Latest Guest Announcement - DANNY JOHN JULES

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Red Dwarf (TV series) - The Cat / Cat / Duane Dibbley / Cat Camille / Higher Cat / Lower Cat / Padre (52 episodes, 1988-1999)

Blade II - Asad

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Barfly Jack

Little Shop of Horrors - Doo-Wop Street Singer

Labyrinth - Firey 3/Firey 4 (voice)

The Great Muppet Caper - Street Dancer

Red Dwarf: Back to Earth (TV mini-series) - Cat (3 episodes, 2009)

The Tomorrow People (TV series) - Byron Lucifer

Maid Marian and Her Merry Men (TV series) - Barrington (22 episodes, 1989-1994)

article-1168585-045AF4E4000005DC-319_468x286.jpg

danny_john_jules4.jpg

http://imdb.com/name/nm0424253/

• 2 weeks later...

Has Danny cancelled as his Twitter account today states he isnt even in the country between May and September?

As with any guest a cancellation can/will only be announced if SM have received notification directly from the guest/agent. On that basis I always assume attendance until a cancellation has been posted on here.

Considering he has said the following:

"For anyone out there who is expecting me at any conventions this year, please note that I am in Guadeloupe May-Sept. Check with me first."

At the very least it'll be nice to see Chris, Craig and Bobby.

As I posted in the other two topics where this has come up, we are trying to find out what is going on. Unfortunately agents tend not to work on the weekend, so this may take a little longer than we're all hoping for. Thank you for your patience. Why does stuff like this always happen on Friday afternoons? ;)

As I posted in the other two topics where this has come up, we are trying to find out what is going on. Unfortunately agents tend not to work on the weekend, so this may take a little longer than we're all hoping for. Thank you for your patience. Why does stuff like this always happen on Friday afternoons? ;)

From what it says on Danny's Twitter page itself seems its not one hundred percent concrete.

IF he is definitely attending then that will be smegging epic and will see me attending, it's just I do remember last time and many people had paid for a joint Photoshoot - thing is, now people are asking for a joint Photoshoot this obviously puts pressure on SM to either have a combined shoot or not and until Danny knows precisely where he's going to be its all academic.

Don't get me wrong, I really would like to see Danny there and the option of a Photoshoot :)

It was me who made the removal. I removed it because we have no idea so far what is going on, and considering that the post removed was inapproproate. You may have found it funny, but it could way too easy be read differently. The discussion so far has been quite friendly and most people are simply wondering what is going on. There is no reason at all to add fuel to the fire.

I had planned to write you a quick e-mail about it, but unfortunately I had to rush off due to real life and that e-mail is still living in my draft folder. I know humour is a subjective things and I didn't want to drag this out on the forum.

You may want to read the forum rules again and have a look at the guidelines 1 to 3. Those were the grounds for removal.

• Showmasters Admin

well i talked to Danny on the phone myself and he said he was up for it and to put him down for the shows, i have not talked to him sins but as we had not herd from him we thought all was ok , i am trying to get ahold of him now and as soon as we know something we will inform you :-).

on another point not linked to Danny but Twitter is a great thing for people to communicate with others, but i wish when someone find out they cannot attend something they contacted the people running the show first to inform them they can no longer attend so we also know whats going on and then we can let you know, it dose make us look a little silly. oh well thats what we are here for looking silly :-)

we will get back to you on this as soon as we know

jason :WAVE:

on another point not linked to Danny but Twitter is a great thing for people to communicate with others, but i wish when someone find out they cannot attend something they contacted the people running the show first to inform them they can no longer attend so we also know whats going on and then we can let you know, it dose make us look a little silly. oh well thats what we are here for looking silly :-)

Or maybe whoever looks after the showmasters twitter account (I'm told it's one of the mods and not actually SM staff who run it) could follow any announced guests.

:smile:

• Moderators

I wouldn't expect any discussions about event attendance etc to be done over Twitter to be honest. There's plenty of better forms of communication. Plus a lot of stuff is done through agents anyway which is where the majority of issues come from.