SHERLOCKED Hype & Preparations Fun

MildGrooveOn

Hello all, I will be there by myself, so more than happy for anyone to say hello, meet up etc. I am planning on doing as many talks, photos etc during the day and then the parties in the evening and finding food before! I have to travel in and back each day (about an hour each way) so will hopefully be around till about 11, considering getting a hotel but living reasonably close I don't know if I should bother!

I can not do the Thursday :( work won't let me have it of. I am off on Friday so can come down early. See you all there.

Perfect-Friday will be just fine! Welcome! :)

There's really no need to fret about age my mum is coming with me and she's 64 and is regularly the oldest person at these cons, and she loves it it's not like she only comes to keep me company she's a huge fan of the shows too bless her, plus the guests tend to love her too and talk to her as if they're talking to their own mum, which makes a great ice breaker for me as I sometimes struggle to know what to say and yet she is so gregarious it's infectious!!

I'm so excited for this event it just seems to be getting better and better and well if we can't have Martin and Amanda I'd really like them to announce Russell Tovey next and then it's a practically perfect line up 😃

See you all there

I will be 51 years juvenile (hee hee :poki: ) a fortnight before the con!

Last night I made 2 new badges (Mrs Hudson and Irene Adler) and fastened them to the strap of my "I Am Sherlocked" messenger bag.

I have also cleared the memory card in my camera, as I had stuff on it going back to the "Lords of Time" con in 2012. It's all on CD now.

Ordered two new Sherlock related t-shirts to wear one for Sat, one for Sun. Figured that's about as good as it gets in terms of my Cosplay ! :smile:

Friday, well, it's only the preview so will have to make do with general Sci Fi / Geek T-Shirt for that.

My sister bought me an Obsessive t-shirt for Christmas and I thought it may be safe to wear this on the Friday to travel/register in. I've got an

Cumberbatch

Disorder

I am Sherlocked shirt that I could wear on either of the actual show days apart from that, yeah, not really thought about the other day. I have a new t-shirt for the Saturday party ( mind palace related). That's about it.

Edited by evilfairie
  • Like 1

Perfect! We can see how well we do at recognising each other from our profile pics!

Just to confirm, I'm not actually Sylvester Stallone ! :-)

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am not Martin Freeman.

• Like 1

Perfect! We can see how well we do at recognising each other from our profile pics!

Just to confirm, I'm not actually Sylvester Stallone ! :-)

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am not Martin Freeman.

oh go on then........ :smile:

Can I pat both of you, then?

Fans do sometimes claim that Martin is composed of kittens and rage...

*pat pat*

Edited by MildGrooveOn
  • Like 1

While we're confirming things, I'm deffo not Ville Valo (not that many or even any of you will know who he is) and I've just had a 'duh' thought on my second t-shirt and thought I'd wear the one I get in my goody bag if it fits (it may not, I decided to brave it and go for a size small)

While we're confirming things, I'm deffo not Ville Valo (not that many or even any of you will know who he is) and I've just had a 'duh' thought on my second t-shirt and thought I'd wear the one I get in my goody bag if it fits (it may not, I decided to brave it and go for a size small)

I have a HIM inspired tattoo, their music helped me through a bad time...I can't wait to see people's fandom t-shirts. I have a Jim quote one for if I decide not to wear my costume both days and I am currently trying to sew a Moriarty inspired design for another t-shirt for the evening.

• Like 1

I have a HIM inspired tattoo, their music helped me through a bad time...I can't wait to see people's fandom t-shirts. I have a Jim quote one for if I decide not to wear my costume both days and I am currently trying to sew a Moriarty inspired design for another t-shirt for the evening.

HIM are the major love of my life and have been for the last 12 years.. If I don't wear a Sherlock related shirt one of the days I'll probably be wearing a HIM shirt. :)

• Like 1

HIM are the major love of my life and have been for the last 12 years.. If I don't wear a Sherlock related shirt one of the days I'll probably be wearing a HIM shirt. :)

Cool...another way to look out for you :thumbup:

I think I need to start making a list for packing in my case because I getting excited already!