Entry Question

mflowers

Hey im planning on attending C19 and just had a few questions 1.) How long is the q outside so if I arrive at 8.30 for 9 opening time whats the rough wait and will I be able to get autos ( so a good vq number) from the merlin guys (Rupert and Eoin) and McCoy/Rhys-Davies 2.) If im queting to enter and I have a photoshoot like 10 mins and about to start can I get in to head to the area or would I have to wait in the q for entry and possibly miss the shoot? 3.) How does the C19 Q differ from LFCC as LFCC was a huge que if you didn't have entry tickets as I had entry but I saw the q for non entry was just huge. Thanks :D

Hey im planning on attending C19 and just had a few questions 1.) How long is the q outside so if I arrive at 8.30 for 9 opening time whats the rough wait and will I be able to get autos ( so a good vq number) from the merlin guys (Rupert and Eoin) and McCoy/Rhys-Davies 2.) If im queting to enter and I have a photoshoot like 10 mins and about to start can I get in to head to the area or would I have to wait in the q for entry and possibly miss the shoot? 3.) How does the C19 Q differ from LFCC as LFCC was a huge que if you didn't have entry tickets as I had entry but I saw the q for non entry was just huge. Thanks :D

1 There is likely to be quite a long queue. However, C19 is free to get in so the queue moves quickly once the doors are open as there is no need to buy or show tickets.

2 It's unlikely that there will be any photo shoots scheduled before 9.30 to allow everyone time to get in so it shouldn't be an issue.

3 You don't need an entry ticket for C19 so there is just one queue.

I don't think you'll have any problem getting the autos you want as long as you're there early. McCoy is a regular so whilst always busy (and having a new fanbase because of The Hobbit) shouldn't be too bad. JRD is a slow signer because he is talkative but again is a regular so won't be too busy and he's there all 3 days which spreads demand. The Merlin guys are likely to be quite busy but since they aren't main cast shouldn't be manic.

Given you intend arriving about half an hour before opening I would say you'll be in the arena about 5 minutes after doors open and so should have no problem getting VQs under 200 for everyone

Edited by mpharris

If you don't join a designated queue for a big guest. How do you go about getting a VT for one once inside?

You find their table and get one. ;) There should be maps at some places. If you are in doubt where to find someone ask the crew. You can just walk around freely and collect VT.

Sorry worded it pretty badly. Once inside, do you have to wait till everyone in the designated queue has got a VT before you can get one?

Yes. The designated queue has priority for VT's. Anybody else will join the back of that queue once it is in place and being processed.

Yes, designated queues are for big guests only. Jason posted somewhere for whom, but I can't find the posts now. That means you have to queue at a special door to get in this line. There will be signs for that. This is only if you want to meet one of those big guests and want their VT first.

After you got the big guest ticket you can then join the other lines.

If you want to see other guests you can queue at one of the other doors. I keep forgetting the door number of the main entrance, can someone jog my memory please? ;)

If you want to get other guests' tickets first and then one of the main guests you can join the end of the designatred line (which has been let in meanwhile) and get that ticket after the other tickets.

• Moderators

If you're in one of the 'big guest' queues outside then you'll basically get lead towards their table..

Then you'll go and see the other guests as per normal - pick up queue tickets etc.

• Showmasters Admin

There will be 3 main doors used.

Door 1: Big guest 1

Door 2: Everyone else (with a single door for Gold pass holders)

Door 3: Big guest 2.

At 9am we will walk the queues at gates 1 and 3 to the location of the big guest specific to that queue. VTs for that guest will start to be given out to the people in that queue. Once they have a VT they are free to go and get others.

At the same time the people at door 2 will be let in and can go and get VTs from any other guests.

If anyone then wish to get a VT from one of the big guest with a specific queue (but they were not in that queue outside), they must go and join the back of that queue. Although if they've left it 5-10 minutes the chances are the queue will have gone and they'll just go up and get a VT although it maybe 300-400+

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

There will be 3 main doors used.

Door 1: Big guest 1

Door 2: Everyone else (with a single door for Gold pass holders)

Door 3: Big guest 2.

At 9am we will walk the queues at gates 1 and 3 to the location of the big guest specific to that queue. VTs for that guest will start to be given out to the people in that queue. Once they have a VT they are free to go and get others.

At the same time the people at door 2 will be let in and can go and get VTs from any other guests.

If anyone then wish to get a VT from one of the big guest with a specific queue (but they were not in that queue outside), they must go and join the back of that queue. Although if they've left it 5-10 minutes the chances are the queue will have gone and they'll just go up and get a VT although it maybe 300-400+

Hope that makes sense.

Makes sense and very helpful as always Too Tall :smile:

Will the single Gold Pass line at door 2 be let in before everyone else and will crewers be handing out the Gold Passes/wristbands in the queue? Thanks

• Showmasters Admin

Just to clarify those "doors" equate to the following gate numbers.

Door 1 = Gate 4

Door 2 = Gate 5

Door 3 = Gate 6

I can't confirm if the gold pass holders will be let in first (that's always Jason's call).

I can't gaurentee it 100% but my intention is for a crew member to give the passes/bands out in the queue.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Too Tall just to clarify say the queue for Jenna Coleman is gate 4 and Gillian gate 6 if I'm at the venue very early and queue at gate 4 for Jenna first am I likely to be able to get a VT for Gillian still or will this end up being quite a high number???

Too Tall just to clarify say the queue for Jenna Coleman is gate 4 and Gillian gate 6 if I'm at the venue very early and queue at gate 4 for Jenna first am I likely to be able to get a VT for Gillian still or will this end up being quite a high number???

After collecting the first VT for Jenna you will need to join the end of the VT queue for Gillian. It will be higher than if you had joined that queue initially. How high...nobody can say. There is no way to predict how many people will queue for a specific guests VT.

Thanks for the clarification, do all guests work on a VT system or does this just tend to be bigger guests???

Not all guests. Only the busier guests. Due to that it can change during the day. A guest that is initially quiet may end up being busy and switched to a VT system. And vice versa.

Am planning to arrive at the event earlier than opening time, probably bout 20 mins -half an hour earlier, and was wondering if i will need to join the q outside specifically for jennas vq as want to meet her? Havent met one of the 'bigger' guests at collectormania at the stadium before so dont know the protocol for getting the vts. Any help would be great thanx :D:help:

Do you know if Jenna is going to be one of the guests to have her own queue? Or is it not decided yet who has what queue? Also, is it the arena beside the stadium we are queing at now?

Edited by Charmer