A TAD SHOCKED AND DISAPPOINTED!

I was at London this weekend and overall had a great weekend...

Picked up my programme and noticed that there was no advert (other than a small mention on the back for Glasgow)

Now i know you guys are mega busy and London was huge...but if this is the case why have Glasgow so close???

There was nothing to direct anyone new to the next covention and with less than a month and a half to go...its not looking good....(hell the next London ones have gueasts) Even some of the guests we have are not on the website...

Lets be honest...Glasgow is low down on the list but things are looking bad!

I know you will get great guests but what about Great Customers.....

I know i will get shot down for moaning but i spend alot of money on these events and would like to think i can have my say....

Please dont neglect us...... :lol:

Be patient. Glasgow unfortunately does tend to not receive many updates until after Showmasters biggest events such as Collectormana & LFCC are over.

But they do always manage to pull through in the end and have a good guest list and a good turnout. I even complained last year when there was a lack of updates and I ended up eating my words later on.

Be patient. Glasgow unfortunately does tend to not receive many updates until after Showmasters biggest events such as Collectormana & LFCC are over.

But they do always manage to pull through in the end and have a good guest list and a good turnout. I even complained last year when there was a lack of updates and I ended up eating my words later on.

Yes i always eat my words too....this post is not about the lack of guests but about the lack of support and advertisment....i know the guests will be good....but i also no too little is too late!

SM may not be seen to be doing much, but there's always stuff going on behind the scenes. There are 2 more guests to be officially announced that have already been discussed in another thread here in the glasgow section.

They may not be to everyone's taste I admit, but at least it does go to show they have worked on the Glasgow show.

After the post cleanup and rest of LFCC, We should start to see movement on CM GLasgow inc the official announcement of the guests that told me they're due to attend it .

Edited by gebes

Two more Guests? Can I be pointed to the thread giving this hint please? My noseyness is getting the better of me! LOL! :blush: Hopefully maybe Tom Baker... :D

I can't remember which thread it was posted in, so here goes

I was one of several who'd obviously met Holly Mcquire, and in chatting to her, she mentioned that she and Kyla Cole are attending CM Glasgow in August. Monica Harris usually attends the same events as Holly and Kyla, but Monica is not able to attend the glasgow event, as she will be in training for her charity fight night that she is not only taking part in, but also helped organise the fight night.

So it does show that even though they've not officially been announced, there is movement behind the scenes for CM Glasgow.

Hope this helps explain.

I was at London this weekend and overall had a great weekend...

And you still didn't come and say hello lol :thumbup:

I know i know i moan and i have no manners!!!!

Ah well never mind, my brother and i felt ill the for the whole of sunday due to being to tired. We were awake for 38 hours...it was not pleasent...i would have just grunted so its maybe best i didnt say hello.

Hope you had a good time though.

It was a great line up, suited my love of 80s movies to a tee. :P

A quote springs to mind.

This film had a profound effect on me, and it has steered me right for a long time.

"If you book them, they will come."

Let us know who's comming to CMG and let us spread the good word.

Also, 10 points to the first person who can guess the film

Actually, I was thinking of Waynes World 2.

When he was talking to Jim Morrison.

So cool that they actually got Aerosmith to appear in that movie.

Changed my life! Saw them play live in 1997 (~£18) in the SECC. What a great way of starting my concert addiction.

Yeah, is unfair, if you took the time to research, you'd find out that Monica actively does charity work, to raise money for various causes.

Also, whilst I don't know if she's yet signed up, another attendee obviously gave Holly the forum address, cause she confirmed it with me and a friend.

So yet another guest may be reading these very forums...

Really don't see why the hell a glamour model should appear at such a convention. But ah well, each to their own.

For starters, its not a convention? Its a SIGNING event! Big difference.

Second..Holly has been in several tv shows and I think a movie or two, and I believe Kyla was also in a movie or similar. So really, whats the big deal?

If you dont want to meet them, then dont bother, other people will!

Both ladies are very lovely to chat too.

For starters, its not a convention? Its a SIGNING event! Big difference.

To be fair, they were all at LFCC, which the last letter kinda implies it is a convention, so the big difference part of it to prove a point falls face down on the floor a bit there...

I don't go to see them because they have no real interest to me, but I can see why others would and as long as it does not affect other guests I don't see the real problem with it.