Very big guest announcement questions

Apologies if these have been asked/answered in the 30 page announcement thread but I thought we could keep this one a bit more concise/factual

1) Are you able/willing to confirm the price pre-Thursday?

2) Does this guest's diamond package go on sale on Thursday?

cheers

good stuff

3) have you thought about including entry to the show as part of the diamond package?

4) how are entry tickets looking? is it conceivable these could sell out on Thursday?

(obviously both of the above are aimed at combatting the potential for someone to buy diamond on thursday but not actually be able to get an entry ticket)

3) I know Showmasters had thought about it when they first spoke about introducing the Diamond passes, but as there are people who will be buying multiple Diamond passes for multiple guests, it means they would be buying the entry tickets multiple times as well, which they wouldn't need.

4) As we don't have any information on who this guest is or how much it will cost, this is impossible to answer. If I had to guess I would say that they way SM have spoken about this guest, and that tickets will be limited I think it's highly likely that they will sell out and fast but there really is no way to tell on such little info.

Edited by Wrong Name

re 4), I'm more concerned about the possibility of grinding my way through a laggy nightmare of a shop on Thursday, managing to get a diamond pass but then returning the next day to get entry tickets and finding they're sold out....

4) It could happen but I'd say is unlikely. There's no way to know how many tickets are left but SM usually give a warning if any tickets are low, if possible. Sometimes tickets go so quickly that they don't get a chance. I'd just buy them when you buy the Diamond pass if you get one. I'd advise you go and have a quick look at the Eventbrite shop to get an idea of how it works so you're prepared.

On of the things I'd actually want Jason to post with the announcement, if wether the guest will personalize?

Sadly we never really know that until the day itself in my experience

Except, that normally this has to do with time available, which in this case doesn't apply as only a limited number of tickets will be sold.

• Like 1

On of the things I'd actually want Jason to post with the announcement, if wether the guest will personalize?

That is very unlikely to be announced, and even if it should be this could change throughout the day. It's a guest doing this the first time, so signing a larger number of autographs is a first. Remember the first time Jenna Louise Coleman appeared and her autograph kind of got shorter throughout the day.

How about....

Gary Oldman

Has he done these?

This is fun... Not had so much fun in ages.... :smile:

ooooohhhh that would be AMAZING!!!

I agree. I'm not getting my hopes up about it being anyone in particular but am still loving reading the suggestions and having a guess myself!

That is very unlikely to be announced, and even if it should be this could change throughout the day. It's a guest doing this the first time, so signing a larger number of autographs is a first. Remember the first time Jenna Louise Coleman appeared and her autograph kind of got shorter throughout the day.

I'd say that seeing as this wil be a Diamond Guest, then personalising should be guaranteed, isn't that what the additional expense is covering? That would need to to be included in the Diamond Package. There are some who prefer a non-personlaised autograph, but if you are limiting the number of autographs to very few, then adding personlistions should not be a problem.

• Like 1

Sometimes guests can't personalise due to health reasons. James Marsters once broke his writing hand (I think he broke it? or just injured it) and so to personalise alongside his auto would leave him in considerable pain after the many people he'd be signing for. If this guest is of limited health (which may be the case as Jason said his/her activities are limited), it would likely be they wouldn't be able to personalise.

Edited by Alice

Then this would need to made clear on the Diamond Package when they go on sale.

Personally I doubt this would be do-able. I don't know about Jason et al but I personally would feel very uncomfortable trying to get a guest to confirm in advance of the event as to whether or not they will be personalising given, as has been said above, there can be a myriad of reasons why a guest may not personalise. For example, Stan Lee last year wasn't but then he got through a heck of a lot of autographs especially for someone of his age. If it had been a pre-requesite for all of those to have been personalised then there would have been a lot less autographs and a lot more disgruntled attendees. Also, what would happen in the case of say SM had announced James Marsters and he'd be personalising then as has been mentioned he injured his wrist so wasn't personalising. Again there'd be disgruntled attendees. I personally am going for a guest's autograph. If they decide to personalise it by whatever shape or form then that's fine by me. If they don't then that's also fine as I've got their autograph.

• Like 2

The way I see it is they're advertising an autograph - You can ask for it to be personalised or get a quote or whatever your thing is but that is an extra and is at the whims of myriad things that may only come to light on the day.

When I met Peter Dinklage it was a really last minute thing on the Sunday - I had been to the Saturday commentary never having seen GoT and he impressed me so much that I went straight and bought a photoshoot on the Sunday and got it signed later in the day - throughout the weekend I heard a dozen times how his wrist was paining him due to the number of autographs he was signing so I was expecting nothing more then the signature... But he was in fine form and personalised it for me. So you can never really know until you get up to the guest what they will or won't do.

If you want a guaranteed personalisation I think that service can only be provided by the pre-order shop and then it'll cost you more.

• Like 2

Zahariel and knitty fred have saved me a lot of typing there. :lol:

You pay for the autograph, nowhere does it say it will be a personalized one. I've said it in another connection: just because the listing does not say you'll receive something does not mean you'll receive it by default.

Yes, James Marsters had broken his wrist back then at this one appearance. That's a good example.

You really never know. When Alexis Denisof did CM MK the first tim I think he was pretty much no personalisations right away. I saw him pretty soon the first morning and he already was. He caught on I was from Germany, we had a short conversation about the Football World Cup which was held in Germany a couple of weeks later and next thing I know is he asks me "Tell me your name again" and he personalized my autograph.

• Like 1

That's interesting. What I remember from Alexis at CM MK is that his line was incredibly slow, because he took his time with everyone. Never saw the no personalizations sign and he certainly did for everyone who asked.

I get the point about the personalizations, but frankly you are all comparing this with persons who are signing all day, at a price of 25 pounds or so.

For a couple of hundred, with a very limited number available, it would be nice to have more certainty. Even though I know from years of these, we won't be given that. Just as much so, as we won't be told whether Robert Englund will wear the full costume. Better to be disapppointed afterwards, I guess.

As our different experiences with Alexis prove: things can change throughout a weekend, even throughout a day. Even within an hour in fact. When Christopher Lloyd was at LFACC last time photos at the table were stopped right in front of me in fact.

It is impossible to guarantee a personalisation, even with a guest signing very limited numbers. Yes, it would be nice to have certainty. I totally agree with you there. But in this case it's not possible.

What should be done if something happens and the guest has to stop personalising? For example there was one guest one show who was absent half day because of a family emergency. Or what if the guest doesn't make it through even the limited number cause they are chatty? "Oh, please leave your posters with us, we'll get them returned to you later." That would be an option people wouldn't like either.

It is impossible to guarantee a personalisation, even with a guest signing very limited numbers. Yes, it would be nice to have certainty. I totally agree with you there. But in this case it's not possible.

What should be done if something happens and the guest has to stop personalising? For example there was one guest one show who was absent half day because of a family emergency. Or what if the guest doesn't make it through even the limited number cause they are chatty? "Oh, please leave your posters with us, we'll get them returned to you later." That would be an option people wouldn't like either.

This can still happen. And it works the other way round too. Perhaps the guest wants to personalize everything, because he doesn't want stuff to end up on eBay. That would disappoint a lot of people as well.

I know this is all common practice at events like this, but it is still strange. Imagine buying a car and asking if a radio is included, only to hear: "We don't know yet. It all depends on whether there's time on the assembly line to put one in. You'll just have to wait upon delivery to be sure."

Show masters should have held a fun little comp. Every one has a guess at the guest. Then, if a person is right when the say on Thursday, they could get a free pass, autograph or some thing.

Who ever it will be, it's going to please a lot of people. I know hope it's not micheal j fox as I have just spent my last money on a car. X