Karen Gillan signing que + pics + Doctor Who Experiance.

WHO1

May I just point out that Alex's VT's where NOT given out to people while they were lining up outside how ever there was a separate door for her. When we were let in when had to join another que for the VT's.

This was in fact the fairest way of doing it and it worked very VERY well indeed but I have visions of being a mass bundle at Karen's as there will be 2 ques going into one. Well we shall see wont we :P

I wouldn't say very very well, I queued for over an hour outside and got a number bigger than someone that had stayed at the stadium hotel that walked down the same time that it opened...

That honestly should NOT have happened. Myself and a number of crew we there to stop that happening. If someone did manage to sneak past us, they certainly shouldn't have and were blantantly queue jumping.

We turned a LOT of people away, to go and join the back of the queue you guys were in. And if it was only one or two people that managed to sneak past us out of 800 VTs we gave out by 9:15am then I'd say we did VERY VERY well.

That is true, wasn't meant to be a major criticism and there are always some that slip through. I didn't miss out on anything or have a worse experience meeting her because of it. Don't know why I said it wasn't done very well to be honest, I guess it was just a slight part of me that got annoyed about it happening, but with no real way of knowing how popular she would be, all in all it was handled very well by the crew.

Thanks for the replies.

A trip to the experiance sandwiched inbetween the con is a great idea. CHEERS!

I arrive at Victoria coach station around 8.45 so I assume ill be at the con around 10 a.m ish. Dunno about transport to Earls court or distance/time from Victoria. Im clueless and useless!

Hopefully ill get a VT on arrival for a signing around 4pm + later that day. Fingers crossed. If I dont get to meet her its no problem. I already have a signed pic of Karen. There are plenty other guests to meet and I can admire her loveliness from afar.

I don't think it's will take you till 10 to get to the venue. It's only 10min tube ride from victoria just make sure you get off at west brompton to save more of a walk so very latest to get to venue I would say for you would be 9.30 But it might take a while to get inside the venue as there might be a queue outside.

This is precisely the kinda thing that I am fearful of happening on Sat with the 2 Gates saga but thats another post and wont be sorted out although to be fair to SM I belive they have tried.

Let's just knock this on the head. It has to be remembered that the Earl's Court "campus" contains EC 1 and EC2, and some offices for the venue too, and a car park. SM are hiring EC2, not the entire complex within the fence. As such, they have no right to demand that one gate be opened earlier or later than the other, and I would imagine that the venue's health and safety/security procedures would prevent that except in special circumstances. Similarly SM's remit pretty much extends to the EC2 hall and immediately outside the door; they can no more mandate that everybody has to come through one gate onto the site than they can demand everybody has to come through Earl's Court tube station or Euston mainline station or the Starship Enterprise's teleport room. In fact it is arguable that their ability to control people's approach to EC2 pretty much ceases at the front door to EC2 or at the end of the queue from that front door. Even if they did try to declare one gate official, they can't say that anybody coming through another gate is not allowed to join the queue; it's none of their business how people get to the end of that queue. And if the gates open at 7am on Saturday and somebody slides down a rope from a helicopter hovering right outside EC2 and lands plum outside the front door ten seconds later, they probably won't be able to say to them that they can't be first in the queue because they didn't come through the gates either; that person will have got to the EC2 front door first once the gates (and thus the general site) were open to the public.

Thanks for the replies.

A trip to the experiance sandwiched inbetween the con is a great idea. CHEERS!

I arrive at Victoria coach station around 8.45 so I assume ill be at the con around 10 a.m ish. Dunno about transport to Earls court or distance/time from Victoria. Im clueless and useless!

Hopefully ill get a VT on arrival for a signing around 4pm + later that day. Fingers crossed. If I dont get to meet her its no problem. I already have a signed pic of Karen. There are plenty other guests to meet and I can admire her loveliness from afar.

Ok with the Doctor Who Experience (which is fab!), it's not that far from Earls Court, prob a 15 min walk, you don't have to buy tickets, we just turned up but it is advisable as it can get busy.

And with knowledge of just CM:MK this year for a huge guest, Alex Kingston was VERY busy, we got in the door about half hour after it opened as we were staying at the complex and didn't rush, we still got VQ ticket number 595!! that was around 10.30am-10.45am if my memory serves me correctly, we checked out of the hotel at 11.50am and still walked round and left around 3pm, 595 still hadn't been called. You have to remember too, if this is for a Autograph you are enquiring about, she has a talk AND TWO photoshoots to slot between signing too, so for this reason I won't be getting a VQ ticket this time and waiting until the very end of the day and see what happens!! if we don't meet her, I know my son will have thru the photoshoot!.

Good Luck!

Cheers for all the info. You are all great.

If I dont get a minute with Karen its no biggie. The day itself im sure is going to be a very good one for this Doctor Who fan.

Again THANK YOU!

• Showmasters Admin

Do I need to get a VT for Karen Gillan's photoshoot if I already have a ticket purchased online???

No, VTs are for autographs ONLY.

You will be called for the photo shoot based on the number on your photo shoot ticket.

Do I need to get a VT for Karen Gillan's photoshoot if I already have a ticket purchased online???

You don't need a ticket for a photoshoot if you already have one. VT's I believe are solely for autographs. The photoshoot ticket should have a number on it, once that is called out, you can get photo taken.

No. VT's are for autographs. The photo shoot will be called up in batches based on the ticket numbers. With approximately 1-400 going through during the first session, and the rest in the second session.

Karen will no doubt be on the Virtual Queue system.

That means you go in the venue, walk to the signing area and get a ticket with a number on it. Once your number has been called you get to join the actual queue.

So you won't have to queue for hours, but I'm afraid that at 10 AM it is pretty much a given that you will have to wait for a while until you can get in line. During that wait time you can absolutely meet other guests, that is one reason why the Virtual Queue system was implemented.

The photoshoot tickets are called in batches of about 30. Karen has 2 shoots. The first 400 tickets are going in the first shoot, the second half in the second one.

Karen will be really busy, so I am afraid you won't be able to take a photo with her at the table. You may be allowed to take a photo of her signing. There will be signs indicating what is allowed and what not.

Understand the need to ban posed photos of her at the table but do hope we can take photos of her signing - with so many fake autos around its nice to have documented proof its an original signature

Hang on, that sounds a bit dodgy.

I have an early bird ticket but I'm not arriving until 9:30. Are you saying that regular ticket people queuing outside, for entry at 11am, will get a VT for Karen before I do?

No. You will go in before the standards.

But there has been talk some attendees will get in line quite early for Karen. So if you arrive at 9.30 AM only almost all of the Early Birds who have arrived before then will have gone in and will have picked their Karen ticket up if they want. So they will be in front of you in the virtual line.

The actual line determined by the virtual tickets is the line I was referring to in the post Adrian Smith has quoted.

You will be called for the photo shoot based on the number on your photo shoot ticket.

Thats good to hear. Im like ticket number 6!

i bought mine from the shop while people were still trying to get the forums to load when she was announced!

i bought mine from the shop while people were still trying to get the forums to load when she was announced!

I got ticket number 9 even waiting for the forum and having problems with the issue card number :P

I got ticket number 9 even waiting for the forum and having problems with the issue card number :D

You had placed your order a millisecond after me (number 8 :D)

Was the first person to respond to the announcement though :D

If I arrive at the venue at 7:40 to start queueing (in the pre-booked queue), do I have a chance of meeting Karen?
I'd hope so, though Showmasters won't be able to guarantee anything as nothing is ever 100% certain. I'll be arriving about an hour after you and I 'was' feeling confident that I'd be fine. I arrived about 8am last year and had no problems meeting Shatner, and he was a massively popular guest too. Just be disciplined when you get in there, don't get distracted on your way to the VT queue by all the awesome shiny sci-fi stalls! :D

Well I'm arriving 9:30 and must leave at 5:30. Guaranteed a photo with Karen but I'll be a bit gutted if I miss out on an auto.

I wasn't too worried until I started figuring that she'd be away from her table for about 3 hours!