Surprise last minute guest announcement ?

• Moderators

If it's a 'surprise' they're not going to say are they.

Even though they say they work up to the last minute, it's very rare we get anything this close. So it's always best to assume we're not getting anything.

If it's a 'surprise' they're not going to say are they.

Well it would be a nice surprise if they announced a new guest today or tommorrow ......

Even though they say they work up to the last minute, it's very rare we get anything this close. So it's always best to assume we're not getting anything.

I usually do assume this but I figured with some of the more recent cancellations and resheduled guests they might pull something out of the bag....

No harm in asking anyway :angry:

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

It would be a nice surprise if I got home tonight and found Scarlett Johannsen waiting for me but I'm not holding my breath! (Not after I turfed the cheeky mare out for overcooking my scampi and chips last time, she took my criticisms very badly)

It would be a nice surprise if I got home tonight and found Scarlett Johannsen waiting for me but I'm not holding my breath! (Not after I turfed the cheeky mare out for overcooking my scampi and chips last time, she took my criticisms very badly)

:D

Personally I would rather have Eva Green round for tea and scones but never mind :D

What would be even better would be say if an actor with nothing better to do (cos the weather is going to rain all weekend again after all!!) decided to just turn up and meet loads of fans they know are congregating in one place!!

Would be amazing to see what would happen, if that happened and neither SM';s or anyone else knew it would happen!

:D

Personally I would rather have Eva Green round for tea and scones but never mind :D

You wouldn't say that if you tasted her scones, lovely girl and she tried her best but they were overcooked and very dry, still she did serve up a lovely pickled whelk

:lol:

Personally I would rather have Eva Green round for tea and scones but never mind :band:

You wouldn't say that if you tasted her scones, lovely girl and she tried her best but they were overcooked and very dry, still she did serve up a lovely pickled whelk

She does make a nice pickled egg though. She also knows how to deep fry a mars bar :D

- As King Richard falls asleep to get some last minute z's in as he'll be too excited to sleep for Saturday... But what appears on the Collectormania 17:

LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: MICHELLE PFEIFFER

He awakes and reads the thread in utter amazement and reads that Michelle Pfeiffer will be charging £25 for an Autograph and £25 for a Photoshoot which will see Michelle encased in the Catsuit she wore in Batman Returns quickly, he finds everything of value he has and shoves it on ebay. -

Okay, okay, okay, I know its wishful thinking but a Guy can dream cant he?

N.B. I'm watching my Nightmare on Elm Street Boxset so its quite possible this post is being influenced by dreams and such.

One, two Michelle Pfeiffer dressed as Catwoman is coming for you.

This event definitely needs a last minute announcement now that yet another guest has cancelled.

Cancellations are part and parcel of events like this unfortunately. You always get a few. There are still over 80 guests there over the weekend. Personally I think the line up is excellent.

Over 80 guests?

Considering that a significant number are sports guests, which are not what Collectormania is or has ever been about, most of them are not even worthy of mention.

All I see is that most of the best guests have dropped out and no one or equal or better quality has been announced to replace them.

Over 80 guests?

Considering that a significant number are sports guests, which are not what Collectormania is or has ever been about, most of them are not even worthy of mention.

All I see is that most of the best guests have dropped out and no one or equal or better quality has been announced to replace them.

That's a bit harsh, they may not be to your taste but they are to some people, just relax and go with the flow and I believe you will enjoy yourself more, life's to short to keep fretting!!!!

Over 80 guests?

Just from your snippet, I can tell exactly what type of person you are. Who are you to tell others what guests are worthy or not? Not every guest has to be AAA+.

There are a lot of guests here that I have fond childhood memories of (and some first crushes Rebeca Holden). I am stoked to meet David Warner and the chance to say "peace and love" to Nigel Planer is something I cannot wait for.

I think when you re-read your post you will feel slightly embarrassed...Or not depending your character I suppose.

"peace and love"...

Solo

Any working actor will take a job acting if one comes along. Those that aren't so active in the business have more time on their hands.

There can't be many actors SM (or any organiser) can just phone up and just say we want you tomorrow! If any, its going to be people they know well, who've done events before. And many of those are already going!

Edited by TerraHawk

I don't normally like to rubbish other people's opinions because we all have our own unique tastes but you are talking absolute nonsense!

A lot of the sports guests are ones who have performed at the top level in their chosen profession, so to say they are not worthy of mention is a bit silly.

I'm also not sure where the ancient charter of Collectormania sets out that "those gyests of sporte be not wuyrthy and shall ne'er be at th'show" but to my mind there is a massive market for collectors of sports autographs and memorabilia at there so I think there is definately a place for them at this show.