Thank you Showmasters/ME

Doc Bones

With so much said on this forum and elsewhere about the pricing of this event, I would like to say thank you for organising what looks set to be a brilliant weekend.

With 16 high quality guests it makes the ticket prices more than justifiable in my opinion. Some may disagree but I feel I am getting great value.

• Like 8

Ditto, I've got a platinum ticket and when you work out the possible costs of all the photo shoots, 1 auto from each guest and the talks I'm more than happy with the price. Having day ticket prices as well means that people can just buy what they want as well.

I do understand that the prices are high for those who don't have a lot of free cash but costs have to be covered and if you want lots of guests it's going to cost. The negativity and people solely focusing on the 5 VIP tickets is frustrating though.

• Like 1

I was unsure at first but having been given my gold ticket as a birthday present and having seen the price list I feel it's been a very good choice, that plus the fact that I won't have to stress out about fighting to be online tomorrow at 7pm!!

• Like 2

I was unsure at first but having been given my gold ticket as a birthday present and having seen the price list I feel it's been a very good choice, that plus the fact that I won't have to stress out about fighting to be online tomorrow at 7pm!!

Couldn't agree more! I upgraded to gold for £295 and I've just been doing a "what if...?" exercise.

I've added up the cost of weekend entry, the individual costs of the photo shoots and all the talks on the main stage, based on the info we have so far.... it comes to £454! And that's before we get to any autographs, pre-assigned or not.

This is turning into quite a bargain :clap:

• Like 3

I do think the Gold Package is good value for money, would have gone for Platinum but sadly couldn't afford that.

Its good to have 12 photoshoots days confirmed today and I do hope that we will also be able to get photoshoot with Steven, Sue, Danny and Arwel as well to complete the set.

• Like 3

THANK YOU for this thread.

I started out with the basic pass for the weekend and upgraded to gold once I bought my plane ticket to flail across the ocean to get there. It was definitely my best decision aside from initially deciding to go.

A massive shoutout from an international fan--this process has been painless for me, and the communication has been fantastic on every aspect of social media when I've had questions. If anyone has a problem with the price, don't go. Simple as that.

This convention offers so many opportunities a typical con in my area doesn't, and as someone who's barely spent a cent on meeting/interacting/staring awkwardly guests from a distance in my life, I dropped dollars like I was rolling in it. (I'm not, lolololol)

Thank you, various humans responsible.

• Like 4

I've got gold as well, and I can't wait :smile::dance: If people could just grasp the idea of a hotel con that couldn't fit in a hotel, and is instead a hotel con crossed with a signing show, it really would make everyone's lives so much easier ;)

• Like 1

I've got gold as well, and I can't wait :smile::dance: If people could just grasp the idea of a hotel con that couldn't fit in a hotel, and is instead a hotel con crossed with a signing show, it really would make everyone's lives so much easier ;)

It's a slightly weird hybrid, isn't it? but with the number of people wanting to attend such an event, what could the organizers do?

I shall make sure I'm wearing sensible footwear, for all the running between talks/photos/autos!

• Like 1

I agree with everything that's been said above. Of course such an event is going to cost money - but considering what one is getting for the package prices, I think it's great value. My platinum ticket guarantees that I get to meet all the guests twice, hear all the great talks, go to two parties, see fascinating exhibitions, and come away with photos, autos and a goodie bag. I couldn't ask for more! And for me at least, the ticket buying process was straightforward and worked well - dare I say that all that was needed was to follow the instructions on the website to get it right first time...

I'm very excited to be attending my first ever convention, and grateful to Showmasters/ ME for putting on such a brilliant event!

• Like 3

I agree with everything that's been said above. Of course such an event is going to cost money - but considering what one is getting for the package prices, I think it's great value. My platinum ticket guarantees that I get to meet all the guests twice, hear all the great talks, go to two parties, see fascinating exhibitions, and come away with photos, autos and a goodie bag. I couldn't ask for more! And for me at least, the ticket buying process was straightforward and worked well - dare I say that all that was needed was to follow the instructions on the website to get it right first time...

I'm very excited to be attending my first ever convention, and grateful to Showmasters/ ME for putting on such a brilliant event!

INSTRUCTIONS?

Get out of here with that logic! ;)

(Even when I didn't do it exactly correctly, it emailed to tell me I didn't, and to fix it.)

• Like 2