Sanctuary Guests

fifi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was surprised at the announcement, but as someone who has watched Sanctuary (though not an avid fan), it's just another actor I get to meet from a show I've seen!

What others have said is true - some people go to Chevrons because of Atlantis or SG-1 without ever having seen the other Stargate shows, so this isn't much different (I know Sanctuary isn't part of the Stargate 'family', but it's kind of the same principle...ish!).

And I get really annoyed when people moan about "I'm not really bothered about meeting ......" for whatever reason. From past experience (and I've been to every Chevron), it's usually the guests I've thought I wasn't bothered about meeting that actually turn out to be the best!

Anyway, Robin will be most welcome as far as I'm concerned!

Yeah, I was surprised at the announcement, but as someone who has watched Sanctuary (though not an avid fan), it's just another actor I get to meet from a show I've seen!

What others have said is true - some people go to Chevrons because of Atlantis or SG-1 without ever having seen the other Stargate shows, so this isn't much different (I know Sanctuary isn't part of the Stargate 'family', but it's kind of the same principle...ish!).

And I get really annoyed when people moan about "I'm not really bothered about meeting ......" for whatever reason. From past experience (and I've been to every Chevron), it's usually the guests I've thought I wasn't bothered about meeting that actually turn out to be the best!

Anyway, Robin will be most welcome as far as I'm concerned!

i know what you mean. i wasnt bothered about meeting andee frizelle or kaven smith at chevron 7.5 but they were great and realy helarious.

here are a few soguestions of actors we could have at the con who were in both Atlantis and Sanctuery-

Ryan Robbins- sanctuery-Henry Foss atlantis-geni Ladon Radim

Christopher Heyerdahl- sanctuery-biggie/John Druid atlantis-athosian Halling/ wrieth Todd

Peter Wingfield- sanctuery-james watson atlantis-Tanith

Paul McGillion- sanctuery-wexford atlantis-DR Carson Becket

or if were inviting 100% sanctuery huests hows about Jonathan Young who plays Nikola Tesla?

Edited by stargate geek emily

Having met Robin a few times I will say he is a AWESOME guest! I'm planning on coming to this one as are a few friends I know.

But as it's a SG and Sanctuary con I would love to see CHUCK CAMPBELL again. He is without a doubt one of the best guest's I've ever met.

So Jason, Mark and the gang please look at getting Chuck for 7.8! You won't regret it. :lol:

I'd have to agree with the others here. I'm not in the least bit interested in Sanctuary and am not keen on merging two conventions simply because of actors being in both. The same reason I wouldn't want Law & Order to be combined with a Doctor Who convention based on the Freema connection. While I am not that keen on SG:U, I at least accept it is a show based on the Stargate world and so would understand guests coming from that, even if I didn't personally like it.

And with a movie, 3 live-action series and a cartoon to have guests from, I would have thought Stargate would be the one thing that wouldn't be short of potential guests.

Edited by Zagreus

I'd have to agree with the others here. I'm not in the least bit interested in Sanctuary and am not keen on merging two conventions simply because of actors being in both. The same reason I wouldn't want Law & Order to be combined with a Doctor Who convention based on the Freema connection. While I am not that keen on SG:U, I at least accept it is a show based on the Stargate world and so would understand guests coming from that, even if I didn't personally like it.

And with a movie, 3 live-action series and a cartoon to have guests from, I would have thought Stargate would be the one thing that wouldn't be short of potential guests.

Sanctuary has a lot more crossover with Stargate than Doctor Who and Law & Order though, there are loads of actors who have appeared in both Stargate and Sanctuary. I do get your point though, if I wasn't a Sanctuary fan I'd probably not be that happy either. But, for all we know it could be a one off for this event, a condition set by Amanda to bring along Robin if she attends.

As for mentioning the cartoon, Stargate Infinity, would you really be interested in meeting guests from that? I didn't watch much of it but from what I saw of it years ago, it was pretty awful. Though yes, even without guests from Infinity there are a load of possible guests for Stargate conventions. But as I just said it may be a condition on Amanda coming that it's part Sanctuary convention, a condition I'm happy to accept if it means finally meeting Amanda :blush:

I'm thrilled Robin is coming although I do appreciate why some aren't totally happy with it. All I can add to the discussion really is that I was in a similar situation a few years ago when I attended another Stargate event that very near to the event added Colin Ferguson (Eureka) as a guest. I wasn't angry, but even though I like Eureka I had no real interest in meeting people from that show and was dissapointed that they weren't getting another SG guest. At the con though he was really lovely, interesting to listen to and it was a good experience to hear about a programme I wouldn't have met guests from under other circumstances. All in all I did enjoy meeting him.

Re the price change I can only add my opinion that unfortunately prices do rise and tickets have to reflect this. Airline fares increase ect. It's always hard to deal with increases but what can you do.

I am really looking forward to meeting Robin again as he is a great guest. In term of it being a "Stargate & sanctuary" convention, I think in reality it won't make a huge amount of difference in terms of the guest line up as the majority of main cast in sanctuary have been in Stargate at some point (Ryan, Chris and Agam) and alot of the guest stars have been in Stargate too (which is one of the reasons first I started watching the show). Previous guests that have been to a chevron event and have stared in sanctuary include: Kavan Smith, David Nykl, David Hewlett, Michael Shanks, Gary Jones and Ryan Robins. I can understand why as a matter of principle people are concerned, but I think in reality it won't make a huge difference.

Edited by Bensync

• Showmasters Admin

Without going into the whole argument / conversation on here about Sanctuary guests, I just wanted to say that I do not intend on having any more than just Robin at the event. (Obviously Amanda is in Sanctuary too but I think most will be meeting her as Samantha Carter)! :D

I hope that puts some minds at rest!

Mark :D

i dont see why ppl are making such a fuss, he is coming with amanda, we have amanda! let it go lol. this plus marks post above should end any talk of why a sanctuary guest.

i agree. i don't see peoples problems.like people said most of the sanctuery cast were origionaly in stargate. if you don't want to hear about sanctuery just don't ask them questions about it. anyway i'm sure most of the pictures we get other than Robins will be from stargate and i think everyone will still enjoy themselves. i enjoyed sanctuery an stargate. i was a little sceptical of it at first but as i watched more episodes i grew to enjoy it.i am coming for Ammanda but like when i came to chevron 7.5 i came for michael shanks and lexa-Michael couldn't make it . but in the end i found enjoyed meeting Kavan and David and Andee. so i say calm down and im sure youll all enjoy yourselves. i know i will.

and just remebered. maby Ammanda wanted the con to be part sanctuery seeing as her charety is called sanctuary for kids. so maby that also has something to do with it being a joint convention.

Without going into the whole argument / conversation on here about Sanctuary guests, I just wanted to say that I do not intend on having any more than just Robin at the event. (Obviously Amanda is in Sanctuary too but I think most will be meeting her as Samantha Carter)! :wub:

I hope that puts some minds at rest!

Mark :D

Can you tell us if you plan to have future Chevron events as Stargate conventions or Stargate and Sanctuary conventions please? Personally it doesn't matter that much to me but it would be good to know.

Thanks

i dont see why ppl are making such a fuss, he is coming with amanda, we have amanda! let it go lol. this plus marks post above should end any talk of why a sanctuary guest.

Lol :D

Pull yourself out of Marks backside I'm sure he don't want you in there :wub:

As for ending any talk of "extra guests" why should we ??? Are we not allowed our own opinions and freedom of speech ????

I don't care who they invite. we can give our suguestions but that's all they are suguestions. It comes down to whos willing to sign the contracts. Like they say thier just people like us. they still have families and plans of their own and jobs. so realisticly we should be pleased with whoever we get. were getting Ammande so people should stop complaining. Robin has been going to a lot of the cons with Ammanda rescently from the clips i have seen on youtube and things so that's probably been why he has been invited and I'll be honoured to meet him. So stop the fuss and be grateful. She didn't have to sign the contract afterall she does come to England every year already for her AT- CON. so le'ts stop this and get back to celebrating.

• Moderators

Lol :D

Pull yourself out of Marks backside I'm sure he don't want you in there :wub:

As for ending any talk of "extra guests" why should we ??? Are we not allowed our own opinions and freedom of speech ????

Please watch what you're saying to other members. There's no need to be like that, and we don't want arguments.

Mark has made his statement, and that should be the end of any worry for people.

Lol :headscratch:

Pull yourself out of Marks backside I'm sure he don't want you in there :D

oh my, picard face palm.

oh and I said should end any talk of why a sanctuary guest! (at a SG con) both the obvious reason and marks reply.

I think like david has said its quite clear he is here cos amanda is, she wanted him to come, they do a few cons together in the US.

I guess its also possible its linked to her charity as suggested elsewhere, but im not sure if thats true.

Edited by timelord81r

As for mentioning the cartoon, Stargate Infinity, would you really be interested in meeting guests from that? I didn't watch much of it but from what I saw of it years ago, it was pretty awful. Though yes, even without guests from Infinity there are a load of possible guests for Stargate conventions. But as I just said it may be a condition on Amanda coming that it's part Sanctuary convention, a condition I'm happy to accept if it means finally meeting Amanda :headscratch:

I could say the same thing about Stargate Universe. Would anyone REALLY be interested in meeting guests from that? Yes they would, despite what I may think of the show. And yes, people would be interested in Infinity just the same. In addition to the ones who like it just for it being Stargate, there are people like myself who admire the talent of voice-actors and writers from animation.

I never saw infinity, but I dont see why there cant be infinity guests, but imo they should be bonus like the big finish stuff.

ps, SGU rocked, so much better than SGA which was good, I like it but its also very much the SG1 B team with vampires lol ;-)

I never saw infinity, but I dont see why there cant be infinity guests, but imo they should be bonus like the big finish stuff.

ps, SGU rocked, so much better than SGA which was good, I like it but its also very much the SG1 B team with vampires lol ;-)

i liked sgu too- sga is still growing on me but im not keen on all the episodes- im very much sg1. i never saw infinity but yes i think the could come a extras like big finish.

• 2 weeks later...