New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

On 27.2.2018 at 11:28 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

Here's the link to the official FAQ from last year: 

Some things like entry etc. may be revamped or tweaked. But it does answer the general questions about VQ tickets and batches and that. 

For such general questions like the order of tickets being called you can still refer to this thread. This is what won't be changed.

8 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Are diamond pass holders called before vq tickets in the photo and autograph queues?

For that Diamond guest, yes.  But it's a good idea to have a read of the FAQ Queen has posted as it does contain a lot of useful info.

Edited by Raylenth

@Raylenth Alright I’ll have a look thanks.

Also I found this link to the LFCC 2015 faq page: https://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?/topic/89252-clarification-of-diamond-and-gold-passes

And it said this: Michael J Fox Will be called in pass number order. This will mean that Batch 1 will be called on Friday and then again on Saturday. Batch 2 will be called on Saturday and then again on Sunday. If you cant make the day assigned to you, please talk to the crew and they will look at moving your day.

Does this apply to LFCC this year?

47 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Alright I’ll have a look thanks.

Also I found this link to the LFCC 2015 faq page: https://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?/topic/89252-clarification-of-diamond-and-gold-passes

And it said this: Michael J Fox Will be called in pass number order. This will mean that Batch 1 will be called on Friday and then again on Saturday. Batch 2 will be called on Saturday and then again on Sunday. If you cant make the day assigned to you, please talk to the crew and they will look at moving your day.

Does this apply to LFCC this year?

No.  That was specific to MJF's appearance only.

6 minutes ago, **Kelsey** said:

Hi Raylenth. I have got 2 photo ops with different celebs they are both batch 1 just wondering will they clash &  how does the Batch thing work please? :blush:

We'll not know if they clash, or "overlap",  until the schedule is released, Kelsey. If they do, have a look at the schedule and if they do, see if you can make out an order to do them in. If you can't, don't hesitate to ask on here for advice on what order to do them in. :smile:

Also, batches are called in order (so it's Diamond Passes, Gold Passes, then Batches 1, 2, 3, etc.) and you can go anytime after your batch is called. :smile:

• Like 1

As Mr Leming said.  Even if they are on at the same time it's rarely an issue as you just go to one then the other as soon as you get out of the first.

But as Leming also said ask in the Schedule thread once it's been announced if you aren't sure but you shouldn't have a problem - the bigger the name the longer the photo session will be and unless they change the floor plan from last year, the booths should be all in the same area.

Edited by Raylenth

@wjbleming & @Raylenth Thank you both for explaining it to me. do you know when the schedule will be up? + I haven`t gone for bigger guests yet, only Paul Kaye & Jewel Staite so it shouldn`t be problem with them.  oh, another question  I got 3 day ticket & traveling up on Friday once I book myself into the hotel can I pick my ticket up & go into venue. Sorry for silly question. :blush:

17 minutes ago, **Kelsey** said:

@wjbleming & @Raylenth Thank you both for explaining it to me. do you know when the schedule will be up? + I haven`t gone for bigger guests yet, only Paul Kaye & Jewel Staite so it shouldn`t be problem with them.  oh, another question  I got 3 day ticket & traveling up on Friday once I book myself into the hotel can I pick my ticket up & go into venue. Sorry for silly question. :blush:

It's put up about a week or so before the con to minimise cancellations and reshuffling the photoshoots.

Your ticket should have been emailed to you. If it's not in your inbox, have a check in your spam/junk mail just in case. Bring this along with you and you'll get a wristband when you get there for the weekend. Then you'll just have to wave it when coming in on Saturday and Sunday. :smile:

14 minutes ago, **Kelsey** said:

The schedule will be about a week to 10 days before the event but make sure you check it right before the event as any late additions or cancellations may mean the schedule needs to be changed.

You can enter the venue any time it's open on a day you have entry for.  If you mean the weekend ticket, then when you enter the venue for the first time your eticket will be scanned and you will be given a wristband to wear for the rest of the weekend that you just show the staff when you go in on the other days.  There are no tickets to be collected at the event other than the Diamond passes and Gold pass wristbands.  Everything else is an eticket that you need to print out and take with you or be able to show on your phone so they can scan the bar/qr code.

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Are diamond passes called in batches as well over the 3 days?

Yes.  Diamond and VQ run on the same system.  They will start with D Passes, say 1-30, then 1-60, 1-90 ect onwards and then go to VQ's in the same manner.  If the guest is there 2/3 days then they may progress to just calling 'all diamond passes' as a good few may have already been through.  Remember you can join the queue any time after yours has been called so you can still join it with a D pass when they are calling VQ's.

Each guest on a D pass or VQ will have a small white board up in their queue where the crew write on where they have called to so you can just check back every now and again to see where they are up to.

11 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Ok thanks the batches confused me a bit because I’ve bought my diamond pass for the Sunday as that’s the only day I’m attending so what happens if my pass number is called out in a batch on the Friday and Saturday when I’m not attending?

Batches are just a way to prevent people queuing for ages and to stop the line from becoming massive, they break it down to more manageable numbers so they don't have tons of people waiting and you don't have to be in 1 queue for hours.  You can join the queue any time after your number is called, if the guest is there multiple days that includes that as well.  As above, they will just start each day off with calling the Diamonds in groups or later on in the day and by Sunday morning they may progress to 'all diamonds' so just go in the morning and see where they are up and join the queue if you can.

An example - Peter is there Saturday and Sunday so they start Saturday off with D's 1-30.  It doesn't mean if you have D pass 1 you HAVE to go then, you can go through last thing on Sunday if you want, it just means that if you have pass number 100, you can't join then, you have to wait.  So don't worry, when you get in on Sunday just wander up, grab any VQ's you may want for other guests and then go and find Peter's desk and see where they have called to.  Chances are you may be able to join the queue straight away, or you can judge when to come back.

Just to clarify, this cross day joining is only for the Diamond passes auto's, if you have a VQ for Saturday and don't get to see the guest you cannot use it on Sunday, you have to get a new Sunday VQ ticket.  Diamond pass photo's you have to have on the day you selected as well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 2

I have Diamond for Amber Rose Revah, I get the batch for photo op but the autograph.. so if my D-number is called on Saturday morning I can go anytime after that either on Sat or on Sun for an autograph? Diamond got a seperate queue line? How does it work?

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I have Diamond for Amber Rose Revah, I get the batch for photo op but the autograph.. so if my D-number is called on Saturday morning I can go anytime after that either on Sat or on Sun for an autograph? Diamond got a seperate queue line? How does it work?

Yes, the D passes for auto's covers the whole event that the guest is there (unless otherwise specified on rare occasions - MJF's were day specific as they had to keep tight control on how many he saw a day because of his illness).  Amber is there 3 days so if you have No 1 for example you can can join the queue at any point on any day.  They call 1 to.30, 1-60 and onwards not 1-20, 21-40, 41...ect  over the guests whole appearance so you won't be told 'sorry you should have been in the queue 2 hours ago'.  Amber isn't going to be massively busy so I imagine they will get to 'all diamonds' fairly quickly.  I hope that made sense?

They don't have a separate queue for Diamonds.  When you go up to join the queue you just show your diamond to the crew and they will tell you where to stand in main queue - they may try and slot you in or just ask you to join the back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yes, the D passes for auto's covers the whole event that the guest is there (unless otherwise specified on rare occasions - MJF's were day specific as they had to keep tight control on how many he saw a day because of his illness).  Amber is there 3 days so if you have No 1 for example you can can join the queue at any point on any day.  They call 1 to.30, 1-60 and onwards not 1-20, 21-40, 41...ect  over the guests whole appearance so you won't be told 'sorry you should have been in the queue 2 hours ago'.  Amber isn't going to be massively busy so I imagine they will get to 'all diamonds' fairly quickly.  I hope that made sense?

They don't have a separate queue for Diamonds.  When you go up to join the queue you just show your diamond to the crew and they will tell you where to stand in main queue - they may try and slot you in or just ask you to join the back.

Thank you! That answered it all! Btw, this is my first Diamond. Do I pick up the pass at the ticket booth outside Olympia, remember I passed something like this last year. 

6 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Thank you! That answered it all! Btw, this is my first Diamond. Do I pick up the pass at the ticket booth outside Olympia, remember I passed something like this last year. 

Last year they had a table set up in the main entry hall https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4962452,-0.2116322,147m/data=!3m1!1e3 on Blythe Road for collection on Fri/Sat/Sun or they were possible to pick up on Thursday evening from a booth on Olympia Way.

I'm assuming collection will be the same this year as well but it's not guaranteed so we have to wait for the info to be confirmed when the FAQ for this year is published.

Bring either photo ID or the card you purchased it with as you may need to show it to pick your pass up.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 2