Cosplay

Zonic

So, erm, hi. This will be my first year at LFCC, and I have to say, I really like the sounds of all the costumes you're making. It'll be truly awesome to see you all. I'm hoping to go primarily on the Saturday, and I do have an idea for a cosplay. A certain Scottish Princess. If I manage to actually make the thing. I hope I'll be able to.

• Like 1

This year I'll be doing cosplay for the first time. And obviously, I started from one of the most difficult costumes ever to create: Xev Bellringer from Canadian scifi show Lexx. Specifically season two Xev with the red wig. It has been a real pain, but I am so blessed to have a mother who helps me in every way she can, and it seems she wants the costume to be perfect, while I would have been satisfied with "alright". :) We still have lots of work to do, but I'm hoping to test run it in Milton Keynes in May.

I'll probably take also my Merlotte's shirt and apron with me and wear that perhaps on Sunday.

• Like 1

What would be the best way of walking around the convention, I may be going as Fem-Shep from Mass Effect 2 in her Kasumi Stolen Memories Alison Dunn undercover dress but I don't wanna walk around in heels all the time.

Edited by Namine

So far my plans are Draculaura from monster high for the Saturday with my monster high group and possibly Echo from Daredevil/Avengers for the Sunday. But I REEEEEAAAALLLLLLLYYYY wanna do my other plan more, but not sure I could get it finished in time.

Okay, so my dress is in and I will beable to go as Merida. Looking forward to this, even though I'm not really the right body type for Merida.

I wouldn't worry, you'll have a blast and you'll have little kids running towards ya (since I know that happened with me with adults when I cosplayed as The Joker)

• Like 1

This year I'll be doing cosplay for the first time. And obviously, I started from one of the most difficult costumes ever to create: Xev Bellringer from Canadian scifi show Lexx. Specifically season two Xev with the red wig. It has been a real pain, but I am so blessed to have a mother who helps me in every way she can, and it seems she wants the costume to be perfect, while I would have been satisfied with "alright". :) We still have lots of work to do, but I'm hoping to test run it in Milton Keynes in May.

I'll probably take also my Merlotte's shirt and apron with me and wear that perhaps on Sunday.

Oh my god I used to LOVE Lexx. There is literally no-one in my life who knows this show, I thought everyone had forgotten it!!! Xev is awesome cosplay!

• Like 2

Oh my god I used to LOVE Lexx. There is literally no-one in my life who knows this show, I thought everyone had forgotten it!!! Xev is awesome cosplay!

Oh, there is still a small fanbase going strong. Lexx was such a unique show with great cast members!

I'm secretly hoping that cosplaying a Lexx character might "wake up" SM to invite some of the actors to these events. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ooh, just saw latest guest announcement. Scrap sarah jane costume. My (NOTD) femme 8th doctor cosplay goes stright to front of sewing list.

what day are ya doing that? I'd love to get a pic with you in my 11th doctor (season 7 pt2/DOTD) cosplay.

• Like 1

ooh, just saw latest guest announcement. Scrap sarah jane costume. My (NOTD) femme 8th doctor cosplay goes stright to front of sewing list.

what day are ya doing that? I'd love to get a pic with you in my 11th doctor (season 7 pt2/DOTD) cosplay.

This is for the saturday. :) Your welcome to get a photo...I'll be with my cousin dressed as 4th doctor.

I've got my waistcoat* to do and as it may be hot I'll leave off the jacket and just do either a skirt with my brown lace up boots or trousers tucked into my knee high boots. (already got shirt and pocket watch and homemade sonic.)

This is my basic femm eight sillhouette...I'll have the same hairdo.

Its inspired by this image I found on pinterest. but I'm going ot make it a bit more night of the doctor-ish by swapping the green waistcoat for a paisleyish one of the same cut.

wonder if we can get all of the doctor's together and have a group photo?

Edited by LadyDeTemps

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double pic, but I decided to make a event meeting on facebook, it's on the LFCC page, but I'll show the link here if that is ok with you guys. I would love to get a group photoshoot

https://www.facebook.com/events/274772639367228/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=49

hi I'm interested but it all depends on how it fits in with all the stuff I wanna do. Is the timing flexible?

ps. waistcoat is nearly done for my cosplay...just need to press, topstitch (by hand) and do the buttonholes.

Got Spats to make for my boots (found a tutorial online) and then I might be able to start on the frock coat.

Edited by LadyDeTemps
  • Like 1

Sorry for double pic, but I decided to make a event meeting on facebook, it's on the LFCC page, but I'll show the link here if that is ok with you guys. I would love to get a group photoshoot

https://www.facebook.com/events/274772639367228/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=49

hi I'm interested but it all depends on how it fits in with all the stuff I wanna do. Is the timing flexible?

ps. waistcoat is nearly done for my cosplay...just need to press, topstitch (by hand) and do the buttonholes.

Got Spats to make for my boots (found a tutorial online) and then I might be able to start on the frock coat.

yep, it's flexible. If you have a photoshoot at that time, we'll wait until we're all done then go to get the photo.

• Like 1

Going to be doing my fibreglass shield on Wednesday. I have just been looking for a respirator for doing the work with the resin. I think I have found a suitable on in B&Q.

I have never worked with fibreglass before and I hope it goes well!

Hey everyone! Thanks LadyDeTemps for pointing me to this post! I'll most likely cosplay the Eighth Doctor (you can see my costume on my blog), and my hubby will possibly cosplay the Fourth... I just need to make sure I'll finish his costume on time, that scarf is taking forever to knit!! And we'd love to take part in the group shoot! (I joined the FB event, btw...)

I *might* also cosplay Peggy Carter from CA:TFA on Sunday, but again, it all depends if I manage to finish on time.

Not daring enough yet to enter the cosplay competition :no:

• Like 2

Hey everyone! Thanks LadyDeTemps for pointing me to this post! I'll most likely cosplay the Eighth Doctor (you can see my costume on my blog), and my hubby will possibly cosplay the Fourth... I just need to make sure I'll finish his costume on time, that scarf is taking forever to knit!! And we'd love to take part in the group shoot! (I joined the FB event, btw...)

I *might* also cosplay Peggy Carter from CA:TFA on Sunday, but again, it all depends if I manage to finish on time.

Hiya. Glad you found your way over here. I'm contemplating entering the cosplay competition. But wondering if I'll have time. lol!

I've actually sent my pre-sign up e-mail this morning. For both Saturday and Sunday (with 2 different costumes). But if it turns out a talk/photo/whatever is scheduled the same time, and deemed more important to me, I'll just drop out from the Masquerade. Hopefully I'll be able to give my spot to someone else. I had to do that in Antwerp at the end of April, the cosplay competition was at the exact same time as the panel discussion with Colin Baker. Sorry, but Colin was more important to me, and it was a fantastic panel, well worth it.

Edited by avsie_2014

Well making a fiberglass shield worked ok. The edges caused the biggest problem but then again it is the first time I have ever tried to do something like that!

Just got to try and do a good paint job on it to make it look awesome!

That's awesome, more the merrier. What I'll do is get all the people whom are with you to take photos and then that way we've got a copy each :). Also, I wanna point out that what I said to ladydetemps was accurate.

Should you have an autograph being signed or in the line for a photoshoot, or even having something to eat, then we can wait for you guys to get there instead of saying "oh we'll do one photo now and another one when they all get here!" - I'll be in my 11th doctor cosplay on saturday obviously xD, but I'll be waiting by the doors with my mom for you guys.

• Like 1