Cosplay

Zonic

Will be my second attempt at cosplay, first got lots of nice comments, probably not doing too much just an iron man T-Shirt like he wears in the movie, stark stickers on the wheelchair and the beard, would love to do more but can't really make my own costume and the chair makes off the shelf stuff awkward.

• Like 2

Hey everyone! Thanks LadyDeTemps for pointing me to this post! I'll most likely cosplay the Eighth Doctor (you can see my costume on my blog), and my hubby will possibly cosplay the Fourth... I just need to make sure I'll finish his costume on time, that scarf is taking forever to knit!! And we'd love to take part in the group shoot! (I joined the FB event, btw...)

I *might* also cosplay Peggy Carter from CA:TFA on Sunday, but again, it all depends if I manage to finish on time.

Not daring enough yet to enter the cosplay competition :no:

That's awesome, more the merrier. What I'll do is get all the people whom are with you to take photos and then that way we've got a copy each :). Also, I wanna point out that what I said to ladydetemps was accurate.

Should you have an autograph being signed or in the line for a photoshoot, or even having something to eat, then we can wait for you guys to get there instead of saying "oh we'll do one photo now and another one when they all get here!" - I'll be in my 11th doctor cosplay on saturday obviously xD, but I'll be waiting by the doors with my mom for you guys.

I think for a group pic could have the caption..."The Doctor....but not the one you were expecting" ;)

Only jacket and gaiters to make now...

• Like 1

Excuse my sillyness for asking but is cosplay seperate from the comic con? do people walk around with costumes on and can you awkwardly say to some can i have a picture with you please?

And btw i seen pics and videos and think everybodies costumes are amazing

Excuse my sillyness for asking but is cosplay seperate from the comic con? do people walk around with costumes on and can you awkwardly say to some can i have a picture with you please?

And btw i seen pics and videos and think everybodies costumes are amazing

Yea, you can get photos of people in cosplays, but make sure you ask em first.

Oh yeah you gotta ask people for pictures. Do u have to pay seperate for cosplay.

No. You only pay for the event. The cosplayers are all people like you and me - except they're wearing a costume!

• Like 2

Oh if I could charge for a picture of me in cosplay that would give me more money to spend that weekend.

There are some people who cosplay in really impressive looking stuff and they raise money for charity. But they don't demand money or anything just have a bucket with them to collect the money.

This woman that we saw last year was very popular, but she looks like Anne Hathaway! myself and my wife did a double take when we first saw her, she looked so much like her.

1016673_10152995038685788_808974662_n.jp

• Like 1

I've got a pretty awesome Dexter Morgen outfit (his kill outfit), but not sure if it's really appropriate for a Comic Con? I generally go to these things in regular clothing...

That sounds awesome! Big fan of Dexter, please dress up and we will pester you for a photo!

Me and my best mate will be an anna and elsa duo :-)

• Like 1

well my Jedi Punzie cosplay has arrived, cannot wait to debut it at LFCC!!!

here's what it'll look like on the sunday -

Cool. Will you be adding extensions and plaiting them for long repunzle hair or going for repunzle after hair cut?

My cosplays are going ok. Looks like I'll only be doing 2 this year though.

Those being:

Bane (comic book version) got most of the bits, just need to create a backpack/harness for the Venom

Cable (X-Men) this is the one I need to work lots on, do the arm, mod the gun, get all the harnesses and pouches done.

My girlfriend will be doing Lady Deadpool (Fri and Sat) and she's also doing Avengers: Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch (from the concept art and on set pictures we've seen)

Gonna be a fun weekend, if you see us about, come and say hello :)

Love seeing everyone's progress photos-I'm hoping to take some once I've finished Uni and can actually work on my costumes!

Also, question, has anyone ever worked with lacefront wigs before? My Daenerys wig is a lacefront and I've never used one before!

Love seeing everyone's progress photos-I'm hoping to take some once I've finished Uni and can actually work on my costumes!

Also, question, has anyone ever worked with lacefront wigs before? My Daenerys wig is a lacefront and I've never used one before!

Not heard of a lacefront wig before...

Oh, here is my jacket...sleeves basted in. I still need to add facing and lining then do the buttons and hem.

Oh, here is my jacket...sleeves basted in. I still need to add facing and lining then do the buttons and hem.

Lacefronts basically have a lace front (as the name suggests :P) that you cut and then attach to your head to give you a more natural/realistic looking hairline. The one I bought is this one from Arda Wigs: http://arda-wigs.com/products/matilda

And your jacket's looking awesome!

Lacefronts basically have a lace front (as the name suggests :P) that you cut and then attach to your head to give you a more natural/realistic looking hairline. The one I bought is this one from Arda Wigs: http://arda-wigs.com/products/matilda

And your jacket's looking awesome!

Thanks. I;ve sewn the collar on wrong way and had to redo the sleeves...but I think Its nearly there now. lol!

Just did a quick search and there's several how to videos on youtube if you look for them :)

• Like 1

Hi guys I've got a question regarding cosplay. I'm thinking of bringing a costume/prop (depending on price of transport). Its a Dalek but I don't want to be in him all day and I don't want to be stuck looking after him (stopping people touching etc) so just wondering if anyone knows if there is an area that he could be put into to stop people getting at him while I wander/get autographs etc. Id love to bring all 3 that I have but just not enough friends to assist!!! lol.

Thanks Luke

Hi guys I've got a question regarding cosplay. I'm thinking of bringing a costume/prop (depending on price of transport). Its a Dalek but I don't want to be in him all day and I don't want to be stuck looking after him (stopping people touching etc) so just wondering if anyone knows if there is an area that he could be put into to stop people getting at him while I wander/get autographs etc. Id love to bring all 3 that I have but just not enough friends to assist!!! lol.

Thanks Luke

Yeah I'd e-mail Showmasters about this, if it's a full-sized Dalek! They have places to store bags etc but you'll need somewhere larger- I'm sure they'll be able to help you out if you email :)

Yeah its a full size Dalek with all the bells and whistles!!! I've sent them an email but not sure if I'm getting replies as I had problems with account verification emails not arriving. Guess I will wait and see.

• Like 1