Signed items

Raylenth

lool QS, I had some issues last year at Heathrow airport. My handbag and the cam-bag has been too much I've been told. I went for a cheap solution... asked for a plastic bag in a shop nearby, put both bags in and went back to security check. They were highly annoyd, but had no reason to send me away again :dance: Since then I'm always equipped with a neat plastic bag.

A handbag and a camera bag being refused? :o Oh my god. I always end up at explosives check with mine, that's annoying enough. :lol:

I got the royal random feelup in flying out of Toronto last year. that was amazing.

I mean weird.

It was weird.

Totally weird.

I got a great pic the other day of Rupert Graves for signing.

Just need to track down a few more over the coming weeks. There seems to be some good options around as well for Andrew Scott, but some of the actors who are only in the one episode are proving a bit more tricky !

For the most part I'll be going with the pictures you can get in the line at the show for individual sigs and the A3 pictures from Sherlock you can get that I'll get the cast to all sign. I like to have cast signed posters so I can frame them and put them up. I don't display the individual pics as I don't have enough room.

• Like 1

I finally just bought a long large frame that holds 5 photos at the dollar store, so I'm going to do my own vector illustrations and get those signed. That way, it's part artwork and part auto, and not too huge on wallspace or to carry in a book. :)

• Like 1

I was thinking of getting everyone to sign a book, too, but I'd really like something signed by Benedict that I can put up in my office (which is a bit of a Sherlock shrine as it's the only room in the house that I don't have to share with my long-suffering and very indulgent husband!) - but will I regret that his auto is missing from the book? Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

Yes, that is the trouble with only being able to get the one auto from Benedict. I'd love to get a pic of him signed but I really want to have my book signed by as many of the cast as possible so that's why I'm going with the book. :) I have yet to think what on earth I'll say to him :P

Yes, that is the trouble with only being able to get the one auto from Benedict. I'd love to get a pic of him signed but I really want to have my book signed by as many of the cast as possible so that's why I'm going with the book. :) I have yet to think what on earth I'll say to him :P

I have the same sort of quandary. I have a Sherlock poster for signatures, so after the con, the poster would have almost everyone involved in the show EXCEPT my absolute favourite, Martin. OR I have a photo of Martin and Ben, that I got Martin to sign last year at stage door that I could get Ben to sign. But if I do that, I either have a poster with everyone but the two stars, or a whole bunch of individual pictures signed.

Has it been confirmed somewhere that you can only get 1 of BCs auto? it'll probably be the case though I guess considering how busy he will be

I did plan on getting all the cast to sign a poster as well as a single picture that get supplied by the event but if this is the case then I'm not really sure might just get a poster signed and hope to get Martin eventually and those not on 1 item sign rule to sign single pictures as well as poster hmm..

I have the same sort of quandary. I have a Sherlock poster for signatures, so after the con, the poster would have almost everyone involved in the show EXCEPT my absolute favourite, Martin. OR I have a photo of Martin and Ben, that I got Martin to sign last year at stage door that I could get Ben to sign. But if I do that, I either have a poster with everyone but the two stars, or a whole bunch of individual pictures signed.

I think we all have the same issue. I prefer cast signed posters as I intend to frame the ones I have and can put them all up. Ben has done other conventions, so it's not impossible that he might do others - you never know, Showmasters might be able to get him for LFCC or Collectormania as a Diamond guest in the future so there is always the possibility of getting a cast picture finished - the problem is though do you go on the hope you'll be able to get something finished in the future or get everything on one item now.

The other problem I have is that all of the available official Sherlock pictures they are either A3 and therefore quite small for a lot of signatures ( I really don't want them to look crowded and messy with the essence of the picture ruined or the sigs having to be all squashed together) or none of the large ones take my fancy. I.f I'm going to put it up I don't want a picture that I don't really like just because it was big enough.

I think I'm going to end up with 1 picture just for Ben (no issues of a small squashed signature then) and I'll buy extra auto's from the main cast and get 1 cast signed A3 (minus Ben) and get only the main lot on a 3rd.

However the issue I have with that plan is that the picture I bought that has enough room on it for a cast picture only has Ben pictured on it (I couldn't find any Ben/Martin ones that had enough space) and I think it might look a bit odd without his on it :unsure:

Ideally I would like a A2 picture that just had the title ident on it so it's not person specific and has lots of space. I'm hoping that there may be something on one of the stands at the event that might be suitable.

It's so hard to pick as I want it to be as perfect as possible!

Has it been confirmed somewhere that you can only get 1 of BCs auto? it'll probably be the case though I guess considering how busy he will be

I did plan on getting all the cast to sign a poster as well as a single picture that get supplied by the event but if this is the case then I'm not really sure might just get a poster signed and hope to get Martin eventually and those not on 1 item sign rule to sign single pictures as well as poster hmm..

Hi Sassy, yes it is official that we will only be able to get 1 auto from Ben.

Hi Sassy, yes it is official that we will only be able to get 1 auto from Ben.

Bah was hoping to buy additional autos ah well makes sense really as I previously stated has it been mentioned somewhere that you can only get 1 auto and no additional autos from BC? as unless I'm missing it or blind (probably the latter lol) I cant see it having been said anywhere

Thanks for the reply

Nevermind, it was in the website Faq I just didn't remember seeing it when I last read it. ah well whatever makes sense lol

Edited by Sassy1988

The FAQ says:

Benedict Cumberbatch’s in-person autograph will only be available to those with Platinum and VIP packages, no in-person autographs with Benedict will be sold on the day. We have limited his autograph time to allow as many people to see him as possible during his appearance with talks and photo shoots. We aren’t allowing multiples to be bought because we’d rather allow more people to meet him for a single autograph than allowing the few to get multiples

I think we all have the same issue. I prefer cast signed posters as I intend to frame the ones I have and can put them all up. Ben has done other conventions, so it's not impossible that he might do others - you never know, Showmasters might be able to get him for LFCC or Collectormania as a Diamond guest in the future so there is always the possibility of getting a cast picture finished - the problem is though do you go on the hope you'll be able to get something finished in the future or get everything on one item now.

Problem with that is the $1,500 it costs me to fly over for anything. And while I like Benedict, I'm really a Martin fan. So unless they get Benedict for the US convention, this is pretty likely to be my one chance to meet him/ get his autograph.

Edited by jhw
  • Like 1

It's so hard to decide what to do. In your case my recommendation would be that as you have Martin on one I'd suggest finishing that. If you can go to the US Sherlocked there may be another chance for them both to complete the poster, but if not at least you'd have them both together one one.

I haven't been lucky enough to get Martin yet - he had to leave straight away the night I was at Richard III, and I got Ben but not Martin at the final Hobbit premier. I'm currently leaning towards getting Ben to sign a cast picture rather than one with just him on it. I got a few auto's at the Hobbit prem on nice heavy stock white card that I am going to get framed when I can find a decent small Five Armies picture to illustrate it with, so I'll have Ben up on that. If I get him to sign a picture on it's own I won't a have room for it to go up along with a cast picture.

• Like 1

Problem with that is the $1,500 it costs me to fly over for anything. And while I like Benedict, I'm really a Martin fan. So unless they get Benedict for the US convention, this is pretty likely to be my one chance to meet him/ get his autograph.

I honestly find it awesome that we're all Martin fans.

<3

Think Lou will sign my boobs?

A handbag and a camera bag being refused? :o Oh my god. I always end up at explosives check with mine, that's annoying enough. :lol:

I got the royal random feelup in flying out of Toronto last year. that was amazing.

I mean weird.

It was weird.

Totally weird.

I mean weird.

It was weird.

Totally weird.

A lot depends on which airline they're using - there was a bit of a joke going on round about the budget air lines at one point that you had to pay for everything including using the toilet. A lot though also depends on the check in gate staff as well. Few years back I was flying back to England from Dublin at the beginning of November. It had been raining all day so naturally I had an umbrella with me (collapsible type). The check in desk said I couldn't take it as it could be used as a weapon. Security gate staff when I mentioned it to them said they'd have allowed it through.