Some things to share so you know a little more about the show

But anyone else feeling nervous? Maybe it's my first time at a convention, and doing Cosplay, AND meeting some huge guests for photoshoots, I feel a bag of worries not to mess up or waste chances!

:P

Going from the majority of forum posts... the people who are not nervous seem to be vastly outnumbered. ;)

I'm meeting RDA who I love, but still feeling pretty chill about it. Should probably embrace that, as being a nervous wreck wouldn't help much! ;)

Great effort Jason. Looking forward to it.

Point of note though - SDCC don't pay for guests to attend. The studios and film companies etc actively encourage and fund their clients to attend that con because of the worldwide exposure. I expect its one of the reasons they can do things like free autographs.

Hopefully the case with LFCC in future :)

Great effort Jason. Looking forward to it.

Point of note though - SDCC don't pay for guests to attend. The studios and film companies etc actively encourage and fund their clients to attend that con because of the worldwide exposure. I expect its one of the reasons they can do things like free autographs.

Hopefully the case with LFCC in future :)

I read that the Game of Thrones autograph session at SDCC was done through a lottery I think? In that case, I'd rather pay and guarantee an autograph that attend and risk missing out due to just bad luck...

• Like 1

SDCC is an entirely different beast to LFCC. The majority of the guests time is spent in panels and doing press, they do not have very much time to meet the fans. It's very much a place for promoting stuff than it is about meeting guests.

But anyone else feeling nervous? Maybe it's my first time at a convention, and doing Cosplay, AND meeting some huge guests for photoshoots, I feel a bag of worries not to mess up or waste chances!

:P

Going from the majority of forum posts... the people who are not nervous seem to be vastly outnumbered. ;)

I'm one of the vastly outnumbered. lol. i was very nervous the first con i went to though. nowadays I'm just super excited.

Edited by stargate geek emily

Many autograph sessions there are lottery only. When the first Stargate movie came out all of my friends in California who went - roughly a dozen - tried to get in the Stargate signing because they knew how much I wanted that poster. Not one if them made it.

• Like 1

I would much rather pay and be sure I'm getting something. People moaned about the paid talks. Personally, I was very happy to pay £15 for RDA's. I just hope with all the "queue" talk this lunch time, I get in in time to see it lol!

My feedback- I have been to various London Cons over the years and at different venues, and with the day being so hot these are things i have learned: Hyper Japan have a split session on saturday so there time for lunch reset etc, and the crowd is staggered and long wait queues are more manageable. Maybe LFCC can adopt this idea?

The crew here- brilliant cannot fault their excellent service, the map drawer rubbish. It was hard nagivating as maps got changed and were not updated and no you are here bits were present. Clearer signposts for available lifts and stairs would be appreciated. No one (particularly security) didnt know where things were

Eventbrite e-tickets big thumbs up. Very useful. The layout of guests, not so helpful - next to cosplay area etc. Trying to buy the vouchers online was a non starter- it would of been easier in advance if I could buy the vouchers for a signature before- saves the cash for things I want to buy. Could paypal be used to further pgrote t card details.