Can't go

matrix8

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so bummed i can't go to this just because of some stupid dates!

Me too, I spend the summer in another country so leave a couple of weeks earlier maybe even a week before depending on when my last exam is.

I think a few will be in this boat as people tend to go on holiday then or have exams and so on

Oh well at least there is C7 I guess

Surely Earls Court isn't completely booked every single weekend in the summer and it happens that this is the ONLY date available!

OMG !! :unsure:

I dont believe you. You bitch and moan the last month about London and not hearing any news on the event and then you STILL slag SM off about the new location and date. are you never happy ???

For once i agree with AB, the timing of the event is likely to attract the larger stars.

I am worried thought that there's not the demand or interest in the UK for the type of huge event that SM's seem to want to put on.

Most of us who post on here will go, but that's not anywhere near enough people to make the event viable.

Earls Court is a monumentally huge venue, and needs thousands of people to turn up. I honestly don't think there are thousands of people who will go.

Unless every guest they get is Hollywood A-list, the event won't attract the punters.

I'm really afraid SM's have bitten off more than they can chew with this, especially as they, and all kudos to them for admitting it, that LFCC2 lost a large amount of money.

I fully expected them to announce a smaller event at a smaller venue, not a huge movie festival.

Surely Earls Court isn't completely booked every single weekend in the summer and it happens that this is the ONLY date available!

Never has your avatar been more appropriate ! I reckon SMs have gone for the groundbreaking, daring option, and I genuinely wish them well with it. I hope it pays off and puts two fingers up to the Coonster ! If you read the forum of the "rival organiser", and specifically their own posts, they seem to have a lot of anger issues !!

SMs events have always had the best guests and been the best run. I was wrong to doubt their plans for L3, I admit it. L2005 is taking things to a new level and I am really excited by the possibilities, for the first time in a long time !

I am worried thought that there's not the demand or interest in the UK for the type of huge event that SM's seem to want to put on.

Most of us who post on here will go, but that's not anywhere near enough people to make the event viable.

Earls Court is a monumentally huge venue, and needs thousands of people to turn up. I honestly don't think there are thousands of people who will go.

Unless every guest they get is Hollywood A-list, the event won't attract the punters.

I'm really afraid SM's have bitten off more than they can chew with this, especially as they, and all kudos to them for admitting it, that LFCC2 lost a large amount of money.

I fully expected them to announce a smaller event at a smaller venue, not a huge movie festival.

Come on Bear, that's the apathy we were talking about again !! There will now be one MASSIVE London show per year rather than two big ones. I can only guess that we're talking twice the guests too ? If you get a percentage of the attendance showing up for each guest (of L2 standard and higher) I'd say the crowds are going to appear - build it and they will come !! :firedevil:

I can see it getting more mainstream though ......

SMs events have always had the best guests and been the best run. I was wrong to doubt their plans for L3, I admit it. L2005 is taking things to a new level and I am really excited by the possibilities, for the first time in a long time !

Best run, yes. . but best guests?. . .I honestly think that's up for debate.

I don't like the other lot's events any more than most of us here. They are badly run by people with no idea. But many of the guests they've had over the past few years have been of a generally higher quality than SM's events.

You may not like that fact, but I think it's true. However, in true democratic style, I'm more than happy for this one to be debated.

• Moderators

In the end, what does anyone measure "best" by? It's gotta be about what you personally like and what you are interested in ... like, a Dr Who fan could think that C7 is the best line up, while I don't really like Dr Who so I could prefer another event. It's very hard to compare line ups and everyone looks at them from a different perspective. Some people may think a show was the "best" because the guests were really friendly etc ... all depends really :P

@AB

I'll conceed Anthony Daniels, Ernie Hudson, Michael Madsen, David Carradine, Lance & Colin (weren't they second in pop idol ?), and the final UK appearance of James Doohan, but !

SMs trumps them in no special order, with Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Burt Reynolds, Michael Biehn, BDW, Carrie Fisher and all but one of the TNG cast (*waits while reader thinks*)

At the risk of agreeing with DavidB, it DOES depend on your own interests, and I am only using these as examples in terms of rarity and size of celebrity, but SMs swing it every time for me .....

Me too, I spend the summer in another country so leave a couple of weeks earlier maybe even a week before depending on when my last exam is.

I think a few will be in this boat as people tend to go on holiday then or have exams and so on

Oh well at least there is C7 I guess

Shame wish you could

Well technically I could stay BUT choice of convention or seeing my fiance and getting the wedding sorted because the wedding is next summer so really need to be getting on with that.

No matter, probably wouldn't have the money come the summer as I am having money problems at the moment :D

Edited by Moony