Snow?

Kyle Beech

I'm travelling down from Leeds on the Saturday morning.

Forecasts so far show a light falling of snow for Fri & Sat not enough at moment to bring railways to a grinding halt.

HA HA you dont live in London leaves bring the railways to a halt let alone some snow flakes!!!!

I live in London, and on the first day of snow, I only had to get from Southgate to Tottenham. The day started off with a message from my dance teacher telling me not to try, and later she cancelled the evening's classes altogether.

For those who're wondering, this was only going to involve a 25-minute bus journey and a 10-minute bus journey - yes, London really does fail at snow!

I really hope it doesn't snow and there are no tube strikes or my plan of getting there early will now be getting there late.

Last time I went to London when it snowed we were delayed by over half an hour at least and some of the trains were cancelled.

But I'm not giving up and will try my best to get there if it snows and/or there are tube strikes, don't want it to all be a waste of money.

I really hope it doesn't snow and there are no tube strikes or my plan of getting there early will now be getting there late.

Last time I went to London when it snowed we were delayed by over half an hour at least and some of the trains were cancelled.

But I'm not giving up and will try my best to get there if it snows and/or there are tube strikes, don't want it to all be a waste of money.

The tube strikes aren't set to kick in until Sunday at 1800.

The snow however, well that's a different story all together.......

See you at the show,

Michelle

The BBC website isn't showing any snow from now until Monday, for either central London or the part of north london I live in. Let's not panic just yet ;)

Edit to add: I don't mean it'll snow after Monday, I just mean it's only showing until then.

Edited by TurkFox

And now the BBC website changes its mind to make me look silly...

It now says "light snow" for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday.

Whereas the uk.weather.com 10 day forecast for the Olympia area shows no snow forecast until next Tuesday, and only a 10-20% chance of any precipitation (be that rain, snow, hail, sleet...) between now and Monday.

Welcome to weather lotto!

IF it snows heavily and causes problems, not that it takes much in the city that never sweeps, i say we make some flamethrowers and use them to melt any snow, only downside being that by melting (any) snow we could end up flooding London out, actually.................. ;)