Spend spend spend..

As we all know these events can be very expensive for us attendees, especially if your like me and attending all weekend. Im interested to know, NOT including the money you would spend on the autographs/photoshoots, but what do you guys normally spend on all the merch stalls? do you have a certain 'wants' you look for and buy nothing else, do you just take as much as possible and blow it on collectables etc? or are you very selective and just buy here and there and not go back for things that you were not sure about.

whats your spending habits at the shows??

me personally i spent alot on prints and art at the winter show, some funko pop figures too. i do regret not getting some of the star wars black series 6" figures when i saw them as i was trying to be a little caution with my funds last time as i wanted alot more autographs.

this show so far im just looking at 2 guests SO far, so i maybe ill have more in the 'toy kitty' lol

I spend a small fortune I will usually by a photo with a guest and an 8x10 to go with it, sometimes I get items like DVDs and posters signed too, last year I spent around £700 on autos and similar on photos

Wow impressive! I would be in the same boat tbh if my wife wasn't there to stop me :P haha

This will be my first time...I'm not going for photo's or Autos unless there are some Doctor Who guests on the saturday. I thought I'd budget myself £10 for food and £40 spending money. That is maximum. As I don't know what to expect. And when I say budget...I mean budget once its gone its gone.*

Actually thats something I wondered...do you haggle at the stalls or just pay the price?

*That's exclusive of the entrance fee and train ticket cost.

Edited by LadyDeTemps
  • Like 1

I must say I do very well in not buying any non autograph/photoshoot merchandise. I rarely buy anything from the merch stalls as for me they all have that "samey" type of feel. Also, once you've been to a few events you find that the same stalls always there and that dilutes my browsing time. That being said, I do often stop by the massage ladies when they're there. Get a quick refresher before the next bout of running from one queue to another!!

• Like 1

It's rare for me to spend any money at all at the stalls, I've generally got no cash left after the autographs. I did have a little left after the last show due to a no show, and did spend that on a figure - only to then see it cheaper at another event the week after.

I always broswe the Blu-Ray if I get the chance, just find it hard to remember what cheap horror films I've already seen!

I always seem to come away with a fair bit, but tend to be quite canny and have a good look around the stalls first in case some are offering the same items for different prices, which often seems to be the case.

Amount varies though really, although the types of things I would buy would be 10x8s, other Prints, Comics, Action Figures , Books, Trading Cards and Binders, also love the American Sweets stall as well.

I might buy a few things early on, but tend to focus mainly on the guests until later in the day, so wouldn't tend to use the event to buy limited edition items in the main.

• Like 1

Yeah i spent a couple of hundred combined on photoshoots and autos at the winter show then maybe another hundred or 2 on the stalls...i saw plenty i wanted but held back. i ended up getting some cool art prints and yeah i saw the american sweet stall too so i 'had' to get a box of twinkies lol. Overal there was a few things i would have liked to have got, as mentioned some of the star wars black series 6" figures and some larger pieces.

As for haggling, there was a few things on some stalls i wanted so wished i had give a go at getting the price down alittle, maybe give it a go next time if im feeling brave lol :)

• Showmasters Admin

Especially on anything £50+ I'd suggest making an offer if you don't want to pay the ticket price.

As long as you're not insulting with your offer (don't offer something silly like less than 50%) I don't ever see an issue with asking if a dealer will take a little less. It might be they're happy to get the sale and will come down a bit, and if not, they'll just say no.

And again if it's late on Sunday, you can make them an "I'll take it home instead of you having to put it back in your van" offer! ;o)

• Like 1

And again if it's late on Sunday, you can make them an "I'll take it home instead of you having to put it back in your van" offer! ;o)

I can imagine a lot of people staying late on Sunday with their 'best offers'. I might even be staying late myself ;) Edited by 18blue78
  • Like 1

Ive noticed that too...i saw somethings i wanted at the winter show but saw them cheaper on the online store lol which was a shame as i enjoy making purchases at the actual shows

There's sometimes times where dealers have websites and actually they're charging more on the stall, so I'll generally haggle them to at least web prices :P

Ive noticed that too...i saw somethings i wanted at the winter show but saw them cheaper on the online store lol which was a shame as i enjoy making purchases at the actual shows

There's sometimes times where dealers have websites and actually they're charging more on the stall, so I'll generally haggle them to at least web prices :P

Haggling tip 25; Ask dealer if they 'Price Match'.
  • Like 1