Cosplay

Zonic

I'm itching to get home and work on my Daenerys stuff but I don't move out of Uni for another two weeks...blargh. But once I get back, expect lots of photos of me crying as I accidentally dye things the wrong colour and set my wigs on fire.

I accidentally dye things the wrong colour and set my wigs on fire.

Sounds like fun. ;) Just a normal weekend then?

An average cosplay weekend, definitely! :P

Edited by Icena
  • Like 1

I accidentally dye things the wrong colour and set my wigs on fire.

Sounds like fun. ;) Just a normal weekend then?

An average cosplay weekend, definitely! :P

I tried dying some wool the other day (long story I've been learning to spin on a drop spindle) used food dye with distilled vinegar as a fixer. Got covered in it...my fingernails are still blue. lol!

Next time I wear gloves.

• Like 1

LadyDeTemps - thanks for giving me some ideas on facebook ^^. (I just got your email xD)

What we can do to split up the photoshoot is maybe have one where it's all the doctors and companions, then another one where it's like you said, there's a split between the shoot where the older doctors are on one side and the companions and the 11th/10th/9th doctor/doctors are on the other side as if it was like they were looking at the crack in the wall where the other incarnations and the time lords are trying to get through.

• Like 1

Great looking cosplays so far, folks. We're looking forward to this LFCC being the best for cosplay yet.

Please remember, any questions you have regarding cosplay, don't hesitate to email us on cosplay@animeleague.com

Finally, expect several big announcements over the next few weeks as we confirm our cosplay guests, events and lineup. It's going to be bigger and better than ever this year, so get ready! First announcement to come this Sunday where we shall confirm our guests and provide the full lowdown on the Cosplay Masquerade and the all new Cosplay Championship that shall be run this year.

How late can you sign up for the masquerade?

Provided places are still available, you can sign up on the day. If you want to pre-signup, we ask for you to get your registration in by the end of the Wednesday before the event to allow time for them to be processed.

Great looking cosplays so far, folks. We're looking forward to this LFCC being the best for cosplay yet.

Please remember, any questions you have regarding cosplay, don't hesitate to email us on cosplay@animeleague.com

Finally, expect several big announcements over the next few weeks as we confirm our cosplay guests, events and lineup. It's going to be bigger and better than ever this year, so get ready! First announcement to come this Sunday where we shall confirm our guests and provide the full lowdown on the Cosplay Masquerade and the all new Cosplay Championship that shall be run this year.

How late can you sign up for the masquerade?

Provided places are still available, you can sign up on the day. If you want to pre-signup, we ask for you to get your registration in by the end of the Wednesday before the event to allow time for them to be processed.

How many places are there? I'm just worried about signing up then finding it clashes with a photoshoot etc.

tell ya what I can do if you guys fancy with the two photoshoots, is on the saturday join in on the photo, but on the sunday, take the photo of the other doctor who cosplayers and then send them to you LadyDeTemps so you can photoshop all of the cosplayers and me in :)

• Like 1

Oh sorry about the uproar for the DW group photo - I was still going to join you on Sunday to check out your costumes (providing I'm not busy somewhere else), just not appear on the picture of course haha But if we have 2 shoots, then even better! Saturday is my 'DW' day, and Sunday is my 'Marvel' day...

And thanks a lot for all the efforts in organizing this Namine :)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This is my first proper cosplay, did an upcycled/adapted Applejack for a con in Brisbane last November which only half counts. I'm going as fem!Hawkeye with a gent!Black Widow (I don't know what the correct notation is for that XD) and another guy going as gent!Pepper Potts aka Pepe Potts. We'll be going the Saturday so see a lot of you there!

I'm kinda nervous/excited about making a bow for Hawkeye, I've had it suggested that I try and make one out of expanding foam because no live weapons for obvious reasons - does anyone have any tips on working with foam?

Edited by amethystwillow

How's everyone's progress coming along? 5 weeks to go!

@Amethyst Willow: If you're nervous about making a bow perhaps just alter a toy bow with materials you are more comfortable using? I personally have not used expanding foam but have heard good things about it :)

I'm still working on the final element...the coat/jacket. And once again the sleeves have got me. Gahh! The seams are not in line so the sleeve cap is slightly off on the right sleeve...didn't notice till I'd sewn and trimmed the seams. Hoping I can salvage it. or I'm just gonna have to put up with it being not quite right.

@Amethyst Willow: If you're nervous about making a bow perhaps just alter a toy bow with materials you are more comfortable using? I personally have not used expanding foam but have heard good things about it :)

I thought about that but they're all quite small, I have to either go out of my comfort zone or settle for something that doesn't fit! I'll have a bash at the former and let you know :D

tell ya what I can do if you guys fancy with the two photoshoots, is on the saturday join in on the photo, but on the sunday, take the photo of the other doctor who cosplayers and then send them to you LadyDeTemps so you can photoshop all of the cosplayers and me in :)

Namine, sorry if I was a bit mean about the shoot. A lot of the DW cosplayers already know each other, that's all, and the group usually tends to sort itself out. But thanks for organsing a shoot this year :)

First random question of this crazy plan...

If i wanted to paint/colour a pair of black shoes silver what would be the best type of paint to use? (I have a pair I wear about once a year that would be perfect for my outfit and are comfortable enough to wear the entire day so I would rather re purpose those that buy a silver pair and risk pain and blisters)

If i wanted to paint/colour a pair of black shoes silver what would be the best type of paint to use? (I have a pair I wear about once a year that would be perfect for my outfit and are comfortable enough to wear the entire day so I would rather re purpose those that buy a silver pair and risk pain and blisters)

That'll depend on what the shoes are made out of-what kind of shoe are they? :)

That'll depend on what the shoes are made out of-what kind of shoe are they? :)

They are a cheap-o Shoe Zone not!leather. So not fabric (otherwise I would just try fabric paint) and certainly not leather. I think, if I hadn't long since removed the labels it would just say "man made upper". If that helps. At all.

Sorry to double post but I came home from Uni for a day and my Daenerys dress had arrived:

danywip_zps4d09c53a.png

Tonight I'll be dying the leggings and the shoes, and then I'll work on fixing the wig and embroidering the dress! Wooooo

Sorry to double post but I came home from Uni for a day and my Daenerys dress had arrived:

danywip_zps4d09c53a.png

Tonight I'll be dying the leggings and the shoes, and then I'll work on fixing the wig and embroidering the dress! Wooooo

Its looking great so far. :)

http://www.do-it-yourself-weddings.com/silver-wedding-shoes.html

Solvent based spray paint would appear to be what you need, Fissijo.

Yeah, that tutorial says it works for faux leather and the end result is pretty clean so I'd say try it. Nice find, laurab1 :D

Oooh you star, thank you. That is exactly the look I was after :D

Looks like you've already got a solution. I was going to suggest acrylic paint. That's what I painted my shoes with and they came out fine.

Took the opportunity of a warm day to dye my Daenerys shoes outside...I'm not sure how well they'll take the dye as they're a sort of suede material but it's OK because I need to weather/muddy them up anyway!

Edited by Icena