GUEST SUGGESTIONS

thedude57

I'd also LOVE for the Hobbits actors to come back (Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin)

Seconded! So many names from LOTR & The Hobbit would be amazing guests!

Again, Andy Serkis would be an awesome guest! So many things to count him in!

I second that vote

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skeet Ulrich (Jericho, Scream, Law & Order: LA & As Good As it Gets)

Bailey Chase (Buffy, Ugly Betty & Watch Over Me)

Christine Taylor (Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder & Zoolander)

Alexa Davalos (Clash of the Titans, Chronicles of Riddick & Angel)

Leven Rambin (Sarah Connor Chronicles :thumbup: , Greys Anatomy, CSI: Miami & One Tree Hill)

Adam Kaufman (Without a Trace, Dawsons Creek & Buffy)

Not sure how available any of them would be though. Craig is in Corrie,Norman Lovett is at the fringe and is writing a book, and the rest could be gearing up to film the new series for Dave.

Would be fantastic to get some of them though :) Chris Barrie is always excellent

1) I still can't believe Craig stooped to do Corri. Such a sad sight!

2) They're not doing ANOTHER new series are they!? Back to reality was bad enough!

Any chance of Craig Charles being there would be immense though! :vader:

2) They're not doing ANOTHER new series are they!? Back to reality was bad enough!
Red Dwarf X was confirmed in April. It will consist of 6 x 30 minute (40 including adverts) episodes that are scheduled to be filmed November-January/February. Transmission on Dave is expected to be Autumn 2012. The regular cast will consist of Chris, Craig, Danny, and Robert. No mention of (either) Holly, or Konchanski so far.

I think you mean Back To Earth, as Back To Reality was an episode from series 5 :poki:

Edited by 1of2

Red Dwarf X was confirmed in April. It will consist of 6 x 30 minute (40 including adverts) episodes that are scheduled to be filmed November-January/February. Transmission on Dave is expected to be Autumn 2012. The regular cast will consist of Chris, Craig, Danny, and Robert. No mention of (either) Holly, or Konchanski so far.

I think you mean Back To Earth, as Back To Reality was an episode from series 5 ;)

I can't decide if i'm excited or not.... I was brought up on Red Dwarf, such conflict!

Haha,:P Now I feel very stupid!! Of course it was Back To Earth! Oh dear.... haha. :poki:

Edited to say i'm mightily embarrassed thinking back on this! haha. Reputation = Gone!! ;)

Edited by Muthur

Not sure how available any of them would be though. Craig is in Corrie,Norman Lovett is at the fringe and is writing a book, and the rest could be gearing up to film the new series for Dave.

Would be fantastic to get some of them though :) Chris Barrie is always excellent

1) I still can't believe Craig stooped to do Corri. Such a sad sight!

Any chance of Craig Charles being there would be immense though! :poki:

I think you mean Back To Earth, as Back To Reality was an episode from series 5 :P

Norman Lovett is 100% certain he will no longer work for GNP due to what he calls "bad treatment" so if Holy does return it wont be him. Craig has been given the time off from Corrie so it loks as though it definately going ahead.

Agree with the dwarfers they are the best guests to have around i would meet them allthe time they get annouced and can also surggest William Hope i want to start adding to my alien collection i only have Michael Beihn at the moment

Adding to the requests for Adam West. That also means I would like to see Burt Ward alongside him, I know they do loads of signings in the USA so hopefully they will come over here.

This is an awesome idea. One of each would be great, but the two of them would be awesome beyond belief!

I don't see the point in giving guest suggestions because even after the ones I mentioned and what others suggested, we don't get most of the guests we ask for. Besides, it's the Showmasters crew in the end who decides on the guest line up and who will be attending.

I think that's a little unfair. The chaps at Showmasters I'm sure do their very best to get guests that they know will bring the fans to the events.

It must be difficult for them to get guests at certain times due to the fact that the guests they are after may have other commitments like theatre or filming but they do pay attention to the protests of the masses for certain guests.

Realistically we are probably never going to get a 'Harrison Ford' at these events and Showmasters have an even more difficult time because we're in the UK and the FX $:£ isn't what it was two or three years ago.

We, the fans, don't know who Showmasters have or have not approached about coming to these events so the best thing you can do is keep banging that drum about who you want but don't be too upset if it doesn't happen because they can't please everyone.

I don't see the point in giving guest suggestions because even after the ones I mentioned and what others suggested, we don't get most of the guests we ask for. Besides, it's the Showmasters crew in the end who decides on the guest line up and who will be attending.

SM are never going to be able to get everyone that you ask for. Who they get depends on availability of the guest, cost and countless other factors.

The crew are fans who also like to work on the shows. They have absolutely no say in who will be attending (apart from making suggestions on here) so I don't know where you've got that idea from.

• Moderators

There have been many MANY times where people that have been suggested on here have ended up attending events as guests, so please don't underestimate the value of suggestions.

However, I think we'll all agree that it's logical that Showmasters have the final say because .. well, it's their money! So they have to decide who is going to bring in the most attendees and are likely to break even or be profitable.

They have to have the sense to weigh up every possible thing before making such a decision. After all, it is their money on the line. They know how much guests costs, how much travel costs etc. So why would they simply throw all their money around getting random guests? They wouldn't, and neither would we.

5 people suggesting a guest on a forum isn't going to get them. Neither is a 50 page topic with the same people asking for the same guest constantly. And this forum is only a very small percentage of the overall attendees.

If you don't see the point then don't bother wasting your time, but I can certainly guarantee that Jason reads many of the suggestions, and a lot of them have had an impact. Just don't expect every single one to be picked up and acted on because that's unrealistic. That won't happen with any organiser.