important message from Showmasters

showmasters

Just a quick question my tickets for this cancelled show arrived today and one of the photoshoots was for Stephen Furst. He is doing a photoshoot on both Sat And Sun does the ticket which was for the Sat photoshoot mean I have to use it on the Sat at LFCC or can you use it any of the 2 days.

I don't think it has been officially confirmed either way yet (unless I have missed it somewhere?) but the current thought is that it won't be a restricted to the equivalent day.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question my tickets for this cancelled show arrived today and one of the photoshoots was for Stephen Furst. He is doing a photoshoot on both Sat And Sun does the ticket which was for the Sat photoshoot mean I have to use it on the Sat at LFCC or can you use it any of the 2 days.

I don't think it has been officially confirmed either way yet (unless I have missed it somewhere?) but the current thought is that it won't be a restricted to the equivalent day.

think that might need to be thought about, what if you cant make that day on the new show? then what? your out of luck? or u need to be refunded and then buy a new ticket? thats alot of work for SM if its like that, would be better the tickets can be used whenever on the new show for that guest.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely with so many emails to process there would be more then 1 or 2 people dealing with them, and more then 1-2 people processing the orders?

Would make sense, if not why not? Not having a go just wondering why

___

I feel sorry for what has happened to Jason, no one wants to go through that I know, but I certainly won't be booking hotels for any SM events in the future (to much risk involved) just my choice, if I have the day off fine, if not so be it.

As others have said, one mans trash is another mans treasure, and what one may have thought was a cr*p guest another person may have been waiting years to see. So that said the line up was good enough IMO for the show to go ahead, wheather SM would have made the money they wanted to make it worth while running is another matter.

And sorry if this has been said explained else where, but (and just being curious here) are there not other people working within and for SMs who could have worked with this event. Surely Jason does not do everything alone, and surely the event could have gone ahead without him being there 100% of the time? If not then it is a weird way of running things, because even the small shop I work for has two mangers (out of a staff of 7) and one can easily take over from the other at a minutes notice to help run things..

SM/ME run a business after all, and all these cancellations (what ever the reasons) can not be good for business in the long run. But I'm sure we will see more of them whether you like me to say it or not. I may be wrong (fingers crossed) but with the amount of events being cancelled over the last 2-3 years by SMs/Massive Events, and with more events being announced all the time, something has to give or more people will be unhappy and unwilling to book in advance..

:poki:

LLAP :poki:

Edited by zebredy

• Showmasters Admin

thanks for that dufresne for collectormana event it is alot down to me

but also dave and paul help with autografica and as they had issues with famaly members they two were not able to help book guests for that show so i was trying to book guests for collectormaia and autografica at the same time as being unwell so it was very hard to keep on at full speed .

jason

anyway now i have the time to catch up and i am much happier now and guest deals are closing and we have some nice names on the cards so all is getting back to normal .

and ticket sales for both the up and comming shows are selling well so i can see the fans are happy with the start to the line up for the shows .

this year we have now put out 50 more offers to big names than ever before so we hope to have one or two bights more than before so we think both CMMK and LFCC will be grate events to meet guests at :D

so lets see what we pull of this year ;)

jason

Have the other SW guests been rescheduled yet? I noticed that Kaye Power McGowan and Mark Capri are down for milton keynes but what about John Simpkin, Les Conrad, Shirley conrad and Mike Kingma? Have they been rescheduled yet?

• Showmasters Admin

Have the other SW guests been rescheduled yet? I noticed that Kaye Power McGowan and Mark Capri are down for milton keynes but what about John Simpkin, Les Conrad, Shirley conrad and Mike Kingma? Have they been rescheduled yet?

As guests are being re-scheduled they are being announced for the appropriate event. If/when those 4 are re-scheduled they'll be announced like all the others.

Jason solely books the guests - which tbh makes the show. The other stuff can be done, yes, but without guests the event falls apart.

This is a good point to make, maybe they should bring someone else onboard to help with getting the guests?

As many have said though (and not wanting to harp on) the line up wasn't actually that bad, lots of people would have been fine with it going ahead the way it stood. Then again as I pointed out above it does also come down to whether the event would have made enough money with the guests available at the time.

:D

LLAP :D

Jason solely books the guests - which tbh makes the show. The other stuff can be done, yes, but without guests the event falls apart.

This is a good point to make, maybe they should bring someone else onboard to help with getting the guests?

Certain things in business you can relatively easy terain a locum for.Anybody with the right "skillset" (lawd I hate that term) can do the accounts or order printing or design graphics or perform a host of other tasks if they're given a few pointers. I suspect that booking guests is rather more about contacts, reputations and relationships.I imagine that when it comes to agents and managers, Jason knows these people, has a presumably good reputation (looking at who he gets), and a working relationship no doubt built up over many years. Pitching somebody else in there as Jason's stand-in isn't necessarily that easy. I suspect that some of these folk will only deal with Jason (or will at least use that line as a defence/weeding exercise), and may be suspicious as to why Jason isn't calling them. At the very least it will make the whole process more tentative and probably more proteracted, and generally less successful, I would think. In some businesses it's not what you know, it's who you know, and I suspect that this is one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

i am not the only person that books the guest but i am the driving force behind booking them for Showmasters events , and as the people that also help with this also had some issues over this time thats why we got behind on the guest booking front , as you can see we are all back on line and things are looking good on the guest front .

jason :D

Well, my Starter motor on my car died on Sunday afternoon. had I gone to EMS, it would have died half way between London and Glasgow. So it appears that every cloud has a silver lining. The cloud being the £500 it will cost for a new Starter motor :-(

Oh thats not so good :huh:

Hope you can get your car repaired as soon as you can as I know how hard it can be without one. :)

Speaking of the cancelled show, I went to Portobello Rd market and acquired quite a few things, namely a Versace top and Dolce and Gabbana one too. Absolute bargain! And found a Farah Fawcett 1977 mego doll in quite decent condition although the packaging was quite battered and ripped for only £10 pounds, so all in all Im happy and did not see a wasted journey.

My husband found something he has been looking for a while now which was a M65 Fishtail Parka complete with hood and inner lining for £80 so good times. Although now he insists on finding authentic 1980s MOD patches and such like......Scooter Boy R Him!

Enjoyed my visit to the capital and on the plus side found Earl's Court and Olympia easily enough so next time it should be easier to do, without much fuss.

:D

Scooter Boy R Him!

:huh:

The amount of Vespas that I saw in London convinced me that I am doing the right thing. Now all I need is a group of friends or anyone really to join up with me and we can roll as a gang complete with name tags on our parkas. Although I am stumped for a suitable name just now to call the group...

• 3 weeks later...