What do you get signed ? as opposed to :

dufresne

Just that ! WHAT do you get signed ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Just that ! WHAT do you get signed ?

• Photo (supplied by SMs at the show)
    • Photo (my own, SMs offer a poor selection)
    • Photo (my own, SMs may not have the one I want)
    • Photo (my own, nothing wrong with SMs though)
    • Poster or print (multi signed)
    • Poster or print (one-off)
    • Three dimensional item
    • Other (?)

I have recently started posters, which can be added to each time I meet a person from that film/series.

Sometimes I do get the 10x8s which SM supply, although on some occations I do not like any of the prints SM supply.

I do prefer to get my own item signed.

If it's a movie or star I really like I'll get the poster signed. If I'm just a casual fan and have no poster I'll get the dvd signed.

These days I try to get the smaller 11X17 mini-posters cos I have so many now it will be so expensive to frame them all at at he full size. I then stash them until future shows where more stars show up from that film.

If it's a movie or star I really like I'll get the poster signed.

I wish SM would supply 8X10s of the posters on the desks too.

This would be handy if we didn't like any of the actual photos on offer plus it means that we can get other cast members to sign it later on.

Is this a copyright thing though; reproducing the film's poster?

I get whatever signed! Convenience using SM's stuff but sometimes it's nice to get something different signed. Especially when it can strike up friendly conversation with the guests!

If I'm seeing a guest from a TV show like The Sopranos then I get the box set signed. Plus with Joe Pantoliano it made for a pleasant conversation. plus I think he was thankful for something NOT Matrix related. Had a good natter about series four.... *ends ramble*

I dont really like the multiple signing... it's awesome seeing it! But I dont trust myself keeping it in condition. When I get things signed I get them framed pretty much as soon as I get home! But maybe I should get a photo of me and the guest signed at some point. Ah well! Got a while to think about it!

Mostly gone for getting the dvds signed or the SM provided pictures signed if I don't already have something I own to get signed.

A friend had bought the gold SW box set for CM6 and everyone he got to sign it asked where they should sign it and did it in black or gold apart from one ... I assume she signed it in silver because her black or gold pens had run out through overuse. Looks really good otherwise.

I wouldn't recommend bodyparts as however with them often being given free (and not asked for in one case) it can take a week to wash them off depending on what pen they use. Only for the brave and those who are willing to cover up or face ridicule from colleagues at work till they wash off.

:unsure:

No I would say that SM have a good selection of pictures albiet restricted. Just be thankful they let you sign personal items. Most conventions wont.

And good priced autos as well... most of the time... we'll gloss over the odd one or two that hit the £25 mark :D Well worth it though!

Edited by Smaug

most of the times a photo supplied by SM since they charge enough for it but lately the quality and the selection of the photos is beginning to decline. they look like cheap dvd captures so i'm starting to buy my own photographs more and more often at SM events. i do not have the same problems at other events.

For certain auto's I get a poster done (depending on the guest and the film) I have just started my Aliens Vs Predator. What I tend to do is turn up pretty early and have a scout around and see whats about at LFCC doing the early bird I had a quick peek at the photos that was supplied by SM if I didn't like them I just visted the traders to see what they had. With SM some are ok and some aren't but usally I have no prb depends on the pic and if I had seen a pic on a stall whilst walking around.