E-ticket validation question.

Okay, I'm new to this e-ticket thing and not fully sure I understand it but would like to ask...

About a week or so ago, I purchased my entry tickets and a couple of photo-shoot tickets for Lloyd and Campbell. At that time, I also purchased an e-ticket validation at £2.50 I think it was... just the one that is. My first order consisted of:

4 X Fri Entry tickets

4 X Sat Entry tickets

2 x Neve Campbell photo-shoot

2 x Christopher Lloyd photo-shoot.

My first question is... Should I have some kind of print out of this e-ticket validation thing on paper because I printed my tickets for the above and I don't seem to have anything extra?

Secondly, I may have missed this when ordering, if so, I apologise... do I need to purchase one of these for each ticket I have purchased? (At present I have not, I've only bought one.)

Finally - I have just purchased the Michael J. Fox photo-shoot x 2... since this was a separate order, am I supposed to purchase another one of these e-ticket validations?

To be honest I'm really confused by it all and offput, I don't want to turn up at the show with printed out tickets only to be told they aren't valid or something!

Oh and one final question... the MJ Fox tickets, have my mother's name on since they were purchased on her card and not mine... will that be a problem when I present them for the photo-op?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SilvaNemesis

Can i just print out the tickets and show up with them and id? is that enough.

You don't need to ask in several topics. We are answering as soon as we can.

Yes, print out is enough. ID is not required.

Thanks. What is this e-ticket validation about then if you can just show your phone.

• Moderators

Thanks. What is this e-ticket validation about then if you can just show your phone.

It's a validation fee, as it says. It covers all the admin, eventbrite fees etc involved in the new system. If it isn't paid, then no matter what way you use to show the QR code on your ticket when scanned it will come up saying 'invalid ticket' and you won't get anywhere.

See 8. in the first post of this topic: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87828

See 8. in the first post of this topic: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87828

Right thanks, i get it now. It threw me as it says the validation is optional which it obviously is not. I will pay it when i get the email.

Right thanks, i get it now. It threw me as it says the validation is optional which it obviously is not. I will pay it when i get the email.

Where did it say the validation is optional? If there's still something left to that extent we better get this changed before it leads to more confusion. We already changed one button to "MAKE SURE YOU ADD THIS!", and it still gets forgotten. :lol: If the word optional is hiding somewhere you may have found us a reason.

Where did it say the validation is optional? If there's still something left to that extent we better get this changed before it leads to more confusion. We already changed one button to "MAKE SURE YOU ADD THIS!", and it still gets forgotten. :lol: If the word optional is hiding somewhere you may have found us a reason.

It definitely says optional next to the picture above the add link.

It definitely says optional next to the picture above the add link.

It does. The validation link appears at the bottom of the page in a box marked "Additional Items (optional)". I'm looking at this on Safari on a Mac.

Edited by Wrong Name

This ticket buying stuff is all getting a bit daft now and complicated, if someone somehow doesn't pay an extra £2.50 after paying £85 for a photo-ticket they don't get their photo-op? I would hope they get a refund in that case, otherwise that's just daylight robbery. Whilst I appreciate the saving paper which I'm all for, this is just more confusing than it needs to be, and as someone who is a regular con-goer, that's offputting for me.

This ticket buying stuff is all getting a bit daft now and complicated, if someone somehow doesn't pay an extra £2.50 after paying £85 for a photo-ticket they don't get their photo-op? I would hope they get a refund in that case, otherwise that's just daylight robbery. Whilst I appreciate the saving paper which I'm all for, this is just more confusing than it needs to be, and as someone who is a regular con-goer, that's offputting for me.

If someone doesn't pay the validation in the time of order, they will get an email to pay it later. But if they choose not to pay it, then their ticket is invalid, yes.

Edited by SammyRomie

If someone doesn't pay the validation in the time of order, they will get an email to pay it later. But if they choose not to pay it, then their ticket is invalid, yes.

I think that's ridiculous, you've just shelled out £85 for a ticket and it's invalid? That's bs. I've had no e-mail from anyone about it, but I've not paid another £2.50 tonight, I did with my first order last week but not with this one. So if you can't afford to buy your tickets all in one go, you're going to pay an extra £2.50 per order now? That's a bit of a get on.

I think that's ridiculous, you've just shelled out £85 for a ticket and it's invalid? That's bs. I've had no e-mail from anyone about it, but I've not paid another £2.50 tonight, I did with my first order last week but not with this one. So if you can't afford to buy your tickets all in one go, you're going to pay an extra £2.50 per order now? That's a bit of a get on.

Most concerts and other events charge way more than that PER TICKET for booking fees!! I recently bought some tickets that added on £6 for each ticket so this is nothing compared to most places.

So as it stands I've paid £170 for two tickets which are currently invalid because I've not paid £2.50 but I've had no e-mail to prompt me to pay the £2.50 and there is no option to purchase it on the eventbrite page. That's helpful. So what am I supposed to do now?!

So as it stands I've paid £170 for two tickets which are currently invalid because I've not paid £2.50 but I've had no e-mail to prompt me to pay the £2.50 and there is no option to purchase it on the eventbrite page. That's helpful. So what am I supposed to do now?!

The prompt is done manually by the people in the shop who are all probably asleep at the moment. From what I've read they try to send them out once a week but seeing as they have both Sherlocked and Chevron coming up soon it might take a little longer. You're not nearly the only one in this situation, just read the forum and you'll see the mods are telling everyone it'll be fine and sorted long before the event. As long as you pay the validation when they email, and they will, your tickets will be fine.

There are two prompts to buy/add on the Eventbrite page which I guess you must have missed in your rush for tickets.

As WrongName has already said, the store people send out these e-mails manually. The timeframe for that is about a week. But as a large number of orders were placed and a large number of attendees seem to have missed the charge (plus two events are coming up) please don't panic if it takes longer than that.

I'm the same. Been awake all night worrying about E ticket validation. I placed two orders last night and it def said optional as people are saying. There also wasn't a button on the left as stated so it was pretty confusing. Can you confirm that we will def get the chance to pay this. I'm happy to do so straight away for peace of mind rather than wait to be emailed. Is there anyway I can do that?

• Moderators

Unfortunately there is no way to do it without the link in the email that will be sent by the store (doing it via the link matches up your validation payment with your order)

You WILL DEFINITELY get an email though.

Edited by etmuse

Guys, you really don't have to ask all the time if you will really get that e-mail. It's not April 1, you have my word we are not making fun of you.

I've forwarded a request to check if that "optional" can be removed. But right above that optional is another check box with a lot of text which tells you you have to add the e-ticket validation. So I while there are two slightly contradicting things it's kind of funny everyone only sees the one word and ignores the large text. :lol: