Park Inn Convention Rate ?

tazmac25

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me what the next airport to the Convention hotel is!? And is it easy to get there!?

So far I have been to Cons in London and Birmingham in the UK. Both hotels close to the airport, so quite easy to get to.

Thank you!!

Can someone tell me what the next airport to the Convention hotel is!? And is it easy to get there!?

So far I have been to Cons in London and Birmingham in the UK. Both hotels close to the airport, so quite easy to get to.

Thank you!!

Where are you coming from? Birmingham might actually be easier. There's a straight train from Birmingham Airport to Northampton. London you'd have to take a bus or the Tube to get into London and then get the train there.

Thank you!!

Where are you coming from? Birmingham might actually be easier. There's a straight train from Birmingham Airport to Northampton. London you'd have to take a bus or the Tube to get into London and then get the train there.

Thank you for your answer.

I am from Germany, so any bigger airport would work for me. Okay so it is better tog get there from Birmingham!?

Sorry for switching languages everyone. ;)

Ich bin Deutsche, wir können auch Deutsch reden. Ist vielleicht einfacher.

Ich persönlich fand es über Birmingham einfacher. Flughafen, dann in den kleinen Transfer-Zug zum Flughafen-Bahnhof, und da gab es dann direkte Züge nach Northampton.

London Heathrow wäre entweder Tube nach Euston und von da Zug oder Heathrow Express (der kostet recht viel) in die Innenstadt, dann Tube und Zug oder der Überland-Bus mit National Express direkt ab Heathrow.

Schau mal unter http://www.thetrainline.com Da hast Du ein paar Optionen. Die Station in Birmingham heißt Birmingham International. Die Website der Busse ist http://www.nationalexpress.com

Bus von Heathrow und Zug ab International dürften sich zeitlich (wenn alles normal läuft) nichts nehmen. Ich hatte nur einmal ein Trauma mit einem Stau da, deswegen bin ich eher ein Zug-Fan geworden.

If you're that curious I'll provide the English translation. :crying:

It was basically a short summary of different travel options from Germany to Northampton.

Danke schön für die Erklärung *changes back to english* because I googled the location and I was like "how do I get there?". So far all my cons have been at airport hotels (or they were in germany) and pretty fast and easy to get to.

But there is nothing I wouldn`t do for a con ... okay maybe I would not walk to get there.

Danke schön für die Erklärung *changes back to english* because I googled the location and I was like "how do I get there?". So far all my cons have been at airport hotels (or they were in germany) and pretty fast and easy to get to.

But there is nothing I wouldn`t do for a con ... okay maybe I would not walk to get there.

Try googling Milton Keynes - that will scare you. ;)

My first Showmasters event was in Milton Keynes, C4 with Elijah Wood. A friend called me and said Elijah was coming to Milton Keynes. My first reaction was "where or what is Milton Keynes?" :P 20 minutes later we are all booked. :P

It's really not complicated. National Express busses and also British railway are extremely easy to use once you get the hang of it. Takes a little longer to get to Northampton, but it's worth it. The event hotel is quite close to the city centre. There's a shopping area and several food options to choose from. I have nothing against McDonalds, but I don't really like to depend on it for a full weekend. ;)

Sorry for switching languages everyone. :D

Ich bin Deutsche, wir können auch Deutsch reden. Ist vielleicht einfacher.

Ich persönlich fand es über Birmingham einfacher. Flughafen, dann in den kleinen Transfer-Zug zum Flughafen-Bahnhof, und da gab es dann direkte Züge nach Northampton.

London Heathrow wäre entweder Tube nach Euston und von da Zug oder Heathrow Express (der kostet recht viel) in die Innenstadt, dann Tube und Zug oder der Überland-Bus mit National Express direkt ab Heathrow.

Schau mal unter http://www.thetrainline.com Da hast Du ein paar Optionen. Die Station in Birmingham heißt Birmingham International. Die Website der Busse ist http://www.nationalexpress.com

Bus von Heathrow und Zug ab International dürften sich zeitlich (wenn alles normal läuft) nichts nehmen. Ich hatte nur einmal ein Trauma mit einem Stau da, deswegen bin ich eher ein Zug-Fan geworden.

Ahhhh, Stau. :YAHOO: Jedesmal, wenn ich nach Northampton fahre...

Ich habe fast alles verstanden! (Aber mein Deutsch ist heutzutage schrecklich, denn ich übe nicht seit langem...)

Try googling Milton Keynes - that will scare you. ;)

My first Showmasters event was in Milton Keynes, C4 with Elijah Wood. A friend called me and said Elijah was coming to Milton Keynes. My first reaction was "where or what is Milton Keynes?" :wub: 20 minutes later we are all booked. ;)

It's really not complicated. National Express busses and also British railway are extremely easy to use once you get the hang of it. Takes a little longer to get to Northampton, but it's worth it. The event hotel is quite close to the city centre. There's a shopping area and several food options to choose from. I have nothing against McDonalds, but I don't really like to depend on it for a full weekend. ;)

My first Con was in Birmingham - easy to get to. Okay, maybe I can convince a friend to come with me to the con then I have a fellow traveler on my way.

I want to learn german now. :yoda:

We can teach you some german at the con ;)

Ahhhh, Stau. :wub: Jedesmal, wenn ich nach Northampton fahre...

Ich habe fast alles verstanden! (Aber mein Deutsch ist heutzutage schrecklich, denn ich übe nicht seit langem...)

Das war sehr gut. :yoda:

German is a hard language to learn and to remember if you don't get the chance to practice much.

• 1 month later...

Hi I can see that the beautiful new Bitten website is up and running along with information about the Park Inn rates and their contact details.

However, I just wanted to make sure that we can phone up and book rooms as when I tried last night I was told that they have not received confirmation regarding the event and so they had no code for me to book the room. I was told to try again another time.

Thanks

I asked this before and didn't get much of a response which is a little disappointing considering that the official website is giving out misleading information, either it needs altering or removing altogether especially as no one official seems to want to comment or reply to the questions on here that are being asked!

Yet again I ask, can we get someone official to come on here and give us some info regarding the hotel please, seems very weird that we have nothing yet when for the last con we could book the hotel with a £10 deposit at the first con.

I for one would like to get this sorted asap, so that I know I have a room and that come August I don't have to fork any money out :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Can we PLEASE get a yes or a no for a convention rate on this hotel now as if there isn't I'd like to be able to book my hotel before it gets booked up rather than keep waiting for them to announce.

Seriously a quick post just to say one way or another wouldn't hurt would it?!?!?!

Thanks