Voice artists?

Would it be possible to get some voice artist guests? People that have done voices in games and animation? I appreciate that they don't have the some wow factor for a lot of people that instantly recognisable screen actors have, but I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying meeting the people who have brought life to various characters through their voice acting talents.

I enjoyed meeting Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) at the LFCC - he was a friendly and happy chap and his talk was fun too.

There are some voice artists who are also screen actors too - Gary Chalk, Blu Mankuma, Scott McNeil, David Kaye, Tara Strong or maybe someone like Nancy Cartwright (The Simpsons)... there are loads!

So, if possible, Showmasters - please consider getting one or two (or more!) voice artists for LFCC Winter 2013. :-)

- G

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of voice actors and have been wanting more of them for ages. Charles Martinet was hugely popular and I think now would be the time to pull the trigger in bringing more voice actors over. I'm sure everyone has their favourites but my top voice actor wants would be:

Peter Cullen - Transformers / Voltron / Winnie the Pooh / Dungens and Dragons etc

Frank Welker - Transformers / Muppet Babies / Garfield / Futurama / The Real Ghostbusters etc

Casey Kasem - Scooby Doo / Transformers

Eric Idle - Shrek the Third / South Park / Transformers

James Avery - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle / The Real Ghostbusters (and Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince!)

Kelsey Grammer - The Simpsons - Sideshow Bob

John DiMaggio - Futurama

Gregg Berger - Transformers / Garfield / Spiderman

Tress MacNeille - Simpsons / Futurama

David Jason - Count Duckula

Michael Bell - Gobots / Rugrats / Centurions

Wally Burr - G.I. Joe / Bucky O'Hare / Transformers

Jim Cummings - Darkwing Duck / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Looney Toons

Jack Angel - Transformers / Voltron / Beetlejuice

Alan Oppenheimer - Mighty Mouse / He-Man / Flash Gordon

Edited by LSM

You got my vote as well! Indeed Family Guy/Simpsons could attract a crowd. Personally I'm putting a vote in for Avatar, the Last Airbender, which is quite popular amongst the convention going crowd. Some Disney voice actors would attract a crowd as well.

Thinking about it, a lot of voice actors/actresses are also known for their real live acting: Keith David (voiced Spawn, dr. Facilier but was also in the Thing, Pitch Black, ...) or Mae Withman (voiced Katara in Avatar, but was also one of the evil exes in Scott Pilgrim) come to mind.

David Hayter, Nolan North, DC Douglas, Kirk Thornton, Brian Bloom, Yuri Lowenthal, Mark Hamill, Quinton Flynn, Paula Tiso, Sally Cahill, Gideon Emery, Johnny Yong Bosch, Troy Baker and my list could seriously go on and on and on and on and on and on Maile Flanagan, Dave Wittenberg...

Oh and Christopher Randolph, Tara Platt, Tara Strong

Edited by Sassy1988

Peter Cullen would be a great guest to get! I go to a Transformers con every year (not mentioning the name) and I believe they have tried to get Mr. Cullen as a guest in the past but found him to be too expensive. that event is a lot smaller than LFCC though so maybe this could be possible? He's the voice of Optimus Prime in the cartoons and the movies - so I'd imagine he'd be a big draw for a lot of people!

Frank Welker would be great but I've heard a few times that he doesn't really do conventions so I think he's less likely but... if somehow they did get him that would be huge!

I don't think I've seen Kevin Conroy mentioned yet but he'd be a great guest! He's the voice of Batman in the animated series, some of the DC animated stuff and also the Batman Arkham games too. Would love to meet him! :-)

- Gord

Peter Cullen would be a great guest to get! I go to a Transformers con every year (not mentioning the name) and I believe they have tried to get Mr. Cullen as a guest in the past but found him to be too expensive. that event is a lot smaller than LFCC though so maybe this could be possible? He's the voice of Optimus Prime in the cartoons and the movies - so I'd imagine he'd be a big draw for a lot of people!

Frank Welker would be great but I've heard a few times that he doesn't really do conventions so I think he's less likely but... if somehow they did get him that would be huge!

I've heard the exact same thing regarding Peter & Frank but agree that Peter would be perfect for an event of this size. I've heard that Frank is a bit of a shy man which would likely rule out a convention appearance however if SM were able to coax him in attending that would be amazing.

The VAs I'd like (I know some are TV/Movie stars and for other roles):

BIG Wants

Claudia Black

Johnny Yong Bosch

Mass Effect

Jennifer Hale

Steve Blum

Liz Sroker

William Salyers

Persona

Yuri Lowenthal

Erin Fitzgerald

Amanda Winn Lee

Laura Bailey

Sam Riegel

Oh so many more too... I'll come back with more later :D

I'm going to list a few more specific voice actors as well :P

- Scott McNeill (Piccolo & Android 16 in DBZ, Dinobot & Rattrap & Waspinator & Silverbolt in Beast Wars, Wolverine in X-Men Evolution, Beastman & Kobra Khan in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)

- David Kaye (Recoome in DBZ, Megatron in Beast Wars, Professor X in X-Men Evolution, Clank in Rachet and Clank games)

- Dante Basco, Jack De Sena, Mae Withman, Grey Delisle, David Faustion, Jessie Flower, Olivia Hack, Cricket Leigh, J.K. Simmons, Mindy Sterling, Zach Tyler, Mae Withman, Janet Varney, Dee Bradley Baker, Seychelle Gabriel (all voiced characters in the Last Airbender & Legend of Korra)

- Jodi Benson (Little Mermaid, Thumbelina, Joseph: King of Dreams)

- Tom Kenny (Eduardo in Foster's Home, Spyro in Spyro games, Rabbit in Winnie the Pooh, Doc Ock in Ultimate Spider-Man, but also the may in Powerpuff Girls and Spongebob, though I don't like the latter 2)

- Cree Summer (Kida in Atlantis, Foxxy Love in Drawn Together, Numbuh 5 & Cree in KND, loads of other stuff)

- Tara Strong (princess Clara & Toot in Drawn Together, Barbara Gordon in Various Batman series, Melody in Little Mermaid II, Bubbles in the Powerpuff Girls, Juliet in Lollipop Chainsaw, Twilight in My Little Pony)

- Lauren Tom (Amy in Futurama, Numbuh 3 in KND, does also live action roles like Mai in Men in Trees)

- Billy West (Fry & Zoidberg & prof Farnsworth in Futurama, voice of Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd)

And anyone from the 1994 X-Men series :P

• Like 1

I've been dying for Jodi Benson to get asked over to the UK for a con for YEARS!!!

I also wanna meet Nolan North, Seth McFarlene Tara Strong, Mae Whitman (who does the voice of TinkerBell in the TinkerBell movies). There's also Lucy Liu who is a great on screen actress and voice actress (Silvermist in the disney tink movies). The lists are really endless when you really think about for voice actors to be guests at UK cons.

But I'm mostly gonna be praying for the day when Jodi Benson gets asks and comes over. She's Ariel (and yes I know many others), the voice of the character that shaped me to be the person I am today, and I NEED to thank her in person.

• Like 1

I've been dying for Jodi Benson to get asked over to the UK for a con for YEARS!!!

I also wanna meet Nolan North, Seth McFarlene Tara Strong, Mae Whitman (who does the voice of TinkerBell in the TinkerBell movies). There's also Lucy Liu who is a great on screen actress and voice actress (Silvermist in the disney tink movies). The lists are really endless when you really think about for voice actors to be guests at UK cons.

But I'm mostly gonna be praying for the day when Jodi Benson gets asks and comes over. She's Ariel (and yes I know many others), the voice of the character that shaped me to be the person I am today, and I NEED to thank her in person.

Video Game Guests:

Seth Green (Family Guy Game & Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3)

David Boreanaz (Kingdom Hearts & Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Fairuza Balk (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City & Lords of Everquest)

Daniel Dae Kim (Saints Row 2, Avatar: Last Airbender 24: The Game & Scarface)

Mayim Bialik (X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge)

Gina Torres (Transformers Prime)

Masi Oka (Driver 76 & Cars Mater-National)

Jena Von Oy (Lands of Lore 3)

Milo Ventimiglia (X:Men Destiny)

Kirsten Bell (Assasins Creeds Trilogy & Astro Boy)

Iyari Limon (Dead Space, Dead Space: Extradition & L.A. Noire)

Voice Guests:

Seth Green (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Family Guy, Robot Chicken & Titan Maximum)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Robot Chicken, TMNT, Happily N'Ever After)

Gina Torres (Transformers Prime & Justice League)

Anna Faris (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs & Alvin & The Chipmunks)

Daniel Dae Kim (The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra)

Kaley Cuoco (Brandy & Mr Whiskers)

Evan Rachel Wood (Battle for Terra & The Reef)

Breckin Meyer (King of the Hill, Titan Maximum, Robot Chicken & Star Wars: Detours)

Anna Kendrick (Paranorman)

Joseph Lawrence (Oliver & Company)

Heather Morris (Ice Age: Continental Drift)

Melissa Joan Hart (Batman Beyond & Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker)

Zooey Deschanel (Surf's Up)

Eliza Dushku (Batman: Year One, Torchwood: Web of Lies)

Mayim Bialik (Recess & Hey Arnold)

Abraham Benrubi (Star Wars Detours & Robot Chicken)

Fab Filippo (The Dating Guy)

Jack Plotnick (Drawn Together)

Jenna Von Oy (What's With Andy, A Goofy Movie & Pepper Ann)

Edited by Daniel

• 4 weeks later...

Video Game Guests:

Jena Von Oy (Lands of Lore 3)

Voice Guests:

Jenna Von Oy (What's With Andy, A Goofy Movie & Pepper Ann)

A friend of mine in LA who is one of the many trying to make it as an actor, house shared with Jenna Von Oy for quite a while, I'll drop him a line to see if he is still in touch with her and ask if she would be interested in coming over.