Klingons want women.

Emma Watson, Bonnie Wright, Natalia Tena, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Emilie de Ravin, Anjelica Hutson, Kathy Burke, Sigourney Weaver, Uma Thurman, Sheri Moon Zombie, Betsy Russell, Ellen Page, Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillaird, Michelle Pffeifer, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Jennifer Aniston, Prunella Scales, Connie Booth, Jamie Lee Curtis, Winona Ryder, Helena Bonham Carter, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, Cate Blanchett, Liv Tyler, Mena Suvari, Alyson Hannigan, Tara Reid, Tippi Hedren, Geena Davis, Dakota Fanning, Mara Wilson, Shelley Duvall, Kelly MacDonald, Britt Eckland, Christina Ricci.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Serious question - do people actually meet guests based on their gender?

I mean, for me anyway, the first thought is whether I liked their role and whatever they were in or not. That's regardless of whether they are male or female. It never really crosses my mind that I only met one female at an event or something.

Just wondered what peoples thought processes were.

always about who you want to meet regardless of gender, if you love the show you want to meet them, I dont care if male or female, if its a good guest its a good guest. but its always good to have some female guests, not all dudes.

however, say 2 shows im not into being last of the summer wine and hollyoaks. say you have 3 female guests from each, if the 3 from hollyoaks are hot Im likely to fold and buy a shoot even if I hate the show ;-) where as I wouldnt for nora batty types lol

the same applies to women attendees, how many times do I see on here, oh hes a fitty, swoon, nom nom, ect ect.

I find it strange that when men on here get excited at a guest cos they are hot they are bombarded with all sorts of crap but its ok for women? ;-)

reg Kristana loken, I met her because 1st I love the terminator films and second cos she is hot. ;-)

ppl can say what they want but for some of us we arnt lucky enough to be popular with the ladies, so we arnt likely to say no to nice female guests

Why is it so important women come? I don't really understand.

What difference does it make that more men come :-/

What if the woman is Alex Kingston? :P

Clever :clap:

I like Alex because of who she is. I do fancy her yes but it is not the reason I wanted to meet her.

Btw I love your photo :D

Male or female, doesn't matter to me just as long as it's someone I want to meet. I'd like to think I'm not someone who'd meet a guest just because she's a very pretty lady. Of course, at Showmasters events that's often a pretty difficult rule to stick to, and I did finally break it back in July with Kyla Cole and Monica Harris... :uhoh:

And, as you can see from my sig, my three most-wanted guests are all female and I've met them all before. So maybe I am a bit prejudiced towards having lovely ladies there, but...so what?

ppl can say what they want but for some of us we arnt lucky enough to be popular with the ladies, so we arnt likely to say no to nice female guests

Amen to that.

There was a couple at LF&CC back in July who were either behind or in front of me in the queue for the Sylvester McCoy photoshoot on Saturday, I forget which, but they were talking about a 'friend' of theirs and how sad he was for having photoshoots with the models.

"It's only cos he's a total loser and can't get a girl of his own." said the guy. "Course, all he has to do to is just go out and find one. It's as simple as that."

Now, ignoring the fact that I obviously fell into this category of total loser for having had my photo taken with them, I suffer from social phobia really badly. I totally shy away from any and all social events cos I don't feel like I measure up to anyone around me and am constantly afraid that my friends are going to find out I'm even more awful than they probably already think I am.

That means that these shows are pretty much all I have to look forward to. Yes, that's sad, I know, and that's not how I want to live my life, but for a day or two I can go along and lose myself in a crowd of like-minded people and not have to worrying about explaining myself or justifying my existence to anyone.

So listening to this guy just blathering on about how easy it was to 'get a girl, you just go out and find one', like they grow on trees or something, was really starting to irritate me big time. Easy for him, maybe - although to be honest he wasn't anything special. For some of us it's the hardest thing in the world.

:chair:

But then I thought about it and realised - who's the bigger loser here? The guy who goes to meet a female guest just cos she's pretty and he wants a tiny moment of beauty in an otherwise crappy life, or someone who would speak about a friend the way those two did?

Yeah, it's still probably me. But I didn't feel quite so bad after that...

Male or female, doesn't matter to me just as long as it's someone I want to meet. I'd like to think I'm not someone who'd meet a guest just because she's a very pretty lady. Of course, at Showmasters events that's often a pretty difficult rule to stick to, and I did finally break it back in July with Kyla Cole and Monica Harris... :uhoh:

And, as you can see from my sig, my three most-wanted guests are all female and I've met them all before. So maybe I am a bit prejudiced towards having lovely ladies there, but...so what?

Amen to that.

There was a couple at LF&CC back in July who were either behind or in front of me in the queue for the Sylvester McCoy photoshoot on Saturday, I forget which, but they were talking about a 'friend' of theirs and how sad he was for having photoshoots with the models.

"It's only cos he's a total loser and can't get a girl of his own." said the guy. "Course, all he has to do to is just go out and find one. It's as simple as that."

Now, ignoring the fact that I obviously fell into this category of total loser for having had my photo taken with them, I suffer from social phobia really badly. I totally shy away from any and all social events cos I don't feel like I measure up to anyone around me and am constantly afraid that my friends are going to find out I'm even more awful than they probably already think I am.

That means that these shows are pretty much all I have to look forward to. Yes, that's sad, I know, and that's not how I want to live my life, but for a day or two I can go along and lose myself in a crowd of like-minded people and not have to worrying about explaining myself or justifying my existence to anyone.

So listening to this guy just blathering on about how easy it was to 'get a girl, you just go out and find one', like they grow on trees or something, was really starting to irritate me big time. Easy for him, maybe - although to be honest he wasn't anything special. For some of us it's the hardest thing in the world.

:chair:

But then I thought about it and realised - who's the bigger loser here? The guy who goes to meet a female guest just cos she's pretty and he wants a tiny moment of beauty in an otherwise crappy life, or someone who would speak about a friend the way those two did?

Yeah, it's still probably me. But I didn't feel quite so bad after that...

Personally I would not just meet someone because I fancied them but I do not think there is anything wrong with it.

I am a loser with people in general not just with guys etc. I am married but no other male really pays attention to me or female for that matter.

But it is nice to think for one second someone who is that amazing to you (like Alex was to me) could spend a moment with you and not be repulsed.

Yeah, that's another positive thing about these shows; when things are bad, when I've had a bad day at work full of random people telling me off and being totally unpleasant, I can look back at the photos and memories I have of meeting so many of my heroes at the SM events and think that it doesn't really matter.

So what if that guy I served first thing this morning called me a fat f***ing c**t? Mary Tamm said I'm handsome. And I know which of those two statements matters more to me.

True, it doesn't make any sort of sense, but it definitely helps.

Serious question - do people actually meet guests based on their gender?

I mean, for me anyway, the first thought is whether I liked their role and whatever they were in or not. That's regardless of whether they are male or female. It never really crosses my mind that I only met one female at an event or something.

Just wondered what peoples thought processes were.

Ok. Imagine this that 90 percent of stars at next EMS are child actors.

Somebody asks: What's going on???

And then you ...

Serious question - do people actually meet guests based on their age? :WAVE:

Yeah, that's another positive thing about these shows; when things are bad, when I've had a bad day at work full of random people telling me off and being totally unpleasant, I can look back at the photos and memories I have of meeting so many of my heroes at the SM events and think that it doesn't really matter.

So what if that guy I served first thing this morning called me a fat f***ing c**t? Mary Tamm said I'm handsome. And I know which of those two statements matters more to me.

True, it doesn't make any sort of sense, but it definitely helps.

In what kind of place do you work to warrant having to put up with that kind of abuse? I'd have refused to serve him (and jacked in the job ASAP if my manager hadn't backed me up). Nobody should have to put up with that.

Otherwise, I know what you mean. It's great being with like-minded people and getting to meet guests you admire (regardless of their gender).

If its an all female event you would like to see may I suggest that you visit one of London's more (or less depending on your tastes) reputable cat houses.

I have never said I want all female event. This is your imagination and knowledge about London's cat houses :angel:

However if you want all male event maybe you should go to one of London's cat houses for gays?

How do you like this kind of answer? Still funny???

I certainly say we need more. Heres a few more suggestions:

Ashley Greene (Twilight & Desire)

Heather Donahue (The Blair Witch Project & Taken)

Heather Morris (Glee)

Kate Hudson (Almost Famous, Something Borrowed & Bride Wars)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, Scream 2 & The Grudge)

Azura Skye (One Missed Call, CSI: Miami & Zoe)

Jena Malone (Donnie Darko, Sucker Punch, Pride & Prejudice & Saved)

Christine Taylor (Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder & Zoolander)

Alexa Davalos (Clash of the Titans, Chronicles of Riddick & Angel)

Leven Rambin (Sarah Connor Chronicles :D , Greys Anatomy, CSI: Miami & One Tree Hill)

Kathy Bates! I would love to meet her, alsp means then that you would HAVE to bring over Harry Enfield aswell which would be a mighty flavoursome treat.

You'll be wanting Kathy Burke, there. :pyth:

Woops!! My mistake, KATHY BURKE! :D

Also thought of another lady I would like to meet; Dianne Wiest.

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

I'm a little surprised that people would be making their decision to meet a guest as to whether they were male or female rather than the main reason being the work that they have done.

I suppose there have been some female models at recent events, so perhaps there should be some male models there as well to even things up ?

Main choice for me though is about wanting to meet people from my favourite movies or shows.