Multi Signed Memrobilia

Hey all..

Good morning :-)

I brought myself a hoverboard at Collcectormainia last week in preparation for LFCC.

I have a few questions to ask the more experienced guests..

I am planning on getting as many signatures as possible on my hoverboard.. Is this a good idea?

I want it to be worth money in years to come to pass to my daughter she's 5 atm and I'm 30.. So I'm planning on living at least another 40 years yet lol.. Would acquiring all the signatures I can make it worth more in the long run? Or is it worth just getting 1 or 2.

Also does anyone know how you get a certificate of authenticity for the item? With multiple signatures.

PLEASE DONT take this the wrong way I am a HUGE bttf fan and I'm not trying to make a fast quid or too it's just with spending so much money on autos on 1 particular item I want it to be an investment for years and years to come and I mean years when I'm dead lol. To pass on to my daughter.

Let me know your thoughts guys pls

I'd say if it's a BTTF piece the most important signatures (and most valuable in the future) to have on an item like this would be Christopher Lloyd and MJF(if you can afford it) sometimes having the entire cast on an item can in fact detract from value because Most of the time the other cast members may not have any relationship to that item. For example. My Star Wars triptych poster, I've been focusing on recognisable and lead characters as well as behind the scenes people (producers etc). Mainly because I feel adding EVERYONE to it would make it A,look really crowded B most of the names wouldn't be recognised (with respect). But really its up to you. Personally I think having the leading actors would add huge value to the item more so than having everyone.

Also going back to characters having a relationship to an item. I don't know too much about BTTF as I've never seen it but to me it would only really make sense having Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown sign it. Rather than lets say Marty's mum or school child number 36 or whatever because in the film he rides the hover board in the future thanks to doc brown if you see what I'm saying

Edited by Gmorris2504

Also going back to characters having a relationship to an item. I don't know too much about BTTF as I've never seen it but to me it would only really make sense having Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown sign it. Rather than lets say Marty's mum or school child number 36 or whatever because in the film he rides the hover board in the future thanks to doc brown if you see what I'm saying

You really should watch it, it's a great trilogy. But just to let you know, Marty's Mum is kinda one of the main characters!
  • Like 2

You really should watch it, it's a great trilogy. But just to let you know, Marty's Mum is kinda one of the main characters!
Hahah shows how much I know
  • Like 2

Hey all..

I brought myself a hoverboard at Collcectormainia last week in preparation for LFCC.

I am planning on getting as many signatures as possible on my hoverboard.. Is this a good idea?

I want it to be worth money in years to come to pass to my daughter she's 5 atm and I'm 30.. So I'm planning on living at least another 40 years yet lol.. Would acquiring all the signatures I can make it worth more in the long run? Or is it worth just getting 1 or 2.

Also does anyone know how you get a certificate of authenticity for the item? With multiple signatures.

PLEASE DONT take this the wrong way I am a HUGE bttf fan and I'm not trying to make a fast quid or too it's just with spending so much money on autos on 1 particular item I want it to be an investment for years and years to come and I mean years when I'm dead lol. To pass on to my daughter.

Whilst I am sure a fair few people may have had the same idea of getting a hoverboard signed, it will be a rarer item than say a poster, a 10x8 or a DVD or blu ray, so on that basis there will be fewer around.

If you are able to get all the BTTF autos on it as well, that will increase it's uniqueness because not many people will have MJF for example based on the numbers of autos he will be signing.

There isn't an autograph certification at Showmasters events, so you would need to do this separately, but it would be a good idea to take a photo of each guests as they are signing your item. A number of organisations offer this, but I am not sure if I am able to list them here, but a quick search on google should throw a few up.

I often have my sons with me at events and I was getting one guest to sign a Doctor Who item and he asked who I wanted it personalised to, and I said just a signature please as I will pass on all my autos to my sons. He looked really shocked and said, blimey, are you o.k, have you not got long to live (slightly tongue in cheek !).

So my advice would be , don't get any personalisations, get photos of each guest signing and get all the BTTF guests there and hopefully if space you might even be able to add more in the future. Back to the Future after 30 years has become a classic so it is the sort of item that will hold value in the future.

Hey all..

Whilst I am sure a fair few people may have had the same idea of getting a hoverboard signed, it will be a rarer item than say a poster, a 10x8 or a DVD or blu ray, so on that basis there will be fewer around.

If you are able to get all the BTTF autos on it as well, that will increase it's uniqueness because not many people will have MJF for example based on the numbers of autos he will be signing.

There isn't an autograph certification at Showmasters events, so you would need to do this separately, but it would be a good idea to take a photo of each guests as they are signing your item. A number of organisations offer this, but I am not sure if I am able to list them here, but a quick search on google should throw a few up.

I often have my sons with me at events and I was getting one guest to sign a Doctor Who item and he asked who I wanted it personalised to, and I said just a signature please as I will pass on all my autos to my sons. He looked really shocked and said, blimey, are you o.k, have you not got long to live (slightly tongue in cheek !).

So my advice would be , don't get any personalisations, get photos of each guest signing and get all the BTTF guests there and hopefully if space you might even be able to add more in the future. Back to the Future after 30 years has become a classic so it is the sort of item that will hold value in the future.

For the weekend I am solely going to get 2 items signed by the BTTF guests. The first is the official book of the trilogy. The main item to get signed by everyone including Michael J Fox is a full sized replica of the yellow plutonium carry case from the 1st film. To protect the autographs I am going to have a perspex display case made. I intend to get a photograph of everyone signing the case and then I will have a back piece made to show the photo, the guests name and their characters name.

@ianb just to set your expectations, from my experience, you are going to have a hard time at any point getting a photo of the guests (especially MJF and CL) holding your item or even signing the item. Mainly because a) the line is going to be moving at a fast speed. When CL was at LFCC a few years ago, peoples items were being passed up the line to get signed and coming back down again. The man was a machine, not even looking up, just signing signing signing. B) because they are probably going to have no photograph signs on the boards behind them. In the past when I have gone to a big guest (like Peter Dinklage from GoT) like this I have my official photographer with me, ie my wife! She has my Iphone and usually pretends to text and snaps a few quick snaps, some are blurry, some are not.

I honestly hope you get what you want but photos are highly unlikely! Good luck and enjoy the event! :)

Absolutely multi signed items with leading actors/actress would be worth more my multi signed chest burster 10x8 will certainly increase in value with miss weaver on it .

I collect a lot of 007 and double and triple sigs always. Fetch more. Although with so many people in bond I try to stick with ... If there on the poster or have a speaking part (with the exception of Charles dance) I'm interested there's to many second on the left girl by the pool in 007 lol

I alwYs joke with the people I meet it's adding to my super cruise when I retire.

But collect what you like and not for the monetary value , and if it's worth to a shed load of money then that's a nice brucie bonus 😃😃

@ianb just to set your expectations, from my experience, you are going to have a hard time at any point getting a photo of the guests (especially MJF and CL) holding your item or even signing the item. Mainly because a) the line is going to be moving at a fast speed. When CL was at LFCC a few years ago, peoples items were being passed up the line to get signed and coming back down again. The man was a machine, not even looking up, just signing signing signing. B) because they are probably going to have no photograph signs on the boards behind them. In the past when I have gone to a big guest (like Peter Dinklage from GoT) like this I have my official photographer with me, ie my wife! She has my Iphone and usually pretends to text and snaps a few quick snaps, some are blurry, some are not.

I honestly hope you get what you want but photos are highly unlikely! Good luck and enjoy the event! :)

I had already bought the MJF diamond pass which guarantes me an in person autograph and given that this is the most expensive diamond pass there is and due to the limited amount that MJF will be signing due to his illness I certantly hope that we are given the time to have a talk with him. I was worried about missing out on Christopher Lloyd because as you say he will be very popular and the virtual queue tickets will go very quickly so I have just bought his diamond pass as well which guarantess me an in person autograph.

These are the 2 most important autographs and now I can spend the rest of the day getting the other BTTF autographs which although will be busy will not be as crazy as the queues for Christopher Lloyd. As I have a photoshoot with MJF and CL I have been told that it should be alright to have the case in the photo.

If you have a Christopher Lloyd diamond pass can you pay for an extra autograph at the same time as you get the pass autograph.

Hey all..

I agree with what another person stated about photos of the guests signing, as much as possible. If you have photoshoot, this can also be proof that you actually got the signatures of those you are saying are on the board. (I'd also recommend making a screen-grab of the events official page, another proof)

As for Signatures and how many, i always think more is better - but i do also think, if the actor/character is not one people will remember - it is okay to skip them.

I had already bought the MJF diamond pass which guarantes me an in person autograph and given that this is the most expensive diamond pass there is and due to the limited amount that MJF will be signing due to his illness I certantly hope that we are given the time to have a talk with him. I was worried about missing out on Christopher Lloyd because as you say he will be very popular and the virtual queue tickets will go very quickly so I have just bought his diamond pass as well which guarantess me an in person autograph.

These are the 2 most important autographs and now I can spend the rest of the day getting the other BTTF autographs which although will be busy will not be as crazy as the queues for Christopher Lloyd. As I have a photoshoot with MJF and CL I have been told that it should be alright to have the case in the photo.

If you have a Christopher Lloyd diamond pass can you pay for an extra autograph at the same time as you get the pass autograph.

Re chatting to MJF - with the bigger guests always assume it will be a conveyor belt where you barely get a look in and you will be prepared. Anything else you get interaction wise will then be a bonus. The expense of the ticket doesn't relate to the practicalities unfortunately.

I had a Platinum ticket at Sherlocked in order to guarantee getting an auto from Benedict Cumberbatch and there was no way you had time to really chat with him. There was time for a 'Hello, thanks for being here' and then it was on to the next person. I know the situations are different but MJF might not be signing for long and even though he's there for the weekend he might not have a lot of extra time.

I'm not saying you won't have a chance to chat but remember you may have a couple of hundred people behind you that need to get through as well.