E-ticket validation question.

Here's hoping that they just make the Validation (call it a Booking Fee) Charge automatic by next summer... it seems to be causing nothing but problems, adding work for Showmaster (kind of negates the whole reason for E-Ticketing) and stress for those who miss it (I am not included as I had read about it before I order my RDA Tickets ). Plus the system does not display properly on all devices, and not everyone has owns or has access to a PC.

I am a fan of E-Tickets though :thumbup:

• Like 1

Here's hoping that they just make the Validation (call it a Booking Fee) Charge automatic by next summer... it seems to be causing nothing but problems, adding work for Showmaster (kind of negates the whole reason for E-Ticketing) and stress for those who miss it (I am not included as I had read about it before I order my RDA Tickets ). Plus the system does not display properly on all devices, and not everyone has owns or has access to a PC.

I am a fan of E-Tickets though :thumbup:

Even with the old system you had to have a PC.

I did not say that the old system did not require a PC, but from the post it is becoming evident that a lot of people use other devices these days, maybe because they are not home when tickets go up, or are part of a newer generation who have gone with Tablets and Smartphones over a Desk Top or even a Lap Top.

I used my Desktop instead of my Tablet after reading about the issues some where experiencing.

I did not say that the old system did not require a PC, but from the post it is becoming evident that a lot of people use other devices these days, maybe because they are not home when tickets go up, or are part of a newer generation who have gone with Tablets and Smartphones over a Desk Top or even a Lap Top.

I used my Desktop instead of my Tablet after reading about the issues some where experiencing.

Sorry, I see what you mean. With so many devices out there these days it's hard for companies to write software that will work on all devices. I work for a technology company and we have this very issue, especially with Android which does not have a standard so what works on one Android device might not work on another. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it unless the manufacturers all merge into one giant company that governs what devices we all have and makes sure we all have the same. That's starting to get a bit too 1984 for my liking!

I also agree that the validation fee should be added automatically like with other ticket sites, but I know they are working to make that happen.

Edited by Wrong Name