Guest Cancellation - Sean Maher

Sean was announced before the new system was implemented, so a lot of the orders are still on the old system and have to be done manually. LFACC is the last event which has a mixture of orders if I remember correctly, for all other coming events it is the automatic system. I'm trying to get a status update on the Sean refunds, please bear with me there.

Also can we please keep it friendly in here? I understand the frustration (Sean was on my meet list too and it's been at least 4 times he cancelled on me now), but some of these comments were a little over the top. Everyone understand you are disppointed and you are welcome to voice this, but once it gets personal those comments will be removed.

Sean was announced before the new system was implemented, so a lot of the orders are still on the old system and have to be done manually. LFACC is the last event which has a mixture of orders if I remember correctly, for all other coming events it is the automatic system. I'm trying to get a status update on the Sean refunds, please bear with me there.

lets hope its not another 6 month wait then! could have sworn all my LFCC orders were on the new payment system, im hoping its done before LFCC, which would only benefit SM, more money for punters to spend with them at LFCC.

The new system only started on April 1. I can't recall when Sean's tickets went on sale, but it was definitely before April.

You're definitely right about Sean tickets being on sale before WorldPay came into effect.

On my confirmation e-mail it doesn't have WorldPay in the payment section like some of my latest purchases do.

Edited by bonniesrg

I still don't understand why you don't get them to sign a contract to appear which you can hold them to. It's work after all. Why should they be allowed to choose another job in preference to one that has already been booked?

I still don't understand why you don't get them to sign a contract to appear which you can hold them to. It's work after all. Why should they be allowed to choose another job in preference to one that has already been booked?

Are you serious? No-one would ever sign a contract like that. Their acting roles come first, it's how they make a living. If they were to turn down work because they had a convention appearance booked, how many roles do you really think they'd be offered in future? They'd just offer things to people who were available, they'd be messing up their own career potentially.

• Moderators

Because no guest would sign such a contract. Their job is acting (or directing, etc). Conventions are a sideline, as much as they may enjoy doing them. Taking acting jobs is rather more likely to keep them in MORE acting jobs than doing a convention. And that's not even considering that often convention appearances get cancelled not because of a NEW acting job, but because of filming schedule changes on acting jobs they already have.

Edited by etmuse

The new system only started on April 1. I can't recall when Sean's tickets went on sale, but it was definitely before April.

i ordered mine 5th may and it was done through world pay, STILL no refund, isnt world pay meant to automatically refund when a guest cancels? though thinking about it how would that be possible when for example my order that had sean had about 6 other guests in also, so surely it must still have to be done manually?

So far the system went this way . Store looks up order 1: 2 Sean tickets, Tesco Visa number whatever. They grab terminal, do refund on these details. Order 2: no Sean tickets, move on. Order 3: 5 Sean tickets, Mastercard so and so. Enter transaction details to terminal, refund Mastercard so and so.

As far as I understood it now the "grab transaction and refund to each number" part is done automatic. I really don't know what needs to be done to kick it off. It is possible that mixed orders make a difference.

I ordered mine 5th may and it was done through world pay, STILL no refund, isnt world pay meant to automatically refund when a guest cancels? though thinking about it how would that be possible when for example my order that had sean had about 6 other guests in also, so surely it must still have to be done manually?

Worldpay can do part refunds on an order.

Okay guys, I have a small update:

Half of the Sean orders are on the old system and about half are on the new system.

Worldpay doesn't quite work as I (and from some of the posts I am not the only one) understood it. Each refund still has to be done individually, but it's all on the screen and not digging through all paperwork and then manually processing all refunds.

About 1/4 of the refunds are done so far and the rest should be done within the next couple of days.

Hope this info helps.

• Like 3

Because no guest would sign such a contract. Their job is acting (or directing, etc). Conventions are a sideline, as much as they may enjoy doing them. Taking acting jobs is rather more likely to keep them in MORE acting jobs than doing a convention. And that's not even considering that often convention appearances get cancelled not because of a NEW acting job, but because of filming schedule changes on acting jobs they already have.

offc they wont. But try next time to book Sean much closer to the event. The two times Ive seen him cancel he has been one of the first guests announced for the event like 9-10 months in advance. The chance of something coming up by that time is not unlikely...

Hopefully we will see him for another event :)

• Like 1

I haven't had refund either. I bought tickets on new system and got my John Ratzenberger tickets that were on same order refunded really quickly after he cancelled. I was sent an email about Ratzenberger refund a few days before money showed up in my bank. Hoping it doesn't take too much longer for Sean Maher refund to go through