District Line Not Working?

zhane

I just checked the TFL website for the Saturday of EMS and according to the planner, the District Line (the only line from where I live) will not be working. I'm really hoping it's wrong or that it will change but it's unlikely. Guess its business as usual now that the Olympics are over!

To double check, the station for EMS is Kensington Olympia?

I can't see what you're seeing, the page I'm looking at http://www.tfl.gov.u...ar/default.aspx doesn't show any work for the District Line that weekend at all and I've done it by a search on the dates and it says "good service" for the District Line on those dates. Are you sure you're looking at the right weekend? It's 6th-7th October.

And yes it's Kensington Olympia station.

Edited by jael001

It says

"Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 October, no service between Earls Court and Edgware Road and between Aldgate East and Upminster. Rail replacement buses operate."

No service between Aldgate East and Upminster is very much a problem for me

Ok when I posted there was definitely nothing on there but now there is, it's showing:

Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 October, no service between Earls Court and Edgware Road and between Aldgate East and Upminster. Rail replacement buses operate.

Service A: Tower Hill - Aldgate / Aldgate East - Whitechapel - Stepney Green - Mile End - Bow Road - Bromley-by-Bow - Canning Town.

Service B: Mile End - Bow Road - Upton Park - East Ham - Barking.

Service C: Barking - Upney - Becontree - Dagenham Heathway - Dagenham East.

Service D: Dagenham East - Elm Park - Hornchurch - Upminster Bridge - Upminster.

Obviously replacement buses will be slower, but at least there are options.

It says

"Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 October, no service between Earls Court and Edgware Road and between Aldgate East and Upminster. Rail replacement buses operate."

No service between Aldgate East and Upminster is very much a problem for me

Well that's a totally different part of the line. Are you further out than Barking?

As i have stated before am driving for over an hour to my nearest bus stop getting the bus to london 1 1 /2 hrs, being dropped off at victoria station going down to the underground getting the tube from victoria to earls court and then earls court to kensington. All this while dressed as wonder woman. MY wife and her friend will get me ready beforehand and this is how I will travel ( raising money for Muscular Dystrophy) I will raise 200 doing this. And I am pretty confident I won't get lost

EXCEPT ----- now I read on the forum that the district line is shut down for repairs.?? How is the best way to get to kensington, considering how I will be dressed. If I dress normal I lose the 200 for charity, and As I don't know london at all i have no Idea how to get around.

PLEASE could some one advise me on - if the district line is running or not

and how best to get around, if the district line is closed do they supply a bus service and how does that work???

PLEASE could some one advise me on - if the district line is running or not

and how best to get around, if the district line is closed do they supply a bus service and how does that work???

Go to the TFL Journey Planner page, fill in your start point as Victoria (or wherever) and destination as Olympia, and date and time of travel, and down towards the bottom right untick the modes you don't want to consider (I'd suggest maybe unticking everything except Tube). That will give you a route taking into account any engineering works etc.

Yes there will be a replacement bus service. The quote I posted above has the information:

Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 October, no service between Earls Court and Edgware Road and between Aldgate East and Upminster. Rail replacement buses operate.

Service A: Tower Hill - Aldgate / Aldgate East - Whitechapel - Stepney Green - Mile End - Bow Road - Bromley-by-Bow - Canning Town.

Service B: Mile End - Bow Road - Upton Park - East Ham - Barking.

Service C: Barking - Upney - Becontree - Dagenham Heathway - Dagenham East.

Service D: Dagenham East - Elm Park - Hornchurch - Upminster Bridge - Upminster.

Just worked out the Journey from Elm Park to the show - it'll take me best part of 3 hours :no: Glad I didn't book tickets. Makes you wonder what TFL are doing to the District Line. They've been working on it since 1998. Work isn't due to finish until 2016.

Just worked out the Journey from Elm Park to the show - it'll take me best part of 3 hours :no: Glad I didn't book tickets. Makes you wonder what TFL are doing to the District Line. They've been working on it since 1998. Work isn't due to finish until 2016.

It really shouldn't. 252 bus to Romford will get you to London, as will the 248 from Hornchurch to Upminster. Take the fast train to London. Nowhere near a 3 hour journey.

morning

My son and I both checked out the TFL site so I can get a tube from victoria to earls court then olympia. we put in the info and it said we can get a tube from those 2 sites. it also said the following------

DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 October, no service between Earls Court and Edgware Road and between Aldgate East and Upminster.

I looked on a map both victoria and earls court fall in the space not mentioned , and the journey planner states you can do the journey

so

my question is --- will there be tube trains running from earls court to aldgate?

could some one else confirm or correct me about this, please put in the journey planner victoria to earls court on oct 6th around 8 am travel only by tube

do you get the same results

I don't know london and i am traveling in costume so I don't want to get lost

Edited by superwondergirl

The district line is a total nightmare. It's down most weekends, so frustraiting

most of the tube is a nightmare, esp district, unless of course they have just held the capital to ransom and got a nice back hander, ala the olympics.

the district section that works to olympia is meant to run most show weekends (oh yer they closed that a while ago, very nice of them, unless a show was on) but this never seems to apply to shows like EMS, which is rather annoying.

hopefully the overground will work (both days this time) otherwise its a bus or walking from earls court