next guest coming soon

showmasters

the fact that another event was just cancelled doesn't help at all, especially when it has been said that this event was cancelled because the people running the events had personal issues that prevented them to concentrate fully on booking guests.

That event usually has around 30+ guests, if Im not mistaken. A lot more than an ET event. The reason that they cancelled that event was because they believed it would not live up to the standards of the last one. Now, IMO, 4 guests for an ET is pretty good going on SM/ME's part, considering the limitations they have this time round and the previously mentioned personal issues of some of the team. If a potential guest isn't available to attend, there is nothing at all SM/ME can do, apart from try and schedule them for a future ET.

"we are getting more organised with the events that means we can work on getting the guests before they get busy and so many of them are now getting lots of work of the back of Twilight , so with us getting the dates fixed now we have even more chance of getting the guests you want to meet ."

When SM/ME announced in April last year that they were going to work on getting us 6 guests, they didn't know that Breaking Dawn would be filming, and as Jason said they were going to work on getting guests before they get busy. I think filming Breaking Dawn constitutes as busy

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES, I'm worried, YES the fact that another event was just cancelled doesn't help at all, especially when it has been said that this event was cancelled because the people running the events had personal issues that prevented them to concentrate fully on booking guests.

I think that's alittle unfair to bring that up in regards to this. They held their hands up in realtion to why that was cancelled. And everyone has personal issues at some point to deal with. We have a handful of guests, of one genre...... That event would have needed 5x that at least. However that is completely irelevant here, they are waiting for contracts to be signed by the sounds of it, and have guests lined up. Not once have they said they wasnt looking.

• Moderators

I really hope people don't keep bringing up EMS as a reason to be worried about every single other event.

It's very unfortunate, I've lost money myself on it, but it doesn't mean I think every other event is going that way too.

Each event is individual and unique, with a different date, and a different set of circumstances - and should be treated as such. Don't compare to other events, it just doesn't work like that.

I know they are looking for guests, I know they work hard, and I know we're all gonna have loads of fun at ET5. I'm just saying that problems at other events don't help regarding the guests question. It's only a question of general atmosphere.

Sure, I'm stuck with my ticket, but if I don't come I could save the rest of the money. It's not your problem and you can be tired or reading this kind of messages here, but it's something that matters to many attendees that are in the same situation.

YES the fact that another event was just cancelled doesn't help at all, especially when it has been said that this event was cancelled because the people running the events had personal issues that prevented them to concentrate fully on booking guests.

That is a signing event. Very different to this. It relies on a lot of guests to be sucessful, 60+ in comparison to the normal 4-6 guests that attend the weekend conventions.

They can't really be compared.

Edit: How did I not see the post from David! Did it really take me that long to type mine :lol:

Edited by 1of2

Hi, I can't wait til ET5, went to ET4 and it was the best weekend everrrr! I admit that i was down on it before i got there because of the cancellations but when I did get there it really didnt matter cos you have a great time and I loved the surprise guests! (Charlie *swoon*) I think that maybe it was a little premature to announce that you would be announcing soon, that is bound to make everyone a bit grumpy,probably from lack of sleep or finger cramp from refreshing the page constantly (or maybe that's just me??). But I am not grumpy, I'm just impatient, I don't mind who comes/doesn't come (although I may have a few preferences) because I learnt last time that you will have a good time regardless. I know ME are working hard to get us what we want and I appreciate that (loads) but I am going to pretend that I never saw this post and just wait until Facebook goes mental. :) lol. If Kellan and Peter really really want to come then...I don't mind lol. :D

No need to argue; everyone Has their own opinion (the world would be pretty dull if we didn't). Plus it is impossible to make everyone happy.

We just need to sit and wait :) I'm sure it will be great regardless xxx

:thumbup: Not long now!!! Wooooop! Xxx

Well I'm going to to go to ET5 and have a fab time like I do at all of Showmasters/Massive Events cons. I'm gonna get to see my friends some of which I haven't seen for months cause of travelling distances, I'm gonna get to meet the lovely Daniel Cudmore and Alex Meraz who I can vouch for both having already met them, I get to meet fresh meat with Jodelle (who I think is stunning) and Michael (who I follow on Twitter and think is hilarious) and I'm gonna have a generally fab time. Showmasters/ME have never failed me and I don't think they will now. So can't wait to see you all there and do feel free to come over and say hi :thumbup: not long now kids.

I am as impatient as the next person BUT we still have three weeks till the event and the biggest part of the franchise (2 films at once) is very much still in production

Schedules change all the time and very soon they will be moving from Baton Rouge to Vancouver to film - schedules should become clearer for actors and their agents in the coming days

We must remember we had added guests last minute to ET4 - Charlie and Gil were awesome added extras.

We should at least be thankful that we still currently have our four booked guests and that they haven't had to pull out.

SM/ME aren't stupid and I am sure they will be working right to the last minute they can to secure our guests.

They could turn round tomorrow and see all these posts and decide to go with X (person) when if they wait another week/two weeks, they could possibly secure Y (person) - and I know which I'd prefer - if we have to wait longer to secure the best guests we can, then I am happy to go with that

Of course its not the best situation when you want to get stuff brought for guests to sign etc, but this is what happens with these events!

I love these events and look forward to attending more

Edited by Lisa090982

I dont see the point of you all worrying anyway they dont get anymore guests its tough sh*t your stuck with your tickets anyway so just get on with it and stop worrying about it haha

Agreed, we get this before every bloody event, you'd think people would learn to have some faith by now

I tried to find a cute cat picture and found this :P

lolcatsdotcomk1ulstpemk8bhacz.jpg

This women has one big pu... :D

Thats not a cat thats a bloody lion :YAHOO:

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF "THE LAW OF ATTRACTION" IF YOU THINK ABOUT SOMETHING NEGATIVE TOO MUCH YOU WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN AND VICE VERSA. I SAY THAT WE ALL THINK POSITIVE AND FEB 18TH WILL ALL GO SMOOTHLY AND ALL GUESTS WILL ATTEND AND WE WILL HAVE TWO SUPRISE GUESTS ANNOUNCED WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS AND IT WILL BE ANOTHER SUCCSESFULL AMAZING WEEKEND:) SEND THAT POSITIVE THOUGHT OUT TO THE UNIVERSE AND SO IT WILL BE :) XXXXXXX

et4 was my first con, i didn't know what to expect with all the guests dropping out i was looking forward to it, but it surprises you, the replacement guests and less-famous cast like leah gibson, she was amazing one of the sweetest girls ever!. I think everyone needs to stop moaning about it because they could have something amazing planned and you just dont know,pestering thems not going to do anything, when they say a guests coming soon, they will be i mean come on when have they been wrong about guest line ups ? :D, rant over, et5 will be amazing no matter the line up!, just have to wait 20 days to find out :)

et4 was my first con, i didn't know what to expect with all the guests dropping out i was looking forward to it, but it surprises you, the replacement guests and less-famous cast like leah gibson, she was amazing one of the sweetest girls ever!. I think everyone needs to stop moaning about it because they could have something amazing planned and you just dont know,pestering thems not going to do anything, when they say a guests coming soon, they will be i mean come on when have they been wrong about guest line ups ? :D, rant over, et5 will be amazing no matter the line up!, just have to wait 20 days to find out :)

Sorry but I think a lot of people are missing the point, I don't really think anyone is unhappy with the guests we have, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to meeting them.

If ME had something amazing for us already they would have announced it as it would encourage ticket sales. They likely have something amazing in the works but can't confirm yet due to waiting on signed contracts etc.....

People need to stop telling other people to just enjoy it and it will all work out, there are people on here who are worried about the amount of money they have spent/will spend on a con which they were told would have 6 guests (with hints that the bigger guests may attend), yes BD is filming right now but at the last ET con I think people were told that ME weren't worried about guests in Feb as they had spoken to Summitt.

The reality is we are now less than 3 weeks away from the event and need 2 further guest announcements who this to be worthwhile financially etc.. for people who have purchased the more expensive tickets.

I for one think ME do a great job under difficult circumstances but people must still be allowed to express their concerns.

I am sure it will be a wonderful weekend but stop telling people how to feel.

et4 was my first con, i didn't know what to expect with all the guests dropping out i was looking forward to it, but it surprises you, the replacement guests and less-famous cast like leah gibson, she was amazing one of the sweetest girls ever!. I think everyone needs to stop moaning about it because they could have something amazing planned and you just dont know,pestering thems not going to do anything, when they say a guests coming soon, they will be i mean come on when have they been wrong about guest line ups ? :lol:, rant over, et5 will be amazing no matter the line up!, just have to wait 20 days to find out :)

Sorry but I think a lot of people are missing the point, I don't really think anyone is unhappy with the guests we have, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to meeting them.

If ME had something amazing for us already they would have announced it as it would encourage ticket sales. They likely have something amazing in the works but can't confirm yet due to waiting on signed contracts etc.....

People need to stop telling other people to just enjoy it and it will all work out, there are people on here who are worried about the amount of money they have spent/will spend on a con which they were told would have 6 guests (with hints that the bigger guests may attend), yes BD is filming right now but at the last ET con I think people were told that ME weren't worried about guests in Feb as they had spoken to Summitt.

The reality is we are now less than 3 weeks away from the event and need 2 further guest announcements who this to be worthwhile financially etc.. for people who have purchased the more expensive tickets.

I for one think ME do a great job under difficult circumstances but people must still be allowed to express their concerns.

*claps*

• Moderators

Let's try to keep it a little civil in here please and not descend into unnecessary arguments.

Everyone has a right to be worried, and as long as it's expressed in a reasonable way, there's no problem.

So try not to get at each other. We're all here for the same reasons after all :lol:

[

well said. I did express my concerns but am happy with the guests already announced.

et4 was my first con, i didn't know what to expect with all the guests dropping out i was looking forward to it, but it surprises you, the replacement guests and less-famous cast like leah gibson, she was amazing one of the sweetest girls ever!. I think everyone needs to stop moaning about it because they could have something amazing planned and you just dont know,pestering thems not going to do anything, when they say a guests coming soon, they will be i mean come on when have they been wrong about guest line ups ? :stretcher:, rant over, et5 will be amazing no matter the line up!, just have to wait 20 days to find out :)

Well said!! Been down this route before but like you mentioned, people seem to miss the point.

Providing people aren't offensive, they should be able to say whatever they want or comment on how they feel.

It really does get quite frustrating seeing people constantly being told to stop moaning about the guests and just come anyway. Nobody has actually moaned about or criticised the current guests at all.

Reality is, life doesnt work that way. People cant just go for the sake of having a fun weekend. A lot of people go to meet the guests, they are the core point of con after all.

Without guests its just a weekend long party and most people cant afford to fork out hundreds of pounds for a social gathering.