Anyone remember...

It all seems pretty quiet at the moment, no new announcements and the shop closes this Friday.

Now that I am able to make this event as previous family commitment is no longer there, I just need one or two cracking guests to make the journey worthwhile.

So if you are listening at Showmasters Towers, how about trying to get Linda Hamilton and Sherilyn Fenn to MK after they had to cancel their last appearances at the LFCC.

• Like 2

Just looked at my post for Collectormania 20 last year and it made very different reading to this year:

So my list is as follows:

Lance Henriksen - Photo Shoot and Auto from Terminator
David Bradley - Photo Shoot and Auto as The Doctor from Adventures in Space and Time (hopefully)
Lew Temple - Auto from Halloween
Billy Dee Williams - Photo Shoot only
Judy Geeson and Bruce Davison - Lords of Salem DVD
Scout Taylor Compton - Photo Shoot and Halloween Autos (Probably the DVD that is also signed by Danielle Harris)
Mark Strickson - Auto
Stephen Thorne - Auto
Peter Purves - Auto
Stewart Bevan and Katy Manning - The Green Death DVD
Larry Holmes and Earnie Shavers - Photo Shoot and hopefully a joint image if there is one

And if I have much time after that, maybe Jon Amos on a Coming to America picture !

• Like 1

Totally agree! i thought last weeks london show was fairly decent, i met ralph macchio colin salmon and tracy lords and had a great weekend with my sister, this however is the total opposite, no guest at all appeals to me so unless there are a handful or great guests i wont be going. i agree though that i personally feel that with all the shows they are doing now and the new smaller shows they keep adding...like the sheffield con, which was fun, it seems like they are taking on too much and maybe should focus on growing a couple of the shows a couple of times a year, instead of having so many spread out over the year with repeat guests.

There were some great guests last weekend at the LFCC Winter. To be honest I would have just turned up for that one to meet Ralph Macchio. :smile:

Collectormania 22 is looking a little sparse, although would agree for those that haven't met her Amanda Tapping is a decent guest.

I'm sure so many events is actually starting to have an impact now though, both in terms of the time the Showmasters staff have to work on them but also it does feel like the guests are getting spread pretty thinly.

I've missed only a handful of Collectormania shows since the very beginning and that was normally because of a family commitment for example. At the moment, it is the first time I am available to go and may not. So this genuinely is a first for me.

• Like 2

Only ever been to MK once and that was for the last CM event and it was an awesome day out, love the fact its free to enter.

Had amazing guests too so can only echo what everyone else has already said, I have only heard of 2 guests this time around and I've already met them and I usually don't meet guests more than once unless there is another reason for me go to the event, which unfortunately for this event there isn't :thumbdown:

COME ON SM!! more guests please! get Tom Baker and any of the Sherlock cast please :clap:

Well Jason has said he has thing in the pipeline. Guests come along like buses, not at all then all at once so I'm going to change my mood round and be positive.

Maybe so, we will see but it's all rather late for some people to make travel arrangements, book hotels, budget etc if it's guests they want to see. So last minute isn't very helpful to many. I know you can only announce when things are signed and some many not know availability until nearer the time but it's unusual for things to be left this late so I fully understand peoples concerns.

• Like 3

Since the other topics have been locked, and if I made a guest suggestion thread it would probably be moved to the general guest suggestion page, I thought I'd post this here.

Who would people personally like to see at this specific show? I've already said that Tommy Atkins or any of the Halloween cast would be a good tie-in to Halloween night. I'd also love any other John Carpenter horror guests for the same reason. The Fog, Prince of Darkness, The Thing.

Never thought I'd say this given his regularity, but I hope Kenny Baker comes and we get the Time Bandits trio shoot. That would be so incredibly unique.

Would be great to see Dermot Crowley return and perhaps put on a joint General Madine / Mon Mothma photo-shoot on the Sunday?

Oh and anyone from Gotham or The Strain would be good, since those have just launched in the UK.

Is there anyone else you think would be good for this specific show?

Edited by Zagreus