George A Romero? (SO EXCITED!)

Hey!

So I'm a Comic-Con virgin this will be my first visit, and I was over the freakin moon to find that my favourite director, the legend, my friggin HERO is going to be there!! ( I cried for 20 minutes when I saw the announcement)

Anyway, I'll be bringing my book of dawn of the dead to get signed but since I'm a newbie I'm not sure how it works. Where do I buy tickets from? I've got early bird tickets, how early should I be there to get autograph tickets? And do you think that he'll let me snap a quick photo with him?

I actually feel sick I'm so excited to meet this guy, anyone else as excited as me!?!

Thanks for all replies!! Woohoo! GEORGE A FREAKING ROMERO!!

Edited by geekymegs
  • Like 6

When you arrive go straight in and get the Virtual Queue tickets for him, those are free to get. You only pay once you are in line. If you pay cash you pay at a table about half way down the autograph line. If you want to pay by card you need to go to the sales table to get vouchers.

Thank you :-D what do you think about being able to snap a quick photo with him?

Some guests do some don't see what signs there are by each guest table it should say but sometimes doesn't.

I hope he is one of the few who are more than happy to allow a photo, I don't understand why even those who have a very short line or no line cant do a photo.

One guest even looked sad that he wasn't alowing me to get a photo with him, its not like the professional setup they have else where. so i wish you the best of luck getting what you want in regards to a photo either way have an awesome day, it might be worth checking the desk early to book a photo the price is the same usualy as the autograph price.

Do I need to get there before 9 do you think?

That's a bit hard to answer. I think he'll be popular but not Carrie Fisher/Stan Lee popular I think. Do you have other guests to meet as well? Just remember that the earlier you get there the lower VT number you'll get for him.

In answer to the question of "photo at the desk" you'll only find that out on the day. As mentioned before some guests do & some don't. He may have done it before but that never guarantees he'll do it again. I found that out with Bernard Cribbens, he apparently used to do photos at the desk but because of an operation a month or so before he said to me he wasn't doing it this time around. I think some guests will have an agreement in place where for whatever reason/choice they don't do table photos.

The only way to guarantee the photo with the man is to buy the photoshoot. That's what I've done save taking any chances. Alas now the online shop has closed so you'll have to do this on the day.

When I met George a few years back he was happily posing at his desk for photos and there was a long line of visitors too.

As the other poster says though the only guaranteed way to get a photo is to go for a photo shoot.

Vqs? Would have thought you are fine to get there after 9am as he won't be mega busy like some of the other guests, though I suppose if he is doing desk photos, the earlier you get there the more likely you would be to have one, as the relaxed rules on this sort of thing tend to get not so relaxed as the day wears on!

Thank you for all the replies! LSM no I'm only meeting George. I'm travelling from Glasgow so my budget is quite limited, I would love to do the photo shoot too, but I think I'd prefer the autograph cause I know you can interact a little more with the guest and I really want to get a chance to tell him how much I love him :-D

I'll make sure that the first thing I do is go and get my ticket number!

I hope you guys have an awesome awesome day, thanks again for all the advice!

• Like 2

Thank you for all the replies! LSM no I'm only meeting George. I'm travelling from Glasgow so my budget is quite limited, I would love to do the photo shoot too, but I think I'd prefer the autograph cause I know you can interact a little more with the guest and I really want to get a chance to tell him how much I love him :-D

Whether you get an autograph or a photo is a really down to personal choice I know ( and that thing called money comes into the equation). For what its worth i have found after attending fairs etc for the last 20 years or so that I tend to look back far more at the photos than the autographs......... But I always remember the chats that I had with the guests ( Brian Blessed stills remains the one I most fondly remember!). If your budget allows definitely do both- I have already bought my photoshoot with Mr Romero and if money allows I would like to get his auto as well.

I hope the journey down south goes well and I hope you enjoy the day.

Hope you enjoy the day as well. As George is the only person you're after I would say getting there for when doors open would be fine.

As Anorak said, the autograph/photograph debate is always down to persona preference. For me if I'm meeting someone I want the autograph & the photo as well! I'm not too fussed if it's over the table or photoshoot. I was under the impression that George was a "no posed photos" guest. If he allows a table photo I'll get that as well. :thumbup:

Yeah LSM I would love the photoshoot, but the interaction I would get with him tips the scale for me. He is my 'dream dinner party's guest, so I'd love a moment just to tell him I worship him :-D I really hope he does allow a quick snap, I don't mind about the quality like you said it would be great!

And thank you anorak, I'm heading down with my dad this trip is actually my birthday present to him, so he is getting the photo shoot with Stan Lee, which he is a TAD excited about! Who are you guys meeting?

George is on my list but I've also got Carrie Fisher, John Hurt, Stan Lee, Al Snow, Paul Freeman, Diana Muldaur & Terry Farrell to meet. There's other on my "maybe pile" but that will depend on money & time as I'm only going to be there Saturday.

Someone mentioned in another thread that this is the last U.K or European visit for George. If so, you've picked the right time to start going to these conventions.

Hey!

So I'm a Comic-Con virgin this will be my first visit, and I was over the freakin moon to find that my favourite director, the legend, my friggin HERO is going to be there!! ( I cried for 20 minutes when I saw the announcement)

Anyway, I'll be bringing my book of dawn of the dead to get signed but since I'm a newbie I'm not sure how it works. Where do I buy tickets from? I've got early bird tickets, how early should I be there to get autograph tickets? And do you think that he'll let me snap a quick photo with him?

I actually feel sick I'm so excited to meet this guy, anyone else as excited as me!?!

Thanks for all replies!! Woohoo! GEORGE A FREAKING ROMERO!!

I think the others have answered your questions, but having met George a couple of times, you won't be disappointed, he is a lovely guy, great to meet. I hope you enjoy your day.

Travelling down from Glasgow here too, and I have a photo booked with Mr. Romero on the Friday, so I hope your journey goes ok and the meeting with him goes even better. I've heard he is really fan friendly so it should be good, it's my first time meeting him too :)

• Like 1

Travelling down from Glasgow here too, and I have a photo booked with Mr. Romero on the Friday, so I hope your journey goes ok and the meeting with him goes even better. I've heard he is really fan friendly so it should be good, it's my first time meeting him too :)

Yes, he is very fan friendly, chatty, and accommodating. I've met him 4 times and every time has been a pleasure; he's like a cuddly grandfather :D

I already have a photoshoot booked and plan to get a 2 or 3 items signed. I'm treating this opportunity as my last, unless he comes back for a film festival appearance - but you never know!

• Like 1

Wow wow wow wow wow hold the fort right here, you can get more than one thing signed by him!?!!?!!!! REALY!??!!

:thumbup:

Oh yes. As Queen said you're paying per signature and once you eventually go in you can get up to 5 items signed. If things have slowed down for his queue they MIGHT let you get more signed (again a charge per signature) if you want more.

Glad you got a nice surprise with this. :thumbup:

I've met George before years ago, seemed very genuine and friendly. Got a 10x8 signed which looks great but very slightly some of the silver sharpie ink has come off so I've always wanted another chance to meet him to get something else signed. Looking for a decent priced original dawn of the dead poster, and I'm really hoping he will allow a photo at the desk that will be a nice bonus!