very special photo op for this years show

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any hint now possible concerning the question if there will be a second shoot on saturday, or at least which time (not exact) the shooting is on sunday?
The times probably won't be sorted until a week or so prior to the event itself to take into account any last minute changes, additions, etc.

Is there any hint now possible concerning the question if there will be a second shoot on saturday, or at least which time (not exact) the shooting is on sunday?
The times probably won't be sorted until a week or so prior to the event itself to take into account any last minute changes, additions, etc.

Unless things has changed since the frist Collectormania London in 2009, then I would expect the timetable to come out well before the event, so people has enough time to sort out their own schedule for photoshoots and buy and recieve tickets for said shoots.

I know the crew will sort out people if they have a clash between photoshoots, but if it can be awoided by buying photoshoot tickets accordingly, then why not?

I remember that possibility was there in 2009.

I know there was some minor changes with guests who cancelled but the big picture remained the same.

Unless things has changed since the frist Collectormania London in 2009, then I would expect the timetable to come out well before the event, so people has enough time to sort out their own schedule for photoshoots and buy and recieve tickets for said shoots.

I know the crew will sort out people if they have a clash between photoshoots, but if it can be awoided by buying photoshoot tickets accordingly, then why not?

I know there was some minor changes with guests who cancelled but the big picture remained the same.

A look at the 2010 events shows that the schedules were posted 6-9 days prior to the events. To be honest I have no idea if this is a planned time frame or not.

As for reasons why it's not posted earlier, it may be down to simply waiting until the majority of the guests are known. Online ticket sales closer to the event may help indicate which guests will be busier (or not) than what may have been originally predicted so the required timings can be calculated more accurately. This may be more important now than in previous years as I suspect that more guests are now participating in photo shoots so timings are more cirtical. It could be not wishing to annoy people with constant changes that may be required. Also there is the chance that some (probably not that many) people will treat a provisonal schedule as the final version and plan for it. All these reasons are guesswork on my part though.

The problem I have is that for the last three years I've been at the British Grand Prix and if my brother wants to go again I'll end up missing this photoshoot. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Saturday shoot.
Your chance is better than mine. I will be at the GP all 3 days. I am currently suffering from mixed emotions.

F1 :P

LFCC :dance:

personally ive never understood why ppl will choose another event like a football match or F1 especially if they go regularly, over one like LFCC, 90% of the time they are live on tv so you can reccord it or at the very least watch the highlights. ok u wont feel the atmosphere but you get to see it and meet the actors at the con. which sometimes are once in a lifetime chances.

of course this is different if you already had bought tickets and the lfcc date changed and clashed, then its more of a dilema as you are loosing alot of money and messing up your friends if you sacrifice F1 say, think this was 1of2's dilema? that I can understand.

problem is some of us buy the photo shoots in advance either cos thats when we can afford to or to make sure we get one, also sometimes the online shop may close before the schedule is out, this is where clashes are a big risk. going both days I try to balance between both days and things like I know trek guests probably wont clash ect stuff like that, but there still will be clashes so best to ask a crew member for help on the day, no guarentees of course but they have always helped me out alot when ive asked. there very good!

personally ive never understood why ppl will choose another event like a football match or F1 especially if they go regularly, over one like LFCC, 90% of the time they are live on tv so you can reccord it or at the very least watch the highlights. ok u wont feel the atmosphere but you get to see it and meet the actors at the con. which sometimes are once in a lifetime chances.

It's a tough one. I want to spend time with my brother as we rarely see each other now he has a young family, but I also want to meet actors from my favourite films and TV shows. On the other hand, watching a sporting event on TV is one thing but it's no substitute for being there. I was at the British Grand Prix when Lewis Hamilton won a few years ago, and I wouldn't have missed that for the world! There's also the factor of finding out the result before you have chance to watch the highlights which spoils the surprise. Then again, I missed out on the chance of meeting the actor who played Mr Miyagi when he came to LFACC because I was doing something else that weekend, and that was his last UK appearance.

of course this is different if you already had bought tickets and the lfcc date changed and clashed, then its more of a dilema as you are loosing alot of money and messing up your friends if you sacrifice F1 say, think this was 1of2's dilema? that I can understand.
Correct, my F1 ticket was purchased prior to the date change. To be honest it would take the likes of Harrison Ford to make me miss the British Grand Prix. I have already met Christopher so I am content with that.

Slightly embarrassing is the fact that for a period of time I forgot the clash of dates and was looking forward to attending LFCC B)

I was at the British Grand Prix when Lewis Hamilton won a few years ago, and I wouldn't have missed that for the world!
Same here. My brother and I took our parents to that race. It was their first time at a F1 race and they don't want to go back now as they don't think that weekend can be topped.

I was at the British Grand Prix when Lewis Hamilton won a few years ago, and I wouldn't have missed that for the world!
Same here. My brother and I took our parents to that race. It was their first time at a F1 race and they don't want to go back now as they don't think that weekend can be topped.

The thought did cross my mind at the time! As to the photoshoot, my brother doesn't want to go to the race this year so I can do it, I just need to get some money together to pay for it...

Just a quick question regarding how the times work. I would absolutely love to get this for my girlfriend, but she needs to be on a eurostar that day so we would need to leave by 3pm. How realistic is it that we will have time for this? I had planned to just buy early bird tickets for the Sat, but that was before I saw this.

We did have photo ops at around 3 PM. But usually it's not the most popular ones. The goal is to get the photos back before the day ends so people can take them home. So really popular shoots (like Christopher's will be) in the past have been earlier than that, one reason being there's lots of photos to print there.

This isn't a guarantee, but from previous years I think you should be okay,

OMG!!!!! How have I not spotted this until now! Have just been to tet tickets as this is one shoot I don't want to miss out on! I missed out on the Being Human one last year so don't want that to happen again! Can't wait!

I wonder what the pose will be. I hope it's stepping into the car like they did on the covers, that'd be amazing!

Edited by Charmer

To the Showmasters guys:

My girlfriend has very knidly bought me this photoshoot for my 30th Birthday and I'm very excited about it.

She called up to buy the tickets and she asked if standard entry would be ok to go with this purchase as to which your customer service advised there would be no problems so she bought standard entry based on this advice.

She had previously sent an email as well to ask this which didn't get a reply. Just after she bought all the tickets she got an email response saying there is no guarentee that standard entry would be ok to go with this purchase.

As such which is right? I really need to know if we need to upgrade the tickets.

Where this is such a special photo shoot can you not see your way to at least confirm the time for this shoot only? If you can't confirm the exact time can you at least tell us if it is due to be after midday as they would help a lot of people out.

To the Showmasters guys:

My girlfriend has very knidly bought me this photoshoot for my 30th Birthday and I'm very excited about it.

She called up to buy the tickets and she asked if standard entry would be ok to go with this purchase as to which your customer service advised there would be no problems so she bought standard entry based on this advice.

She had previously sent an email as well to ask this which didn't get a reply. Just after she bought all the tickets she got an email response saying there is no guarentee that standard entry would be ok to go with this purchase.

As such which is right? I really need to know if we need to upgrade the tickets.

Where this is such a special photo shoot can you not see your way to at least confirm the time for this shoot only? If you can't confirm the exact time can you at least tell us if it is due to be after midday as they would help a lot of people out.

The schedule for the photo shoot times/talks/etc are normally worked out and released closer to the event as the exact times aren't worked out until them to take into account any last minute guest changes.

If a photo shoot that you require takes place before the 11am standard entry then you are able to upgrade to an early entry ticket on the day. Just join the 'early entry pay on the day' queue, hand over your standard entry ticket and pay the price difference. You will then be able to enter the event at between 9am and 11am.

Both responses are right, in a way.

Generally there is no guarantee that the standard entry will be okay with this purchase. There have been photo sessions before standard entry at the last couple of shows, and with the show being so large it will be the same this year.

But: if you should need an early bird ticket after all you can upgrade on the day, this is not a problem at all. This is probably what the person you spoke to on the phone was thinking of when she replied. I apologize for the confusion.

I don't think an upgrade will be possible in advance, but it can easily be done on the day. A number of attendees posting on here have done it.

If you want to check about a possible upgrade before please e-mail info@collectormania.com

Hazel (our online store lady) wcan answer that for sure.

• Showmasters Admin

Was the e-mail you got back from info@collectormania.com? If so it's likely to have been a pretty generic reply, where as if you rang the office number, that would have been one of the organisers and they're more likely to know the correct and up to date information.

I can't confirm the exact time of the shot but I do beleive it's likely to be after 11am so your standard tickets will be OK.

Please be aware that should the exact time be announced and you do need to be in before 11am, you can upgrade your ticket on the day. Just bring your standard ticket along, hand it over and pay the difference at the front desk.

*considers deleteing the other 2 answers so I look like I answered first*

Thank you for the answers although I do have to point out that upgrading on the day could still be a problem because for the two of us thats an additional £12 on top of the £57 (tickets and photo) she has already kindly shelled out.

It also puts the prices of buses, trains up to come earlier (might need to come the night before for ealry doors so 2 days travel) and might be the difference between needing a hotel or not so really, saying an upgrade on the day will sort this although it sorts you out could be the difference of a couple of hundred pounds to me and my girlfriend. Money I could well spend inside the event. An avergae spend for me at the event each year is about £500. That will be halved coming earlier.

I do love this event and this will be my 4th one, and I know this happens every year but this is the main reason I have only ever done one photo shoot and just stick to autographs. I know you guys do a great job to bring this together and it must be a logistical nightmare but for such expensive and special shoot it would be great if you could just help us out.

From the advice given it feels like I have a raffle ticket that might get me a photo rather than in black and white that I'm going to get it and the purchase was made from advice given from your staff.

• Showmasters Admin

I understand what you're saying and SM may look at putting up a time sooner rather than later. But until that happens we can only give the best advice WE can.

All of the people that have replied are moderators on this forum and so don't have any direct influence over when it will be announced. They can only base their advice on what they know from the past and in the past the schedule has not gone up until about 2 weeks before the show and there have been photo shoots scheduled before 11am.

To that end they have just given you the best advise they can. At the moment you can assume that it will be after 11am as that's what the office said. All we were trying to say is that don't worry too much as should it not be, there is another way around it.

As I said in my reply (and I do have some input into the final times) I'm pretty sure (like 99% sure) that this photo shoot WILL be after 11am, it makes sense that it is. I just can't guarantee it as the final say is of course had by SM.

You have a black and white ticket for this photo shoot on Sunday. I'm sorry we can't guarantee you a time, but no photo shoot is ever sold with a guaranteed time.

PS: I have e-mailed the office to see if we can sort out a time frame. It will unlikely be a specific time (12:30pm) and more likely a time frame (between 12 & 2pm). I'll see what they say and hopefully that'll help.

TOO TALL,

This is brilliant news! Takes a world of stress out the day plus leaves me far more money to spend at the event.

I can go back to being stupidly excited about this now!

You guys are great and please don't think I was putting you down at all, its a hard job i'm sure and I can tell you the reward us punters get is well well worth your efforts! :)

Hi Too Tall, I know chances are slim to none but any chance of a photo shoot Sat? Just about to buy a ticket for my wife but I'd much rather do this on Sat as getting home on Sunday is going to cost a good deal more...

Thanks

Dear Too Tall, I do not want to leave my house at all on the weekend of LF&CC. Could you please arrange it for the Delorean to be driven to my house by Christopher Lloyd, so I can have my photoshoot done here, as it much more convenient for me, and would save me a lot of hassle and money....................

Sarcasm is terrible I know; but people.......be happy we have this photoshoot at all instead of complaining about days and times!!!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Too Tall, I know chances are slim to none but any chance of a photo shoot Sat? Just about to buy a ticket for my wife but I'd much rather do this on Sat as getting home on Sunday is going to cost a good deal more...

Thanks

SM did mention there was a chance of a Saturday shoot but until they confirm it, I'm afraid I'm as in the dark as you guys.

SM did mention there was a chance of a Saturday shoot but until they confirm it, I'm afraid I'm as in the dark as you guys.

Thanks for the reply sir, you guys do an awesome job on these forums it must be said :P

Well looks like we can't make the Sunday : / Saturday only for us, here's hoping!