Tomorrow - The Game is Afoot !

GoldenGreen

At the moment I'm more stressed than excited, in fact I haven't been this stressed before an event for a lot of years! Think it's down to so much going on I'm worried I'm going to get lost and miss something and it not be able to be rectified!!

Not sure how I'm feeling right now to be honest lol a mix of all sorts from excitement, worry, stress, depressed and sadness for me I think

Excitement as I'll be meeting quite a few guests who I like and idolize and never thought I'd get chance to meet, worry as I'm not sure how everything will end up and if I'll end up missing out on something, stress because its going to be chaotic it will be my first event where I'll be wanting to meet a lot of the guests as its usually just 1 or 2 and I end up with a lot of time to kill this time our schedule looks hectic lol, and well sadness due to knowing it will all be over soon and I hate getting the convention blues lol and the thought of not having any idea what to do next heres hoping the LFCC event in July will have someone I would love to meet to make me feel better like Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi :whistling:

So yea that's me at the mo a basic mess I guess lol

Oh well at least my recently purchased poster (which I hope to get signed) and case to keep it in all came in time for the event that's one worry off my mind as well as the confusing parking issue at the venue just hope our 3+hr journey down to London tomorrow goes well last time we hit a 30min-1hr traffic jam which was exciting :rolleyes:

At the moment I'm more stressed than excited, in fact I haven't been this stressed before an event for a lot of years! Think it's down to so much going on I'm worried I'm going to get lost and miss something and it not be able to be rectified!!

You'll be fine, it's all in the planning. If you haven't already have a good look at the schedules for the two days and when your group is going to be called, also think about what talks you really want to go to and ones that you could miss if needed. Also if you have plans for autographs again put them in priority order of who you really want to get and who you are less bothered about. I've drawn up a provisional list each day based on my schedule so I don't miss anything.

Not sure how I'm feeling right now to be honest lol a mix of all sorts from excitement, worry, stress, depressed and sadness for me I think

Excitement as I'll be meeting quite a few guests who I like and idolize and never thought I'd get chance to meet, worry as I'm not sure how everything will end up and if I'll end up missing out on something, stress because its going to be chaotic it will be my first event where I'll be wanting to meet a lot of the guests as its usually just 1 or 2 and I end up with a lot of time to kill this time our schedule looks hectic lol, and well sadness due to knowing it will all be over soon and I hate getting the convention blues lol and the thought of not having any idea what to do next heres hoping the LFCC event in July will have someone I would love to meet to make me feel better like Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi :whistling:

So yea that's me at the mo a basic mess I guess lol

Oh well at least my recently purchased poster (which I hope to get signed) and case to keep it in all came in time for the event that's one worry off my mind as well as the confusing parking issue at the venue just hope our 3+hr journey down to London tomorrow goes well last time we hit a 30min-1hr traffic jam which was exciting :rolleyes:

Sassy1988 don't even think about the Convention Blues, just think about how much fun it will be over the next few days and then we can all come on here next week and cheer each other up with our tales from the weekend.

Edited by GoldenGreen

Ha ha the excitement will kick in tomorrow when I get there and have registered, I think I'm fretting as I've been able to print the photo schedule but not the talks ones so I'm a bit at a loss as to what'll overlap lol I've been to loads of events so I know that I'll have to miss bits of things so that's not an issue but the racing between areas may be a trauma lol

Ah well roll on tomorrow so I can wander around the venue plotting out my route 😃

Ha ha the excitement will kick in tomorrow when I get there and have registered, I think I'm fretting as I've been able to print the photo schedule but not the talks ones so I'm a bit at a loss as to what'll overlap lol I've been to loads of events so I know that I'll have to miss bits of things so that's not an issue but the racing between areas may be a trauma lol

Ah well roll on tomorrow so I can wander around the venue plotting out my route

For some reason I couldn't merge the 2 new schedules easily this time so I just printed off the photo shoot one, highlighted my bits and added little boxes down the side next to the times with the talks on so they are all on 1 page.

Ah well roll on tomorrow so I can wander around the venue plotting out my route

For some reason I couldn't merge the 2 new schedules easily this time so I just printed off the photo shoot one, highlighted my bits and added little boxes down the side next to the times with the talks on so they are all on 1 page.

Hoping there'll be a schedule in the reg packs so I can do the exact same thing tomorrow night!!

• Like 1

I think my entire office knows "OMG OMG OMG I'm going to meet Benedict Cumberbatch"... I've been bouncing around the office like Tigger all day :) My friend has already arrived at our accommodation, I will be setting off tomorrow morning to join her and then WOOHOO!!!

• Like 1

I'm so excited but also nervous, I have my schedules planned out but obviously these may change depending on how things go. Saturday is mostly straight forward but I have 3 photoshoots first thing on Sunday, two starting at 9.30 and the Production Team one at 9.45. I also really really want to see some of the Rupert and Andrew talk starting at 10 so am hoping the crew will let me do one of the 9.30 ones in the afternoon so I can see maybe half or even a bit more of it. The same goes again for the Ladies Of Sherlocked talk, if I can defer one of the 2 shoots I have that start at the same time as the talk I'll hopefully make some of it. I can but ask, it does say in the FAQ that there is no problem doing that, I just think I need to check with one of the crew first. Is this a possibility do you think?

it's certainly possible, and as you say there's no harm in asking. I'm thinking of doing the same with Lara's first shoot. It's only 30 mins and from what I can recall of my schedule it would be really handy to be able to do it later. I'm going to see how everything goes on Saturday with the many shoots and talks I have to do and I'll see how many auto's I manage to get done. I've resigned myself to not being able to see any of the vis effects talks which is a shame and I may only be able to see half of the Ladies and Saturday's group talk but I may have to sacrifice them to get other stuff done.

• Like 1

If they'd started the 9.30 shoots at 9.15 the same as yours on the Saturday, I'd have had more chance to get them done,It's the fact that the first talk starts at 10am whereas Saturday's starts at 10.30 which means the timing is v v tight, I guess I'll see how quickly I get my first one done as if I'm done before 9.45 I'll head over and do the second one as you lovely A's will be doing your production shots until a bit after 10am anyway. It's all going to be a 'see how things go' weekend I think.

• Like 1

If they'd started the 9.30 shoots at 9.15 the same as yours on the Saturday, I'd have had more chance to get them done,It's the fact that the first talk starts at 10am whereas Saturday's starts at 10.30 which means the timing is v v tight, I guess I'll see how quickly I get my first one done as if I'm done before 9.45 I'll head over and do the second one as you lovely A's will be doing your production shots until a bit after 10am anyway. It's all going to be a 'see how things go' weekend I think.

Very much so, I've done my schedules with notes such as 'go straight to....after' 'leave talk by...' but really it's hard to predict. I've marked up my not to miss items but it will probably completely change once there.

On another note, has it been mentioned anywhere when we will actually be let into the halls? I know opening is 9am but any guess to whether that means they will let us in only at 9 or we can go in earlier but nothing will be happening until 9? I don't particularly fancy having to race around at 9.

Registration is likely to be in the food hall area, and not in the same halls as the con. So not expecting to get in until 9am.

I think you are correct, but even if we can get in 15 mins before would be helpful. As the auto's will start at 9, and particularly Ben's first session, it makes more sense to have the first batch of attendee's ready in the queue to start at 9 than to have the guests ready waiting for us to rush over!

In my experience the majority of the guests are never there ready to sign bang on 9am. Lots of times I've rushed in to get some early auto's and have been left waiting till nearly 9.30am. Really hope it won't be the case this weekend, but part of me is expecting it for some of the guests.

• Like 1