Meet-ups?

I am too scared of meeting new unknown people :o But I guess I could say hi to some people before the show while we wait in the queue. Having dinner/lunch with weird people (no ofense) is always fun. All those "civilians" with their strange looks, fun :D See you there in three weeks ;)

Edited by RadkaKoh

• Moderators

We're all cool :D

To be honest, I'm pretty shy too, which is why I always make sure I talk to people online first. I don't like introducing myself in person to new people or whatever, but it's far easier if you've already been chatting :)

We're all cool :D

To be honest, I'm pretty shy too, which is why I always make sure I talk to people online first. I don't like introducing myself in person to new people or whatever, but it's far easier if you've already been chatting :)

Exactly. Few years ago we had this small meeting with few guys from stargate forum. We were chatting there for few years so when we finally met it was much easier and much more comfortable for me :) Because of them I am visiting our summer festival of fantasy for years now and it's their fault I am visiting LFCC :D.

So this is my second event like this, my first was this past May at the this show Comic Con. I had a great time but would have been cool to talk with some people with similar interests either before/during/after.

I'm what you would consider a closet nerd and am only just now getting into the scene of attending/discussing. I plan to attend all 3 days...would be open to meet up/talk to/or just say hi to anyone! I will be joining the FB group soon.

If anybody is staying at the premier inn olympia (the one near the big tesco) be sure to visit freddy mercuries old house as it is pretty much around the back. It wont take much internet searching to find it :)

Never knew that and I used to stay at the Easy Hotel down from Tesco when I used to be working at shows at Olympia. That said I was born and bred in London so you would think I would know these things.

• Like 1

Personally I'd love to say yes but I think from my list I'm probably going to be too busy to do a fixed meet up but happy to chat to anyone who grabs me in person. That said I've semi-arranged to meet up with at least one forum member and we've agreed a coded phrase :uhoh:

By the way, I'm at the premier inn kensington olympia if anyone is lazy like me and fancies getting a taxi to save time haha. It's efficient!

We are staying there :). Stayed there last year. We will walk to the event though. Looking forward to walking down the road on the Sunday looking like She hulk :thumbup:

• Like 1

By the way, I'm at the premier inn kensington olympia if anyone is lazy like me and fancies getting a taxi to save time haha. It's efficient!

Me too buddy, and I've also considered getting a taxi to save time haha. Will keep an eye out for ya.

• Like 1

Me too buddy, and I've also considered getting a taxi to save time haha. Will keep an eye out for ya.

Sure! I will most likely be notable by my tshirts :smile:

• Like 1

I thought I'd create a Facebook group for anyone who is interested, then we could create a couple of events in it if people are interested in theme-specific meets or general ones etc

Its https://www.facebook.com/groups/657619324315808/

Yay this sounds so amazing! Definitely want to meet people if I have the time!! Sended the request for the network yesterday