 of Kevin Spacey accepting his Oscar for American Beauty, and then finally a 10 x 8 of one of the posters of the film which Dan and Michael, the writers signed. If I am not sure of what someone looks like, I try and look at the red carpet pictures from the American prems of the films before I go, so I know who to look out for. In the case of Dan and Michael, they were spotted by one of my friends, so I can't claim to have recognised them. You can also get the Premiere boards signed as well, for example I got Colin Farrell to sign the board in front of me at the recent Miami Vice premiere.

Bryan Singer

Sam Raimi

Peter Jackson

George Lucas

George A Romero

Oliver Stone

Tim Burton

Joel Schumacher

Ron Howard

Kevin Smith

Ang Lee

Loads more that I can't think of right now. For some reason the directors are always the nicest peeps at prems.

All of the above!! (except Ron Howard :angry: ) I was probably with you when you got them!! :D

• 3 years later...

I have a few A List Directors I got in person, all from Prems's

Tim Burton (At Corpse Bride Premiere)

Peter Jackson (King Kong Premiere)

Bryan Singer (Superman Returns Premiere)

Niki Caro (North Country Preview)

And also Joss Whedon (Serenity Premiere), but not sure Nicky will allow me that one !

Plus a friend got me:

Rob Marshall (Memoirs of a Geisha Premiere)

Other Directors I have got in person:

George Romero

Guy Hamilton

That's it I think !

I've picked up a fair few more since this post, although still not quite sure what makes an A List Director !

To add to those above , I have also picked up at Premieres / Events over the last few years:

Oliver Stone (JFK, Wall Street, Platoon, Alexander etc)

Frank Coraci (The Wedding Singer, The Waterboy, Click etc)

Terry Gilliam (Time Bandits, Brazil, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas etc)

Richard Linklater (School of Rock, Dazed and Confused, A Scanner Darkly etc)

Chris Carter (X Files)

JJ Abrams (Star Trek etc)

I've also got quite a few of the Hammer Horror Directors in person in recent years, like Jimmy Sangster, Brian Clemens and John Hough.

I've got;

George Lucas

Irvin Kershner

Sylvester Stallone

Oliver Stone

Bryan Singer

George A. Romero

Joel Schumacher

James Cameron

Sam Raimi

Chris Nolan

Jon Favreau

Michael Bay

Ang Lee

JJ Abrams

Quentin Tarantino

Does Clive Barker count? I know his only main film was Hellraiser.

Others:

George Clooney

Joss Whedon

Paul WS Anderson

Neil Marshall

Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Ho Tep)

Tim Story (Fantastic 4)

David Nutter (Smallville)

Curtis Hanson (LA Confidential/8mile)

There's probably more - these are just from memory.

(and some producers are just as well known as Directors)

A few of them are but unlike directors they aren't directly involved in the creative process of actually making the film.

Still important when getting a film poster signed though!!

but yeah I agree and now I'm struggling to think of any producers who are as famous as directors! :YAHOO:

• 3 weeks later...
(and some producers are just as well known as Directors)

A few of them are but unlike directors they aren't directly involved in the creative process of actually making the film.

Still important when getting a film poster signed though!!

but yeah I agree and now I'm struggling to think of any producers who are as famous as directors! :thumbup:

john landis was at the frightfest festival in london this weekend.Nice guy. I like getting the directors as much as the performers. Ridley Scott was a favourite, finally got him this year after attending 5 different premieres of his. Directors allways seem a little shocked that you would want them. David Fincher was good to get too at the BFI but premieres seem the best place to get them.

• 6 months later...

Here's a more updated list for me of the Director's I have an auto from:

J.J Abrams

Woody Allen

Richard Attenborough

Luc Besson

Tim Burton

Niki Caro

Chris Carter

Brian Clemens

William Friedkin

Terry Gilliam