ARE THE CROWDS AS BUSY AT GLASGOW AS THEY ARE ELSEWHERE?

Just to get a little feedback as I'm coming from Aberdeen, do the regulars feel that this event is as busy as other events such as the Newcastle event and the London Film event?

I went a couple of years ago and my daughter and I arrived for 11am and walked straight in. We where not there last year.

Should we arrive earlier and pre-book tickets?

It depends on the guest list. Robert Englund and Eve Myles last year pulled in big photoshoot queues. So far from what's been announced this year I don't see queues being so much of a concern. There is still 1 1/2 months though for more to be revealed.

This event is getting busier every year. I had just been buying tickets at the door but last year I got caught out and missed the Robert Englund talk on the Saturday. This year I will pre-order my tickets and leave the house a bit earlier.

if you have pre-ordered your ticket, (i have an early entry weekend ticket) what does that mean for queueing? i assumed it to mean i wouldn't need to queue that much to get in? ie. if i arrived in time for doors i'd be in relatively quickly.

if you have pre-ordered your ticket, (i have an early entry weekend ticket) what does that mean for queueing? i assumed it to mean i wouldn't need to queue that much to get in? ie. if i arrived in time for doors i'd be in relatively quickly.

I think you que in a separate line and wait till the time the doors open (can't remember it from the top of my head) ;)

I think you que in a separate line and wait till the time the doors open (can't remember it from the top of my head) ;)

aye, but what i mean is... do a lot of people tend to buy these tickets, so i could be in the early entry queue to get in still hours after doors open if i don't arrive earlier than early entry.

what i want to know is, does early entry guarantee everyone with those tickets are in before the doors open for the standard entry, i suppose?

The arena isn't as big as the more well known events, this is much more of a smaller event though as said before last year we had an unexpected surge as we had a good number of highly popular guests. We have a few names that will draw in some crowds though not sure it's quite at the level as before (personally I doubt they sadly can really accommodate the space for the really big names)

I've never felt the need to pre-book tickets, I arrive for the early bird tickets if there's someone I really want to meet plus it gives you a bit extra time to check out the stalls before it gets busier (typically the majority come after the ticket prices goes down around 11/12, generally it dies down a bit again around 2/3).

Even last year for the really busy time I had plenty of chance to get all the bigger guests pre-empting the fact the crowds would die down enough. If your willing to hang around the whole day like I always do it gives you all the time you need to see all the guests, talks, stalls, photoshoots and cosplays.

It was quite busy last year but nothing on the lines of Newcastle or the Comic con, which I have been present at. Have to say that Glasgow is friendlier and has a lot more atmosphere if I compare to the others. Still my favourite if truth be told. If you decide to come you will enjoy it.

• Like 1

I was in the first 10 in the queue sat and sun last year. It's a small event compared to all the others. It's in the arena so just the size of an ice-hockey pitch (is it a pitch if its ice? dunno) Also it will never attract the bigger overseas guests that London events will so that keeps number lower.

So if you get there early (1 hr or so before opening) you can get in, see all the guests and browse all the stalls before the large crowds arrive. I was in there for probably 1-2 hours before I left to do some other stuff in Glasgow and when I left the queue was getting pretty big. So my advice..

1. go early

2. get a coffee (the entrance is near coffee shops and food outlets thankfully)

3. chat to people in the entry queue and get pics with cosplayers

4. get in and do your guest meeting and stall browsing

5. run away before the plebs arrive

If you have younger kids there is xscape which is just accorss the car park from braehead - has lots of kid friendly activities and an IMAX

Aye, Glasgow isn't going to have anywhere near the level of craziness that LFCC sees anytime soon, unless Showmasters decide to bring Stan Lee back for an encore or something similarly epic.

It's a lower-key, quieter event - To me, it's more about the punters than the special guests anyway. I go to hang out with costumers and geeks, and if there's a good guest or two on the bill, then that's a bonus!

Yeah, that's pretty much why we attend Glasgow! To see everyone we don't get to see on a regular basis.

This year though, as I say, it's only IF anyone we want is announced that we will go because I am off to edinburgh on sunday for an flight to good old Poland.

Of course knowing my luck someone I really want will go as a Sunday only guest haha.

So if you get there early (1 hr or so before opening) you can get in, see all the guests and browse all the stalls before the large crowds arrive. I was in there for probably 1-2 hours before I left to do some other stuff in Glasgow and when I left the queue was getting pretty big. So my advice..

1. go early

2. get a coffee (the entrance is near coffee shops and food outlets thankfully)

3. chat to people and get pics with cosplayers

4. Meet your guest choices and do some stall browsing

5. Feel free to leave and grab something to eat or get some other shopping in as well as see the professional costumers who mInly hang around just at the entrance.

6. Re-enter anytime you like as you'll have a stamp to show you have already paid to get in.

7. Most if not all guests have a free chat that anyone can attend for a chance to hear their experiences and for fans to ask any burning questions we might have.

8. If you haven't spent all your cash go to the auction and see if you can get your hands on some cool items from various programmes/films.

9. Hang around to the end and you'll get treated to the cosplay entries who go in one at a time or sometimes small groups to do a little fun "bit" some poses or whatever then get judged, whoever gets the best score wins a prize.

10. We sometimes have an (unofficial) after-party so you can end your geeky day of fun on a high.

Hope you don't mind, I improved your list slightly. Sure this is what you meant to say anyway!

Edited by Brian Cairns

Thanks for all the advice folks, I'm taking the wife and daughter, we've bought a family ticket for entry at 11 am. I'll just keep an eye on what time the photo sessions are for Bonnie Langford and Sophie Aldred, I may have to upgrade if they have photos in the morning.