Latest guest announcement - ROY DOTRICE Game of thrones

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce another guest for Autographica, appearing on Saturday:ROY DOTRICE

Game of Thrones Hallyne

Hellboy II: The Golden Army King Balor

Angel (TV series) - Roger Wyndam-Pryce (1 episode, 2003)

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys Zeus

Sliders, Archibald Chandler / Marc LeBeau

Beauty and the Beast Jacob 'Father' Wells

Amadeus Leopold Mozart

Space 1999 Commissioner Simmonds

Picket Fences (TV series) - Father Barrett / Father Gary Barrett (15 episodes, 1993-1996)

Babylon (TV series) - Frederick Lantz (1 episode, 1995)

Earth 2 (TV series) - The Elder (2 episodes, 1995)

Roy Dotrice OBE is a British BAFTA and Tony award winning actor. Roy joined the Royal Air Force at age 16 and was trained as a wireless operator and air gunner in Bombers. In 1942 his plane was shot down and he was captured where he served out the remainder of WWII (over three years) as a prisoner of war in Germany. He was introduced to the idea of performing when he took part in various makeshift concerts in order to raise the spirits of his fellow captives.

After his release Roy decided to pursue his acting ambitions. In 1965 Roy made his credited feature movie debut supporting Kirk Douglas and Richard Harris in The Heroes of Telemark, and has since lent class and distinction to a large number of TV/Film productions. His list of credits include Misleading Cases where he received a BAFTA TV Award for Best Actor, Space 1999, Oscar winning Amadeus playing Mozart's disapproving father, Beauty and the Beast playing Jacob 'Father' Wells alongside Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman, Hercules playing Hercules's father Zeus, Angel playing Wesley's father, Hellboy II: The Golden Army and most recently Games of Thrones.

Roy has appeared in a number of Broadway productions over the years, receiving a Tony nomination for his work in "A Life" and finally winning the trophy for his heralded performance in the 2000 revival of "A Moon for the Misbegotten" starring Cherry Jones and Gabriel Byrne.

Roy also entered into the Guinness Book of World Records a second time for his voice work on the audio book version of George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones. The project was cited as having the greatest number of characters (224) voiced by a single person in an audio book.

CLICK HERE for his full filmography

got-game-of-thrones-30670253-500-562.png

2_midi.jpg

Roy-Dotrice-picture.jpg

008TGA_Roy_Dotrice_001.jpg

qnFeQ.jpg

dotrice.png

mid.jpg

handley-page-hampd_1474970c.jpg

Prisoner_of_War_roll_call.jpg

Damn, I would have liked to meet him but as I am going to both EMS and DSTL I couldn't afford to do this event as well, otherwise I would have got carried away getting bond autographs. Hope you can get him along to another show soon too.