Cosplay

Zonic

Great looking cosplays so far, folks. We're looking forward to this LFCC being the best for cosplay yet.

Please remember, any questions you have regarding cosplay, don't hesitate to email us on cosplay@animeleague.com

Finally, expect several big announcements over the next few weeks as we confirm our cosplay guests, events and lineup. It's going to be bigger and better than ever this year, so get ready! First announcement to come this Sunday where we shall confirm our guests and provide the full lowdown on the Cosplay Masquerade and the all new Cosplay Championship that shall be run this year.

Great looking cosplays so far, folks. We're looking forward to this LFCC being the best for cosplay yet.

Please remember, any questions you have regarding cosplay, don't hesitate to email us on cosplay@animeleague.com

Finally, expect several big announcements over the next few weeks as we confirm our cosplay guests, events and lineup. It's going to be bigger and better than ever this year, so get ready! First announcement to come this Sunday where we shall confirm our guests and provide the full lowdown on the Cosplay Masquerade and the all new Cosplay Championship that shall be run this year.

How late can you sign up for the masquerade?

This is my first time at a con and I would love to cosplay...but I cannot sew and I lack any real type of creativity so does anyone have any advice on how I might be able to pull off a half decent outfit? I have looked at some sites that sell outfits and the cost is way out of my price range.

I can't sew for toffee, either - but I am a world-class bodger, and it's amazing how good something can look if you don't mind too much what the seams look like when you turn it inside out!

I've made some really impressive-looking outfits for my teenager (who loves cosplay) by buying stuff from charity shops and adapting it. That way, the basic structure of the clothing is well-made and sound (and is in wearable fabric, which isn't sometimes the case when you buy ready-made costumes), and they you can do your own thing with them. Eg: hobbit trousers from regular trousers, cut off and hemmed (badly, but the stiches show on the inside, so no problem!) You need to leave more time for this, so I just bought bits and pieces when I spotted the right thing, which made the eventual adaptations easier.

If you are using fake fur, it's amazingly forgiving of the giant running stitch.

The one thing which will make your life much, much easier is if you buy a decent pair of dressmaking scissors and write in sharpie "only to be used on fabric" on them.

If you want advice on how to put a particular outfit together for a character you particularly fancy, feel free to ask for suggestions!

11th doctor, was thinking of doing BBC Sherlock but I dont think it will be ideal in the summer. Its my first ever con and first time cosplaying too, so hopefully it all goes to plan.

As mentioned before if you come on the saturday in dr who cosplay come join the group. :)

I can't sew for toffee, either - but I am a world-class bodger, and it's amazing how good something can look if you don't mind too much what the seams look like when you turn it inside out!

I've made some really impressive-looking outfits for my teenager (who loves cosplay) by buying stuff from charity shops and adapting it. That way, the basic structure of the clothing is well-made and sound (and is in wearable fabric, which isn't sometimes the case when you buy ready-made costumes), and they you can do your own thing with them. Eg: hobbit trousers from regular trousers, cut off and hemmed (badly, but the stiches show on the inside, so no problem!) You need to leave more time for this, so I just bought bits and pieces when I spotted the right thing, which made the eventual adaptations easier.

If you are using fake fur, it's amazingly forgiving of the giant running stitch.

The one thing which will make your life much, much easier is if you buy a decent pair of dressmaking scissors and write in sharpie "only to be used on fabric" on them.

If you want advice on how to put a particular outfit together for a character you particularly fancy, feel free to ask for suggestions!

Just wanted to agree. If your not a confident sewer (and don't want to invest in a machine, lessons etc.) upcycling is an easy entry point...and if you can't sew get a hot glue gun. ;)

Dress making scissors and pinking shears...handy with fabric that unravels. ;)

This is going to be my first time attempting a cosplay, first time sewing even. Planning on being there on Sunday as a USO dancing girl from Captain America (it looked a fairly simple make... when I first decided on it, now I am nearly crying already!).

Having to wait for Pay Day before I purchase my sewing machine which is killing me because I just want to get started (and realise I have left it SUPER late to start with!).

So yeah, if you see a brightly coloured, slightly terrified girl walking round on Sunday come say hi!

• Like 1

This is going to be my first time attempting a cosplay, first time sewing even. Planning on being there on Sunday as a USO dancing girl from Captain America (it looked a fairly simple make... when I first decided on it, now I am nearly crying already!).

Having to wait for Pay Day before I purchase my sewing machine which is killing me because I just want to get started (and realise I have left it SUPER late to start with!).

So yeah, if you see a brightly coloured, slightly terrified girl walking round on Sunday come say hi!

If you need any help. Just ask I'm sure we can all offer advice. :)

If you do your 'fitting' or any fabric cutting out now (btw. pre wash fabric, saves shrinkage problems) then it will save you time and give you something to do while your waiting. Also with a new machine test it on scrap material first before you sew the real garment. Saves tears.

11th doctor, was thinking of doing BBC Sherlock but I dont think it will be ideal in the summer. Its my first ever con and first time cosplaying too, so hopefully it all goes to plan.

As mentioned before if you come on the saturday in dr who cosplay come join the group. :)

Aww man I'm only going on a Sunday so thats a bit of a shame, but if you see a very excited 11th doctor in a fez girl running around the convention feel free to say hi.

• Like 1

If you need any help. Just ask I'm sure we can all offer advice. :)

If you do your 'fitting' or any fabric cutting out now (btw. pre wash fabric, saves shrinkage problems) then it will save you time and give you something to do while your waiting. Also with a new machine test it on scrap material first before you sew the real garment. Saves tears.

We were planning on a test run with the pattern on whatever fabric we can find to get a good idea of how it all fits together (and to see if we need to alter the pattern at all). Thankfully for me my mum a) thinks my plan is hilarious and B) has made clothes before so has offered help. Shopping trip tomorrow after work to gather all the costume fabric I will need - I've seen what I want I just need to get it.

• Like 1

Aww man I'm only going on a Sunday so thats a bit of a shame, but if you see a very excited 11th doctor in a fez girl running around the convention feel free to say hi.

I don't know what this shoot is (the DW cosplayers I know aren't likely to have already set a time without knowing photoshoot times, and there a lot of DW guests), but there should be one on Sunday as well.

Edited by laurab1

I don't know what this shoot is (the DW cosplayers I know aren't likely to have already set a time without knowing photoshoot times, and there a lot of DW guests), but there should be one on Sunday as well.

Namine is arranging it (https://www.facebook.com/events/274772639367228/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming)

I think the time is flexible depending on photoshoots?

yea, if you have photoshoots and/or are in the line for an autograph, then we can wait until you've gotten that sorted and done.

Cool :smile: It will just depend whether I'm in the right place in the right time but if you are doing one on Sunday I would be happy to take part and meet some whovians in the process.

So, some progress on my Cable cosplay.

I bought some Worbla. Never used this stuff before, but I highly recommend it. Done some measuring and I hope I can post pics here soon (never posted a pic on forum before, so not sure how) But once I figure that out, it's a case of sanding it and painting it.

LFCC is gonna be great, hope to see some of you there.

yea, if you have photoshoots and/or are in the line for an autograph, then we can wait until you've gotten that sorted and done.

Cool :smile: It will just depend whether I'm in the right place in the right time but if you are doing one on Sunday I would be happy to take part and meet some whovians in the process.

Would it be better to actually do the shoot on the sunday? I'm staying for the sunday, but if it is fine with everyone else, then I can do the shoot around 12/1pm on sunday

okay, so sorry for double post, I've gone ahead and changed the date for the photoshoot. With the fact that others have said other whovian cosplayers wouldn't be able to make it, it'd be better for me to put it up on the sunday.

As you all know I'm still coming on the sunday and I don't mind swapping my Rapunzel cosplay over to saturday and 11th doctor cosplay on the sunday

https://www.facebook.com/events/274772639367228/274772642700561/?notif_t=like - link is still there.

okay, so sorry for double post, I've gone ahead and changed the date for the photoshoot. With the fact that others have said other whovian cosplayers wouldn't be able to make it, it'd be better for me to put it up on the sunday.

As you all know I'm still coming on the sunday and I don't mind swapping my Rapunzel cosplay over to saturday and 11th doctor cosplay on the sunday

https://www.facebook.com/events/274772639367228/274772642700561/?notif_t=like - link is still there.

I'm only going on the saturday so won't be able to join in anymore. :(

I guess I'll have to pass on the group pic then. On Sunday, I'm cosplaying Peggy Carter, not anything related to Doctor Who. Oh well. Have fun you guys, I'll be sure to come by and have a look at your costumes!

I hope we still bump into each other to compare 8th doc costumes. I'm waiting for schedule then if there's no clashes I'll sign up for the masquerade.

ugh...okay, fine, I'll switch it back to Saturday, but it'll be at a different time - 4pm so that you peeps can get stuff sorted.

Namine. Do whatever is best for you. This is all a bit of fun anyway. Don't stress about it.

Its my first time at LFCC and only photo I have booked/auto I plan to get is for Paul Mcgann. (I'm collecting doctors and companions for my autograph book and have to meet my fave doctor). Other than that I'm gonna take the day as it comes...no stress, no panic. I'm even taking a packed lunch and some crochet to do while queuing. lol!

I can stay as late as I need to as well (as long as I'm home before sundown....might turn into a pumpkin otherwise. lol!)

Edited by LadyDeTemps

no, I wasn't stressing about you guys, I just got told by my mom that we can't do the photoshoot on sunday anyway, due to the fact that hotel lily saying we can't stay past 2pm for car parking otherwise we're gonna get charged another £15 to stay until 6pm.

So anyway, now that I've managed to think about it, it's back on saturday, but at a different time - 4pm so that you guys and gals can get photos and autos from the guests as well as something to eat and drink as well as chillax.

So far we may have a River Song cosplayer in the picture too which is great.

And sorry if I gave the impression I was angry at you guys, it wasn't, I just felt mad that I decided to change it from saturday to sunday but then had to change it back to saturday due to what my mom told me.

Wanna say this and sorry for double posting.

Basically just got a message from someone called Sarah Taplin in the photoshoot event, saying instead of just doing it the saturday, why don't we set it up for the sunday as well, so that whoever is going as a doctor who cosplayer on sunday, can get a photo there and then and she'll photoshop it to look like everyone is in one photo.

What do you guys think?

Wanna say this and sorry for double posting.

Basically just got a message from someone called Sarah Taplin in the photoshoot event, saying instead of just doing it the saturday, why don't we set it up for the sunday as well, so that whoever is going as a doctor who cosplayer on sunday, can get a photo there and then and she'll photoshop it to look like everyone is in one photo.

What do you guys think?

Yeah that could be good as people going to the con on only one day could still get a picture. We could have separate saturday and sunday ones so we could compare days or something. I'm sorry if I set you off on changing the days for the photoshoot thing.

Would it be at a similar time the sunday one like the Saturday one?

• Like 1

nah, it's cool, you weren't the one who set me off on changing the day, it was just I thought that everyone was not able to do so on the saturday, but now that Sarah Tapin has suggested it, it'll make it even good.

And yea, the time is the same and same location - outside earls court where the entry doors are.

• Like 1