Cosplay

Zonic

well since finances are good a bit again, I've chosen my main three cosplays.

Friday Nite - Star Trek: Enterprise security officer (in dress not standard uniform ala Star Trek TOS style female uniform) - a Phaser will be accompanying me as a prop xD

Saturday - Harley Quinn: Injustice Gods Among Us which will be accompanied by a prop toy knife and a toy revolver gun

Sunday - Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger - Well it was either that or Yellow Ranger or Pink Ranger and tbh, Red was more in the way of authentic looking plus the helmet is ace...so IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!! LFCC

I'm bringing my Elsa cosplay from Disney's Frozen along now that the Star Trek Cosplay is too expensive, so just shoved the phaser MK II back in it's box it came in and it's on display now.

Just trying to think which one would be better to bring - Olaf plush or Anna plush.

Hello!

I will be there on Sunday. It will be my second convention in London and my first cosplay (not costume but cosplay).

I try to convince my best friend to come with a costume but she's too too shy... and I'm a little scared of being "alone" (I know no one in London, doing cosplay).

I have some questions: is it better to arrive already in costume (my hotel is at Holland Park, is it secured to come dressed walking or by tube?) or to change at the facilities?

My costume is not a "naked one" or big one but I need some times and help to put it on correctly, so I wanted to prepare myself in my hotel room.

Thanks!!!!

There are changing rooms at comic con as far as I am aware. Last year I went dressed as Chuck and my wife was Sarah. The walk from our hotel to erales court was about 10mins, we did not get any strange looks, and there were people dressed in lots of amazing stuff walking to earls court.

I don't think you would have a problem on public transport in London.

But tell your friend to come in cosplay, last year was our first comic con and first cosplay. People stopped us and asked for photos, it was great to have people liking our outfits and wanting a photo with us.

I enjoyed the cosplay aspect as much if not more than the rest of the convention.

• Like 1

Hello!

I will be there on Sunday. It will be my second convention in London and my first cosplay (not costume but cosplay).

I try to convince my best friend to come with a costume but she's too too shy... and I'm a little scared of being "alone" (I know no one in London, doing cosplay).

I have some questions: is it better to arrive already in costume (my hotel is at Holland Park, is it secured to come dressed walking or by tube?) or to change at the facilities?

My costume is not a "naked one" or big one but I need some times and help to put it on correctly, so I wanted to prepare myself in my hotel room.

Thanks!!!!

Well I'm coming all the way from Essex in costume on public transport. Its quite fun travelling on the tube in cosplay. Just wear it with confidence. ;)

• Like 1

I am not sure on forum rules regarding contacting people on the forum, but I have connected with someone that will be doing lfcc this year. So it could be good to try and make friends with people on here so you know someone when you get to the convention.

I am not sure on forum rules regarding contacting people on the forum, but I have connected with someone that will be doing lfcc this year. So it could be good to try and make friends with people on here so you know someone when you get to the convention.

Last time I went to a con in cosplay I was on my own (It was my first time). Only down side was having to keep asking random people to take my photo. lol! This time I'm going to THIS one with my cousin...but I'll probably be solo again for the winter one.

But then I've wandered round Bath in regency costume before.....lol

Somewhat new to the cosplaying scene. Doing it properly for the first time this year. I've done Rorschach before from Watchmen.

This year, I'm hoping to do comic books style Bane from Batman (Friday)

Cable from X-Men/X-Force, with my girlfriend doing a Lady Deadpool (most of Saturday)

Possible new take on Rorschach on Sunday, or may just enjoy the show, depends if i still need autos and photos.

Hope to see you all there. Will update you on cosplay builds when they happen.

Too excited now :D

Thanks for your answers! Last time I cosplayed in London (for a Star Trek Convention, a long time ago), I travelled with my costume: it was the best welcome I ever received from people! I asked about it because in France, cosplaying in not -sometimes- really well accepted, unfortunately...

So I will get dressed at my hotel (as Loki), and so my bf as she has accepted to come with her own cosplay (Harley Quinn).

See u soon!!! :dance:

Got my costume sorted... Sunday will be 60's Batman, but Saturday I'll be sporting my newest piece of joy...

Well I'm officially going as Fem! Captain Marvelous on the saturday with my Gokai Saber, Gokai Gun and Mobilates morpher, so if you see me, I'd love to grab a photo with you.

Edited by Namine

• 2 weeks later...

Any skyrim cosplayers this year?? It looks like I'll be Cicero at least one day to save on wigs. Joys of a redheaded character. Looking at mi lady de winter from 3 musketeers another day and for the third day not so sure, maybe the Loki evening gown, or one of oswins bustle gowns from dr who. Just need to start looking at getting patterns drafted.

• Like 2

Update for my costume at LFCC! Spent weeks deliberating between Dark World or Avengers Loki...

King Loki of Scotunheim (Scotland) will be attending LFCC and is keen to meet fellow Marvel Cosplayers for awesome pictures. If you see me, don't be shy. Do come and say hello.

Scotunheim.jpg

Frost_Iron.jpg

Any skyrim cosplayers this year?? It looks like I'll be Cicero at least one day to save on wigs. Joys of a redheaded character. Looking at mi lady de winter from 3 musketeers another day and for the third day not so sure, maybe the Loki evening gown, or one of oswins bustle gowns from dr who. Just need to start looking at getting patterns drafted.

My clara/sherlock bustle gown is a bit of a failure…can't get the fit on the bodice right. :(

On the plus side I've found some 1970's vintage sewing patterns….so I think a 'sarah jane smith' outfit might be a possibility.

Edited by LadyDeTemps
  • Like 1

This will be my second convention, but my first in cosplay. Am looking to do something different with my costume; I'll be combining elements of Scarecrow from Arkham Asylum game and the Batman animated series in a steampunk style. Already have most of the costume bits and am just about to start work on the hat, mask and glove.

My clara/sherlock bustle gown is a bit of a failure…can't get the fit on the bodice right. :(

On the plus side I've found some 1970's vintage sewing patterns….so I think a 'sarah jane smith' outfit might be a possibility.

Which day would you be cosplaying as Sarah Jane Smith? I would love to get a pic with you as I'm throwing my hat into the crowd this time and going as the tenth doctor in his blue suit (the version from Sontaran Strategm) on the saturday. Sonic Screwdriver and psychic paper included :P

• Like 1

Which day would you be cosplaying as Sarah Jane Smith? I would love to get a pic with you as I'm throwing my hat into the crowd this time and going as the tenth doctor in his blue suit (the version from Sontaran Strategm) on the saturday. Sonic Screwdriver and psychic paper included :P

Cool. I'm planning on going on the saturday with the 4th doctor (my cousin).

sweet. If you see a 11th Doctor cosplayer with a carer (my mom), that's me lol, so don't be shy and come up and say hi.

edit: changed it to the 11th Doctor since it was much cheaper as I would have had to have bought the trenchcoat to go with the 10th doctors cosplay.

Edited by Namine