Pass Collection

CarolS

We've been through this before Carol. I can only tell you the same I told you back then: I wasn't there. Jason told me it has been sorted. It was only brought up here on Saturday in the first place, it got fixed as soon as I was made aware.

If it's only been brought up here I am making sure the news will travel as soon as possible. But getting something like this fixed FAST is best accomplished if you grab someone at the venue. This did not happen last year with enty.

A couple of years  ago someone complained on here the sweets in the Gold Pass Room had ran out and then threw a fit because the mods - who were all visiting the show as attendees - didn't run to get this settled fast enough. If anything like this happens please go to the Organisers Booth, they can pass this info on directly.

25 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

We've been through this before Carol. I can only tell you the same I told you back then: I wasn't there. Jason told me it has been sorted. It was only brought up here on Saturday in the first place, it got fixed as soon as I was made aware.

If it's only been brought up here I am making sure the news will travel as soon as possible. But getting something like this fixed FAST is best accomplished if you grab someone at the venue. This did not happen last year with enty.

A couple of years  ago someone complained on here the sweets in the Gold Pass Room had ran out and then threw a fit because the mods - who were all visiting the show as attendees - didn't run to get this settled fast enough. If anything like this happens please go to the Organisers Booth, they can pass this info on directly.

Glad it has been highlighted and looks to be sorted for this time, but leaving a queue to go find someone at that time is pretty difficult and I assure you there was no one to ask at the gold pass side the first day, it was as if it was forgot we were queuing round there and spending valuable time going to organisers booth is not a top priority for people who are trying to grab VQ tickets, get to photo ops etc and in all honesty, they shouldn't have had to go to a booth or find someone, someone should have been there and ready at the gold section for the time stated we would get in. 

Again, glad its been highlighted for this coming time and has been addressed.

I can't comment on the sweets lol    The gold section was good enough for what I wanted, which was a seat and some water and there were sweets there each time I went.

I wasn't even speaking of leaving the queue: just when you got a moment go inside and say "hey, this happened this morning, can you sure it doesn't happen again the next day?" For that morning it would have been water under the bridge anyway. No harm done in speaking to someone at a quiet point in the afternoon.

Understood... but I like everyone have a busy weekend.... i dont have time to go hunting down someone or go to kiosk... i want to concentrate on getting all photos i have paid for and autos i want.   No disrespect intended but we shouldn't have to chase things or remind someone that we are queueing and should be let in.    please dont think i dont appreciate the work that goes in... I do but also remember we all pay a lot of money.

And the crew is human. Things can be forgotten. I think SM towers are still working on those cyborgs. ;) Mistakes like the one you experienced shouldn't happen. But sometimes they just do, and the sooner someone points them out the sooner they can be fixed. If you don't want to report the issue at the venue that of course that is totally fine. As I said, we are still doing our best to solve it as soon as we know about it.

We are grateful for everyone bringing something to our attention, no matter when. But posting here really isn't the fast route to get something fixed. We've had people posting about problems from the queues even and I sat here manically texting. But before opening a show there's tons of stuff to do, and the crew really isn't going to constantly check their mobiles "did QS report anything?"

This isn't even directed at you, if you feel I am having a go at you this is not my intenton. It's a general advice for everyone for anything that may pop up on the day. We so often have people coming on here after the show saying something happened that made them unhappy - 99 percent of the times it could have been easily fixed by talking to the Organisers Booth.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
Just now, CarolS said:

Hey All..... Any word on this yet?  We are so close to the event now that surely it must have been discussed/decided.

We have had no update on this as yet, there is still several weeks to go please don't panic an update will be posted in due course.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I would not expect an update until 2 weeks out at the very earliest. Maybe even the week of the show only.

really, that close? oh well.  guess I wont book thursday for hotel just in case and just book my flights now as dont want to miss getting a flight.  was hoping to kniw by now for hotel and flight purposes which I cant leave last min.

In 2015, SM staff was giving gold pass in the "goldpass" line, on friday, before the doors open.

i hope it will be the same this year :-)

I hope we don't have to queue a long time to pick up the diamond pass. Especially if you have a photoshoot booked with the diamond pass on friday

Edited by john.bttf
Miss a word

I don't like the idea of forking out for a gold pass and NOT getting in the door ahead of GA. Especially if we still need VQs for Diamond guests. I've heard a lot of talk about this being poor in previous years, and I would hate my first gold pass to be a waste of money.

6 hours ago, CatherineRice said:

I don't like the idea of forking out for a gold pass and NOT getting in the door ahead of GA. Especially if we still need VQs for Diamond guests. I've heard a lot of talk about this being poor in previous years, and I would hate my first gold pass to be a waste of money.

It has happened on Occasion because the security got confused, yes. But by no means this is a regular Thing, and it's not like we are talking half an hour delay. The 5 Minute headstart is not the only benefit of the Gold Pass either.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The 5 Minute headstart is not the only benefit of the Gold Pass either.

No indeed, but with the increase number of diamond guests, it became the MAIN benefit (on friday)

Goldpass = less queue==>  Please SM remember that

We spend a lot of money for that benefit.

Same thing for Diamond pass, if we have to queue a long time to collect it ==> :-(

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spengler said:

This being my first year of buying a diamond pass I'm wondering, in the past have they normally given out in a bag or something. E.g. with Tom Wilson you get print, mug etc. Not asking about this year, just wondering.

No bags have been given out in previous years. You were just given the items, so most likely not this year either.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dont understand why this hasnt been decided at this stage in the game. this isnt the first LFCC so surely things like this would be well known/been talked about many times before now.  Not being rude, but I just dont believe this hasnt been spoke about before now or even in fact decided already... finding it hard to believe its only decided a week before the show itself.

Sometimes it's dependent on staff Carol.  It may be that they need to ensure they have enough spare staff there on the Thursday to do it.  Not everyone who volunteers and confirms does actually turn up.

That's just a possible reason though.