What's the reason ... ?

If someone didn't look up and at least acknowledge me I'd lean down, force my head under theirs so we have eye contact and say "this autograph cost me £xx, manners cost nothing".

(Actually I'd just walk off all sad like.)

Wouldn't try that method with Sly or Arnold , chances are his musclemen would push you away by force.

Im not going to name names here (although it will be blatantly obvious) but I attended Sherlocked last year was there was a VERY popular guest who barely had time to sign all the autographs for those who were guaranteed his auto. However, after each one he or she looked up and very quickly looked up and said thank you. Was it the interaction I wanted? Absolutely not but I think you have to balance what you want with what can be achieved and also judge them on their intentions not on their actions all the time. Not saying this covers every signer all the time, just think you have to balance things and be fair.

Also, I know we all pay for the interaction, but at the end of the day you are paying for an autograph not the stars time.

Just my pennies worth.

If someone didn't look up and at least acknowledge me I'd lean down, force my head under theirs so we have eye contact and say "this autograph cost me £xx, manners cost nothing".

Wouldn't try that method with Sly or Arnold , chances are his musclemen would push you away by force.

Pfft, whatever, I'll take them all on. I've been working out - I can do a pull up now (almost).

Photo ops are too fast to interact with a guest so autographs should be different. But it all depends on the celeb. One can be busy but still have time to chat and one can barely say hello.

I had one guest who was waiting for me to pay before they even replied hello to me. At this point i regret i didn't walk away. Some were so chatty i didn't have time to pick my pic as they were asking so many questions.

And in my opinion popularity doesn't matter. Just simple hello is enough.

• Like 2

Stenun has asked an excellent question.

I would like two queues for each guest. A fast one for those who just want to say hi and get the autograph and a slow one for people with multiple items (sometimes dealers rather than fans) and those who want a 5 minute chat. The fast queue could be for those with pre-paid tickets.

I doubt this will ever happen. It seems like it would be unnecessarily complicated, and who would you let through first? Do you deliberately hold up the people with more than 1 item in favour of those with only 1? That's really unfair as they might then have to wait ages to get through. For guests that are busy, 5 minute chats aren't usually allowed anyway.

What Raylenth said. This version will never happen.

Too complicated and too many "what if". Not only on the day.

For example: What if you want to prepay, but can't? The shop is set up to accept credit cards and most UK debit cards work fine. What if you don't have those cards? Credit cards are still a fairly uncommon thing in some countries, even in Germany.

Thanks for the response. My suggestion was basically that there should be something like a mini Diamond Pass for people who want a single autograph and an extremely brief conversation.

Nahhh Arnold was a joy to meet, let me shake his hand a few times I was in such awe.

Sly seemed very happy to meet fans as well. Wasnt quick enough to get a signature. Next time!

Even their security was fine amazingly. Well trained. Its the poor security for lesser stars who get over zealous haha

You are fine RomeroSavini, don't worry. Premieres are totally fine. There were a couple of other posts though that were going on about other things. At least I wasn't the only one who got them that way, so I hope we didn't all three get them wrong. :lol: At least it wasn't THAT obvious then. ;)

• Like 1

credit cards are uncommon in Germany? Well... you learn something new every day!

Yes. The question I am asked most often by German fans in regards to LFACC is: "How can I get tickets? I don't have a credit card."

The Maestro system (so kind of debit card) is widely spread here. Credit cards not so much. One of our biggest electronics retailer chains still does not accept credit cards in their local stores.

Yup I can confirm that for Germany, I was just today in Trier in that shop named after a planet, no we do not take Visa or Mastercard, oh you have that other european card with V-Pay not sure if that one works, ok V-Pay worked, and I knew that because I shop quite often there, but there are so many places in Germany where they still don´t accept V-Pay -_- same in UK but luckily there is normally not a problem to use one of your major creditcards

Edited by timlux