couldnt get michaels autograph

mazsimp

did anyone else struggle to get micheal biehn's autograph, i went to get it at 10am and was given a ticket which had number 293 on it, i couldnt get his autograph because when i went to see what number was able to get the autpograph it was nowhere near my number, at 3:30 it was only up to 200 and i had to go at 3:45 so i couldnt get his autograph, very annoyed with the staff fo not organising it better, i went for his autograph and couldnt get it.

did anyone else struggle to get micheal biehn's autograph, i went to get it at 10am and was given a ticket which had number 293 on it, i couldnt get his autograph because when i went to see what number was able to get the autpograph it was nowhere near my number, at 3:30 it was only up to 200 and i had to go at 3:45 so i couldnt get his autograph, very annoyed with the staff fo not organising it better, i went for his autograph and couldnt get it.

yeah we wouldnt have got his autograph had we not asked the woman distributing the tickets if we could just join the queue after the 'evacuation' fiasco

I'm sorry you missed out. But it really was not the staff's fault. Michael was not a particularly fast signer, and also he took pictures with everyone who wanted. Unfortunately (in terms of queue length) sometimes that happens.

I'm not sure, did you get in only at 10 AM, or did you get there earlier and wanted to get Michael's autograph around that time? We always recommend to get the tickets for the most popular guests (and no doubt Michael was one) as soon as possible.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

You can't really blame a guest queue speed on lack of organisation ...

I had been told in advance that he was a slow signer. When I got there at 11am for main entry, I went and got a virtual q ticket straight away. It was number 318 but at that point they were still only up to 70. After an hour and a half the now-serving number had jumped to 80. Didn't want to wait around for several hours so gave up any hope. Most disappointed as he was the only guest I really wanted. Surely the queue could've gone faster if he wasn't personalising or if members in the queue were asked to keep questions for the main talk?

Michael wasn't chatty with everyone if you've seen the posts in the other topic. This really wasn't a matter of fans keeping up the line with questions. Like you say, he just is a slower signer.

It seemed to me that he did have definite ideas of what he wanted to do, like the chair next to him so people could get their pictures with him.

And in the end it is down to what the guest wants I'm afraid.

The crew/organisers can politely remind him/her "hey, you got 500 tickets left, can you try and sign a bit faster?", but sometimes that just doesn't work out.

Managed to meet Michael on the Saturday around lunch time. I had a relatively low numbered VQ ticket but still didnt manage to get his signature until about 12ish! :WINCE:

Yes he IS a slow signer and yes he WAS definately on another planet on the Saturday, probably due to jetlag which led to the constant long queues for him. Dont think you can possibly blame the organisers for that!! I personally thought this was one of the best organised event i have been to in a long time which is credit to the Crew and Showmasters as a whole.

I was astonished to see an open queue for Michael on the Sunday :blink: I guess you need a little bit of luck when you attend these events too.

Hi

I was there on Saturday morning and the speed of the queues definitely wasn't the fault of any crew or staff.

I joined the queue three times before his photoshoot (I had the proper VT) - I kept being asked to return because it was blocking the main passageway.

I did join the queue about 20 minutes before the photoshoot but it was hardly moving at all. I started to worry we would miss him so I asked a member of staff why it wasn't moving and I (wrongly) blamed it on the "gabbers" (fans who want to discuss every detail).

The crew member was very helpful and checked before advising that it wasn't the fans that were chatting, it was Michael.

We eventually got to the front and were last to see him before the photoshoot. I kept trying to end the conversation (I always make a point of spending as little time as possible with the guests if there's a queue behind us) but this was worse as staff were trying to get him to the photoshoot. I called it a day and left him to move on.

The next morning, I was standing next to some fans who were questioning whether he was drunk or not and we got on the subject of his signing speeds. They said that he was very slow in the morning and wanted to chat to everyone but they thought he had been warned or gee'd along so much that he want from one extreme to another. This may explain why people are reporting such different experiences.

He was still a great guest to have and for the busy guests like this, it's always worth trying to get a low VT number (on the Sunday morning we ran the length of the place to try and get a good number for Denis Lawson).

Steve

(on the Sunday morning we ran the length of the place to try and get a good number for Denis Lawson).

What did you get for Denis? I only ask because in front of me some people were getting multiple tickets - one person 5 - but I think some of those were crew. Even I was asked how many I wanted!

Hi Count.

We had to run - if our VT number was any higher then we would have had to pay another £10 in parking and would have left a bit later to get back to Glasgow.

As it stood, we were in for 9, out for 10:50 and back in Glasgow for 5:45.

Steve

(on the Sunday morning we ran the length of the place to try and get a good number for Denis Lawson).

What did you get for Denis? I only ask because in front of me some people were getting multiple tickets - one person 5 - but I think some of those were crew. Even I was asked how many I wanted!

We only wanted one autograph, the quickest of hellos and then a quick photo at the desk. It all took about 30 seconds (if that).

The queue was moving - sure there were some people taking a load of posters, but it was a good moving queue.

Steve

Apologies Terrahawk - we were just inside the opening range (so I'm glad we ran).

We were either about 47 and the first range was 1 to 50 or we were 67 and the range was 1 to 70.

We weren't above 70, but like I said we did run.

I did notice that despite the numbers in Denis's queue and some people having a lot to sign, it was moving quicker than Michaels - referring back to the original theme of this thread.

Steve

As it stood, we were in for 9, out for 10:50 and back in Glasgow for 5:45.

Good on you mate, I was supposed to fly back to Glasgow on Sunday afternoon but my flight got cancelled so flew back only this morning.

I had ticket number 403 (I arrived at 11:45 because my 06:45 flight from Glasgow to Gatwick was delayed) and expected him to take his time but he barely acknowledged me and the autograph was merely a squiggle. So yeah, I believe he went from one extreme to another and was disappointed I could not get my picture taken with him (I missed the photo shoot in the morning because of my late flight). Still, glad to have finally met him because I was gutted when he cancelled Glasgow in 2007.

For some strange ironic reason I feel I need to reiterate what I said in another thread.

We saw Michael at approximately 11:50 and he was really nice signed his name on my dvd cover under Linda Hamilton - how appropriate that he is under Linda considering THAT scene.

Kyle: I've come across time for you Sarah.

Anyways, um, where was I? And he was Lovely enough to pose for a sit down Photo and as he was signing he started talking about one of his latest film projects and for those in his talk know that he could have spoken all day if he so wished to. At one point I nervously looked back at the queue and how long it was as he was still talking to us so I apologise for the time he spent.

But a nice guy :)

IMG_1424.jpg

You can't really blame a guest queue speed on lack of organisation ...

of course i can, other people didnt even get a ticket with a number on so why did i, she told me to come back after 2pm but other people just got in the queue and were allowed to so its one rule for one and one rule for another, hows that fair

Managed to meet Michael on the Saturday around lunch time. I had a relatively low numbered VQ ticket but still didnt manage to get his signature until about 12ish! :blush:

Yes he IS a slow signer and yes he WAS definately on another planet on the Saturday, probably due to jetlag which led to the constant long queues for him. Dont think you can possibly blame the organisers for that!! I personally thought this was one of the best organised event i have been to in a long time which is credit to the Crew and Showmasters as a whole.

I was astonished to see an open queue for Michael on the Sunday :blush: I guess you need a little bit of luck when you attend these events too.

yeh your probably right, i reckon if i had gone sunday it would have been more successful, i agree that it was organised very well and i really had no complaints apart from the woman dishing out the tickets, i have been too several conventions and have seen celebs that have had ridicolous queues but i have stilled managed to get the signing but never mind i got a pic

of course i can, other people didnt even get a ticket with a number on so why did i, she told me to come back after 2pm but other people just got in the queue and were allowed to so its one rule for one and one rule for another, hows that fair

Generally speaking different rules can apply at different times of the day. Guests can go "open queue", like Michael did on Sunday. If you hang around until the end of the day most guests even go open queue, even if they had higher numbers of tickets given out. Not sure if this happened for Michael as I had to leave early, but it even happened for the insanely crazy CM with John Barrowman a while ago.

Why others were just allowed in the queue... I have not witnessed this particular incident, so I can't comment what exactly happened.

Simply speaking, the others may just have been lucky.

The crew giving out the tickets is supposed to try and make things run smoothly, means try to create a steady flowing line and not 2 hours of nothing and 30 minutes of 500 people in line.

Those people who got in right away may have asked in a moment where there was a slightly shorter queue, while it seems you came up at a time where the queue was already stretching across the main walkway.

Came in sunday morning bout 10 and got VT 112 when he was up to 90. 10mins later if that, he was up to VT120 and only few mins later it was my turn. He does talk a fair bit (something he admitted to b4 taking question in his talk that he could go on abit)