Doctor Who

Swinny

As Tom Bakers already Doing Collectormania at Milton Kenes Could you guys not get him for Comic Con it would be great if there was a shoot with a few Doctors on it Tom, Peter Davison, Colin and Slyvester etc obviously be great is Mr. Tennant or Mr.Smith was in attendance.

Edited by Swinny

As Tom Bakers already Doing *Another SM event* Could you guys not get him for Comic Con it would be great if there was a shoot with a few Doctors on it Tom, Peter Davison, Colin and Slyvester etc obviously be great is Mr. Tennant or Mr.Smith was in attendance.

I second, third and forth that!!!

That would be VERY epic. I would love to have Doctor Who guests.

Nice idea, but there are few things duller on this forum that "<guest> is attending <event>. Please can you get them for <other event> as well ?"

Also !! If you know aaaaaaanything about DW fandom, you will know that Tom Baker will NOT co-operate in multi-Doctor projects.

Also !! If you know aaaaaaanything about DW fandom, you will know that Tom Baker will NOT co-operate in multi-Doctor projects.

well well... dont hurt to ask...

and for the record I dont have any clue about DW fandom, Ive met like 10-15 DW guest, but dont have a clue how they attend and stuff :)

Edited by Wondermoose

A guest attending another Showmasters event this year almost makes it less likely that they'll attend this one, as SM will want people to go there to meet them.

Well then... Ill just have to "hold my thumbs" for other nice Doctor who guests :)

Think I got abit to spoiled from last years ComicCon :rolleyes::wub:

Edited by Wondermoose

• Moderators

As always - stuff like Doctor Who and Star Wars are pretty much the backbone of these events and fandom in general, so there'll always be some! It doesn't hugely impact on the rest of the lineup, so there's no point in asking for less or saying don't get them.

there's no point in asking for less or saying don't get them.

Yeah - that's not what the forums for !! :thumbup:

Tom has previously taken part in a group photo shoot that had another Doctor in it.

Once ? In 38 years ?? I stand corrected - he's all into it. Must have been Pertwee was it ?

• Moderators
there's no point in asking for less or saying don't get them.

Yeah - that's not what the forums for !!:thumbup:

Actually no, it's not for that. Make suggestions on who you want to meet, ask questions etc, but seriously you think there's ANY point in coming on and saying "don't get ...!!" etc? Especially when it's one of the two/three main fandoms that have kept shows like these alive for decades!

Once ? In 38 years ?? I stand corrected - he's all into it. Must have been Pertwee was it ?
There may well be more but I am only aware of one. It was fairly recent though in relation to 38 years - early 2010, with Paul McGann. So it's possible that Tom may be inclined to take part in further photo shoots with the others.

Nice idea, but there are few things duller on this forum that "<guest> is attending <event>. Please can you get them for <other event> as well ?"

Having been a life long fan of Doctor Who for almost 40 years I would say I know a fair bit Obviously You are not aware of Dimensions In Time for Children in Need and that he has agreed in principle to be involved in the 50th anniversary special if your going to put negative comments at least get your facts right!!

Edited by Swinny

As Tom Bakers already Doing Collectormania at Milton Kenes Could you guys not get him for Comic Con it would be great if there was a shoot with a few Doctors on it Tom, Peter Davison, Colin and Slyvester etc obviously be great is Mr. Tennant or Mr.Smith was in attendance.

Mr Smith is doing two other events this year (None Showmasters), with the second one a few weeks before hand. So I would not expect him to be attending LFFC/Showmasters events this year.

cap

Mr Smith is doing two other events this year (None Showmasters), with the second one a few weeks before hand. So I would not expect him to be attending LFFC/Showmasters events this year.

cap

At least we have hope of seeing Mr Smith @ a future event, next year maybe (PLEASE).

At least we have hope of seeing Mr Smith @ a future event, next year maybe (PLEASE).

Wouldn't bank on it just yet. One of those organisers claims they have him under exclusive contract. And of course the other organisers are his employers so can do what they want!

• Moderators

Grrrrrrr :angry:

Until any attendee is forced to spend their money and meet every single guest on a lineup, I don't really see what the problem is with having guests you're not interested in.

I usually meet 5 guests or less per LFCC, and I don't come on telling SM to get less guests from things I don't care about.

These are events that cover a LOT of fandoms, and it makes complete sense to cover the most popular ones like Who and Star Trek. Conventions do it all over the world!

So please, can we just drop the attacks on particular fandoms, and focus on the ones you're actually interested in. Thank you!

Grrrrrrr :angry:

Until any attendee is forced to spend their money and meet every single guest on a lineup, I don't really see what the problem is with having guests you're not interested in.

I usually meet 5 guests or less per LFCC, and I don't come on telling SM to get less guests from things I don't care about.

These are events that cover a LOT of fandoms, and it makes complete sense to cover the most popular ones like Who and Star Trek. Conventions do it all over the world!

So please, can we just drop the attacks on particular fandoms, and focus on the ones you're actually interested in. Thank you!

Well said. :angry:

tom baker is already doing the milton keynes event in june and dont forget he 2 years off being 80 so if he dont want to do things then its up to him ive met tom 10 times and meeting him at big finish on the 11th of feb and and the june one ive been along time fan of tom a very loyol fan and he knows his regular fans by there name can you tell me who else whould remember there fans by there names and at the age to is i think thats bloody great