Is it worth it?

Definitely, I'm attending on just one day and meeting about 5 guests. That extra money that you have saved from not getting a hotel, if you spend some of that on the one day that you go then you have saved some money but still got more than you would have done if you went the whole weekend...

Don't think I could do all of the days esp with the hotel prices in that London, is it worth it just for one day popping along?

Why wouldn't it worth it for one day? One whole day at LFCC means lots of photoshoot opportunities, as well as autographs, talks and wandering about the dealers' zone! You can have a blast even for only a day :D

Don't think I could do all of the days esp with the hotel prices in that London, is it worth it just for one day popping along?

I've never been to LFCC, only Collectormaina BUT we needed the 2 days we were there, as some guests only attend one day, if you are going for a certain guest, then yes one day would be ok, but not if you want to do EVERYTHING, it's alot to do in one day!!.

I'm lucky with LFCC, I don't live to far away, so I am coming home and doing both days as we have photoshoots for both days (Karen and Mark Shepperd on the Sat and Christopher L on the Sunday!!)

Difficult to say. It depends really on what you're hoping to get out of the day and who you want to see.

If, for example, you want to see the bigger and rarer guests, such as Christopher Lloyd and/or Christopher Lambert, I'd say a definite yes. Other than that, it's hard to give a definite answer.

Totally worth it I think depends offc how long you will be traveling.

But last year I was there one day only, and I got alot out of it, didnt even stayed the entire day, but I got to see all the people I wanted to see :)

It'll be my first time at LFCC aswell. I'm driving 240 miles down to London Saturday and then back the same day.

I'm coming for Christopher Lambert, Shawnee Smith and Mark Patton.

BTW there is still no mention of Mark attending LFCC on the site itself but he's said he's defo coming.

It will defo worth it for me just for the one day anyway !

I did both days at LFCC last year and found I filled the time fine, but similarly, I didn't feel too rushed when I only attended on the one day at EMS last November. I knew in advance I was only going to the one day, so planned a realistic number of people to meet, but it was awesome. I was knackered when I got home as I was up for a 4am train and wasn't home until about 11pm, but I'd still do it again, in fact I plan to for EMS in October :D

I'm travelling over from Belfast by plane on Friday afternoon, booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday night, attending the LFCC Friday, Saturday and Sunday, have ear marked approx £300 (at the moment, this will probably increase) to purchase autographs and photo's, flying back to Belfast on Sunday evening.

For the price of this weekend i could probably get a week in the sun, BUT - to meet so many guests, get my pictures taken (professionally or otherwise), get their autographs, meet fellow like minded fans like myself, and not to mention the fans who are doing cos-play (would have loved to bring my screen accurate Rebel Trooper outfit and balster but airport security would cause problems) all make this weekend the BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!

So for me personally, hell YES ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!

There are some truly great guests going to this, I for one would love to meet Christoper Lambert, Sylvia Anderson, Sylvester McCoy, Karen Gillan etc.

However when you consider that it would cost £100 to get the family there and back by train (or £50 if I book early) - there's no way I will drive into London.

On top of that there's the cost of the tube train - and no my family do not have Oyster cards.

Then on top of that you have the entry fee - £30 for a family ticket, no good getting a late entry if you want a hope of seeing some of the bigger guests (plus we'd have to get a very early train to get the lower fares so I wouldn't want to stand around until 11am).

There's not much money left for autographs.

Plus there's also the point that this comes too soon after Collectormania MK, and I still haven't yet paid for the car I rented for the journey there. Not only that my bank account still hasn't recovered from the money I spent on autographs and photoshoots.

By the way, just for comparison, Collectormania MK cost me £25 for renting the car to get there, and £24 for the petrol, entry to the event and parking was completely free!

In my opinion this year's LFCC is far too big an event, it would have been better to spread the big guests out among some of the other events. Unfortunately this one is far too expensive for me.

• Moderators

In my opinion this year's LFCC is far too big an event, it would have been better to spread the big guests out among some of the other events. Unfortunately this one is far too expensive for me.

Too big? That's probably the first time I've ever read someone genuinely think that an event actually has too much.

If they had the luxury of picking and choosing when to get guests, then organising events would be a lot easier for them. Unfortunately they can't just spread the bigger guests out wherever they want, and really have to get some of them when they can, or not at all.

It's unfortunate if you can't manage to get to it, but a lot of us have to save up, and make sacrifices, and pick and choose the guests instead of getting them all. That's life unfortunately.

Hopefully you will be able to make it to an event in future and get whatever you want :angry:

I'm travelling over from Belfast by plane on Friday afternoon, booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday night, attending the LFCC Friday, Saturday and Sunday, have ear marked approx £300 (at the moment, this will probably increase) to purchase autographs and photo's, flying back to Belfast on Sunday evening.

For the price of this weekend i could probably get a week in the sun, BUT - to meet so many guests, get my pictures taken (professionally or otherwise), get their autographs, meet fellow like minded fans like myself, and not to mention the fans who are doing cos-play (would have loved to bring my screen accurate Rebel Trooper outfit and balster but airport security would cause problems) all make this weekend the BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!

So for me personally, hell YES ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!

If you're flying into Stansted, it's possible that you might be on the same flights as me.

I only spent just over an hour at CM back in May with approx. a five hour round trip and it was still worth it!

I'm often surprised about how much it is possible to achieve in one morning at a show let alone a whole day. Only issue is if there are guests who are only doing one day then you might have a decision to make.

Too big? That's probably the first time I've ever read someone genuinely think that an event actually has too much.

If they had the luxury of picking and choosing when to get guests, then organising events would be a lot easier for them. Unfortunately they can't just spread the bigger guests out wherever they want, and really have to get some of them when they can, or not at all.

It's unfortunate if you can't manage to get to it, but a lot of us have to save up, and make sacrifices, and pick and choose the guests instead of getting them all. That's life unfortunately.

Hopefully you will be able to make it to an event in future and get whatever you want :angry:

I can see the point. It has got big and I've gone from maybe going one day to going all days. I've already spent about £400 and still have loads of autos to pay for and travel. Much more than I intended but SM have to get the guests when they're available so you make a choice. I'm not taking the risk of missing certain people and will just have to pay for it.

I appreciate not everyone can but for example, Saturday could be the only day this year that Karen can make an event so they have to book her. Alex can only do the Sunday and that's been a last minute thing I believe as it wasn't expected she'd be available for anything after CM a few weeks ago.

SM do their best to make each show good and this has just happened to become exceptional. Surely it's better they get these guests when they can rather than miss out for maybe years?

To the original poster. I'd say it's worth going one day but if you have a long way to travel and associated costs only you can decide if that's worth it.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I'd say it's definitely worth it, but I suppose it's personal preference really!!

I've spent just the one day at MK and LFCC and to be fair I prefer to have an overnight stay in there somewhere, it just means I can relax a bit more and not have to stress about driving home!!!

Not far to travel only Coventry and I just like to mooch around, only really really want Lisa Maries auto, some others but if I don't get them not over bothered.

Do they have many dealers there, like to buy "junk" as the better half calls it

There is only one answer to this, and it's yes my friend. It's always worth it. Showmasters put on simply the greatest events, and to soak it up for a couple of hours, a whole day or an entire weekend is always a special experience.

Hopefully you will be able to make it to an event in future and get whatever you want :YAHOO:

Well, David...what can you say?

I know that when we come to London in July - like the two previous years - we make a weekend of it and come on the Thursday, settle into the hotel (A Premiere just up the road from EC2) have a great day out on the Friday...one of the fabulous museums in the capital, then just immerse ourselves in the event 'proper' over the weekend.

We are going to enjoy every second of it too.

In the past, we've not always liked all the guests...but as someone else pointed out in another thread (sorry, I don't recall who but I am going to paraphrase you, so thanks) not all the guests need to appeal to me personally for me to recognise a good solid line-up of them.

If an event like this is driven by the quality of its guests, how can it be too big?

This is why, with this year as a 'typical' exemplar, this is why I have given up on the other charlatans.

ROLL ON JULY!!!